Blow Max Tires er I mean Tow Max..well not really

bd2dabone

Just spoke with my dealer and dealer person told me to go thru tire manufacture supplier to get warranty work from tires. Seems the right thing to do to maintain customer satisfaction would be for rv dealer to step up and do the leg work for me to keep me satisfied.

Hummm...wonder if i went to Ford dealer about my truck tires Ford would tell me go find a discount tire dealer etc to get my tires warrantied...I would think not, maybe I am totally off base here in my thinking.

Just sayin!

wdk450

bd2dabone:
You know there is a phone number for Tredit Tires, Heartland's Tire supplier, on the left hand side of the Portal Page.

GOTTOYS

Ford dealers sell tires as do Gm dealers and Chrysler dealers. Heartland dealers do not sell or install tires. That's your difference. Myself..I wouldn't waste my time unless they will give you cash to purchase some other tires. If they replace them with the same, you will be right back in the same boat a few months later..JMHO..Don

BarneyFife

My blown Tow Max is in Canada at TBC right now. They stated I'm should hear from them by next week on their analysis.

I'm waiting but am loaded for bear just in case.

By the way. I'll NEVER buy another camper that only offers Tow Max tires. Why spend a couple thousand bucks on new tires to replace new tires on a new camper; especially when the new camper is so expensive.

2TrakR

No disrespect, but Ford did not warranty the Pirelli tires that came on my 2011 F150. I had to pay full price to replace the one with only 3000 miles on it which had a failure.

My 2012 GMC Sierra also does not cover the Michelin tires on it, however the GM dealer DID offer to sell me, at additional cost, a tire and wheel road-hazard insurance policy.

PS - sorry to hear of whatever misfortune you've had with the tires on your rig.

danemayer

A few years back our Toyota Sienna van developed a shimmy in the steering wheel. The dealer tech said the tread on one tire was separating. They sent me to Firestone for warranty. The Firestone shop said there was no tread separation, even before looking at the tire. I asked about the warranty just in case there actually was a problem. Firestone warranty turned out to be worthless, so I left and have never darkened a Firestone door since.

scottyb

No disrespect, but Ford did not warranty the Pirelli tires that came on my 2011 F150. I had to pay full price to replace the one with only 3000 miles on it which had a failure.

My 2012 GMC Sierra also does not cover the Michelin tires on it, however the GM dealer DID offer to sell me, at additional cost, a tire and wheel road-hazard insurance policy.

PS - sorry to hear of whatever misfortune you've had with the tires on your rig.

1st thing I do on a new vehicle, is take it to Discount Tire and purchase road hazzard certificates on the factory tires.

I would definately NOT BOTHER with replacing the Towmax with another Towmax. I have 6 brand new ones laying in my shop that I will sell cheap.

bd2dabone

That's what I plan to do is leave dealer and purchase new tires. I really dont expect any compensation from TBC. TBC said the would find me a dealer for Blow max tires for an inspector to look over tires to see if there is factory defect. Red flag in my mind. Tire dealer says he cant go 1 block to rv dealer to look at tires while trailer is at dealer for repairs. Said I would have to bring it by after repairs? Go figure- poor use of my down time. About at wits end with all these nincompoops that want to point the finger at some one else.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
WOW!!! Let me tell you my story that began today and ended today! I am getting ready to leave for Workamping at AMAZON.COM in Fernley as we always do and I was checking the torque on my 3580RL and noticed a knife like cut in the sidewall of the Freestar tires that are on my 5th wheel. I put a piece of wire into it and it stopped at just over a quarter of an inch!!! I called my friend at Les Swab tires, took it in and he put a wire into it with about 20# of pressure and it blew!! Asking what is the BEST tire for a 5th wheel over 16000# he said GEOSTAR 14ply. It takes 3 guys to get them on the rim. The sidewall is 10ply steel and the tread is 14 steel.......only problem was they were $1125.00 for the four of them.................did not even bat an eye! Ever seen a blowout on a 5th wheel??

wino2

The Big three (Ford, GM, Chrysler) in fact no Automobile Manufacturer warranties tire. Yes you have a warranty on them but I am pretty sure if you read your owners manual they tell you to go to the tire mfg for any warranty concerns. Tires are one of the biggest liability issues there is for dealers. Make sense that the RV dealers don't warranty them either. I know on our Rushmore inside the cabinet where all the switches are is a list of phone numbers for all the mfgs whose components are in our trailer. It is very frustrating. But unfortunately we pay more and get less. Thank goodness no one who had any blowouts while towing were hurt.

jasons09cyclone

I agree with scotty b... For the past 10 years every new car, truck or trailer I get, I have American tire put a road hazard on the tire for like 20 bucks a tire..
I have been riding on Goodyear marathons for about 31/2 years before I noticed the tire separation.. I just walked in there and walked out with a new tire...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1349154840.469726.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1349154840.469726.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 38
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1349154862.358406.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1349154862.358406.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 37

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I agree with scotty b... For the past 10 years every new car, truck or trailer I get, I have American tire put a road hazard on the tire for like 20 bucks a tire..
I have been riding on Goodyear marathons for about 31/2 years before I noticed the tire separation.. I just walked in there and walked out with a new tire...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is why, even after the tread blew off of our G614 two years ago, we stayed with GY and upgraded to the G114 17.5 tires and rims....they not only repaired ALL the damage, they bought us five brand new tires....can't beat that for customer service!