PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Goshen Rally - Pre-Rally Info

jbeletti
01-09-2013, 07:17 PM
This thread will be used for the Pre-Rally period of the 2013 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen, Indiana. We'll keep this thread updated as we continue to finalize the activities.

Goshen Pre-Rally

What is it?
The pre-rally is defined as a period of time prior to the start of the actual rally. It's a time for those who can make it to the area early, to:

Get settled in a site
Get acquainted with the area
Try local restaurants
Get your shopping done
Go see the sights
Etc.

Where is it:
We will stay at the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds - same venue as the rally. We will be in water/power only sites.

When is it:
The official pre-rally runs from Tuesday, June 11 through Monday June 17. By official, I mean that you will register for the pre-rally when you register for the actual rally. You will pay for the pre-rally when you register for the actual rally. You can only register for the pre-rally through the actual rally registration process. The venue will not be taking camping reservations from you directly for the pre-rally period. You "may" be able to arrive even prior to the official pre-rally. For camping dates prior to June 11, you may contact the venue directly.

How much does it cost?
The cost for the pre-rally is as follows:

A per night camping fee of: $tbd
Tour costs for those opting to go on any pre-arranged tours

What is planned for this time?
Well, we "plan" to have:

Some suggested itineraries and lists of local activities and sights to see
At least 2 pre-arranged tours (details "expected" to be announced by January 16)

What is "not" planned but that you think will happen?

Potlucks (small groups for sure and maybe larger groups)
Open houses (our RVs)
Possibly a group campfire (if allowed - self-contained only)
Rig modifications (guys can't resist showing their mods to others)
Lots of hanging out, relaxing, seeing old friends and making many new ones

I also want you to know that the pre-rally time can really be a lot of fun. It's what you make of it. If you're new, you need to get around and meet people - this is a great time to do that. Once the rally starts - things really get busy with seminars, dinners, potlucks, entertainment, tours and such.

Nabo
01-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks Jim - this helps alot.

Toy1Ton
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Our plan is to arrive on Sunday the the 16 Th well we be able to do that?

jbeletti
01-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Our plan is to arrive on Sunday the the 16 Th well we be able to do that?

Great question. Yes, you can arrive anytime from June 11 on. So when you register, you will register for the 16-17 as 2 pre-rally days and also for the rally.

happykraut
01-10-2013, 07:00 AM
This is probably gonna be a dumb question. The pre rally is 6/11 to 6/17, but the main event doesn't start till 6/18. What happens from the time we check out on the 17th till check in on the 18th.

Herbiesrig
01-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks Jim, We have never pre-rallied so this ought to be fun....

jbeletti
01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
This is probably gonna be a dumb question. The pre rally is 6/11 to 6/17, but the main event doesn't start till 6/18. What happens from the time we check out on the 17th till check in on the 18th.

Bernie - I see what you mean. The pre-rally from 6/11 to 6/17 is a full 7 nights including the night of the 17th. Just to reiterate for all - to pre-rally, you do not have to sign up for all 7 nights. You'll choose your arrival date and pay only for the nights you are there early. Pre-rally costs are still TBD.

happykraut
01-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Great, thanks, Jim. Maybe I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. We'll be there on the 11th.

klindgren
01-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Two things, Jim. First for all of us "Dads" that will be at the Pre-Rally, I think we should do something special for Fathers Day on June 16th. Second as it stands right now, I think Carol and I will spend an extra day or two at the Virginia Rally and then head straight for Indiana. I know Carol will want to spend a day at the Shipsawana Flea Market. Have you given any consideration to a day trip to Shipsawana during the pre-rally or should we plan our stop before we get to Goshen?

Keith

TravelTiger
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Jim,

I understand the pre-rally is not in the same location as the Rally. If we arrive during the pre-rally (say on Sunday, the 16th), will we then have to move to a new site (for the official HL Rally) on the 18th?

Erika

2psnapod1
01-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Erika - I'm pretty sure that Jim was able to arrange for the pre-rally to be at the same location as the rally. He'll chime in, I'm sure.

jbeletti
01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi Erika,

Sorry that I was not clearer on this. I tweaked post one a bit tonight and let me fully clarify here. Also - thanks for the question - it's a good one :)

The official pre-rally will be held at the same venue as the actual rally. We will camp on sites that are temp water/power only. Come rally time, some will relocate to their actually rally sites, while others will stay as their actual rally site will remain on the temp water/power sites.

Now, if we really undersell the rally (<200 rigs), we may not need the temp water/power sites. Meaning, everyone would relocate.

Hope this helps.

shovelguy
01-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi Erika,

Sorry that I was not clearer on this. I tweaked post one a bit tonight and let me fully clarify here. Also - thanks for the question - it's a good one :)

The official pre-rally will be held at the same venue as the actual rally. We will camp on sites that are temp water/power only. Come rally time, some will relocate to their actually rally sites, while others will stay as their actual rally site will remain on the temp water/power sites.

