Tow Vehicle Decisions

Forrest Fetherolf

I have considered changing my tow vehicle. Photo 1 is what I have now. Photo 2 and photo 3 are under consideration. Photo 2 the color doesn't match the RV graphics, photo 3 does. Photo 2 would be easier for parking, photo 3 has a better view. I just can't make up my mind mainly due to color combination,..............my dealer said any one of the vehicles would handle the 3600RL. Do you like the red or blue as a replacement for my white duramax?
//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon2.gif//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon2.gif//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon2.gif :confused:

Attachments

• Tow Vehicle0001.JPG
    Tow Vehicle0001.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Tow Vehicle0010.JPG
    Tow Vehicle0010.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Tow Vehicle0006.JPG
    Tow Vehicle0006.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 178

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As you can see by the photo of our rig, I'm partial to red. In addition, the blue one is so large, the possible suction caused by the roof deflector may cause tracking problems with the 5ver. I'd go with the red and add air bags. A roof mount for the 5th wheel hitch is available at your local boneyard, Have a blast!

Uncle Rog

I have mixed emotions here, I like big blue but you would have trouble going through drive thru's...............

lwfox002

I vote for the red one. You will get more attention that way. At least for a while. Be sure to get a video first time you pull though.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
we vote for the blue one....

Big Moma Volvo 660 painted to match our CG07. We make people stare at campgrounds.
Christina Seaman

jimtoo

The only reason I would want the blue one is to keep the bugs off the 5er. But to be realistic,,,, NOTHING beats a Duramax/allison combo, so I would stay with the white one and just wash the bugs off once in a while.:D :D :D

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Add my vote for the blue one. You could always throw away your spare tire and use the red one for that. I wish I'd done more homework before buying. Not that I don't like my truck, but being a devout Tim Allen type, give me power!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jimtoo and 5catfam...something like this??Handles the 3600RL like a dream...pulling AND stopping!

100_1181.jpg

jimtoo

That is one good looking truck. Now if I can just convince the wife as to how bad we need one. :D

Jim

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
I am looking at purchesing a 2006 F-450 Diesel Crewcab with a Regency Conv. Hauler. Does any of the members own a F-450? What type of mileage towing my 3670 Bighorn can I expect, and what about solo?

Thanks

Ron

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I have been looking at Top Kicks and Kodiaks, until I came across this by International. The RXT, it looks great and has the 6 speed Allison behind an International Diesel.

Attachments

• rxt_large.jpg
    rxt_large.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 38