Now, if we really undersell the rally (<200 rigs), we may not need the temp water/power sites. Meaning, everyone would relocate.

Hope this helps.So, Jim, we can go about four days without dumping. I assume there is a dump station and I also assume that those remaining in the water/power only sites will do so because they have elected to be in that kind of site. Right?

jbeletti
01-18-2013, 09:32 PM
So, Jim, we can go about four days without dumping. I assume there is a dump station and I also assume that those remaining in the water/power only sites will do so because they have elected to be in that kind of site. Right?

Dean and Jodi - yes, there are dump stations. 11 of them I think. Those remaining in water/power only sites will be those who registered the latest. FHU sites will be allocated on a first registered basis.

shovelguy
01-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks Jim. Will we be hearing any time soon to register?

jbeletti
06-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Hey Pre-Rally Attendees,

If you plan to arrive prior to 6 pm, Friday, June 14th, Heartland has just given me something fun to add. A Pig Pickn'!

Yup, pulled-pork, sides and drinks for 200 people will be served at the Nelson's Pavilion on Locust Street within the Fairgrounds.

Those who are on Pre-Rally Tour 2 - Amish Countryside will be back in plenty of time to join us for some pig! No cooking tonight!

Click here (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2013/2013_pre-rally_pig_pickn.pdf) to see the flyer. This flyer will be in the rally packets for those attending the Pre-Rally.

Jim

klindgren
06-06-2013, 06:04 AM
SUPER!!!! Thanks Heartland!!!

jnbhobe
06-06-2013, 06:11 AM
SUPER!!!! Thanks Heartland!!!

YES!! Thank You Jim & Heartland.

happykraut
06-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Thank you Heartland. I'll be there to pig out.

2psnapod1
06-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Sounds fun! Pig pickin'! Love it!

convert
06-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Sounds like there will be a LOT of piggin out, Like a contest. Right Bernie?? See you at the table.

Flying Dutchman
06-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Count us in!! This is going to be some pre-rally and rally, I better pull out my suspenders as the belt will definitely have to be let out.:eek:

Nabo
06-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Gosh - it sure does sound like there's more events before the rally than during the rally.

cdbMidland
06-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Hope we make it in time.

Ray LeTourneau
06-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Gosh - it sure does sound like there's more events before the rally than during the rally.
True enough but for us it seems we never have enough time to "see the sights" during the normal rally days. We're not going to do many of the pre rally activities. Instead, we'll head out on our own to do all the things we don't normally have or take time for.
Flea Markets, specialty shops, RV surplus etc.

JJnVA
06-07-2013, 07:44 AM
WOO HOO! Thank you Jim and Heartland for providing yet another opportunity for us Heartland owners to break bread together and share stories and laughter....and its one less meal for us to have to plan. We LOVE Heartland! We arrive Tuesday 11th to experience it all.

shovelguy
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
WOO HOO! Thank you Jim and Heartland for providing yet another opportunity for us Heartland owners to break bread together and share stories and laughter....and its one less meal for us to have to plan. We LOVE Heartland! We arrive Tuesday 11th to experience it all.

AMEN to this. We will be there the 13th, just in time.

jbeletti
06-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Hey Pre-Rally Attendees,

Some of us are heading over to Shipshewana in the morning (Wednesday the 12th). Nothing really organized.

Nancy, Nathan and I plan to:
- Visit the Menno-Hof
- Visit the Flea Market
- Maybe have lunch at The Bluegate Restaurant
- Get some meat at Yoders Meats
- Look around at E&S Sales (aka the bulk store)

Here's a link to some Shipshewana things to do/see (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2013/shipshewana.pdf)

Maybe see you there!

jbeletti
06-11-2013, 10:07 PM
As of tonight - day 1 of the Pre-Rally, there are 46 rigs here.

happykraut
06-12-2013, 05:42 AM
You got it Reggie. But remember, it's all about the camaraderie. LOL. See you soon.

klindgren
06-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Hey Pre-Rally Attendees, Some of us are heading over to Shipshewana in the morning (Wednesday the 12th). Nothing really organized. Nancy, Nathan and I plan to: - Visit the Menno-Hof - Visit the Flea Market - Maybe have lunch at The Bluegate Restaurant - Get some meat at Yoders Meats - Look around at E&S Sales (aka the bulk store) Here's a link to some Shipshewana things to do/see (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2013/shipshewana.pdf) Maybe see you there!
Jim,
Carol and I are already here in Shipshewana. We are camped near the flea market. Love to join you all for lunch is you have a time you plan on being there
Keith

jbeletti
06-12-2013, 06:30 AM
Jim,
Carol and I are already here in Shipshewana. We are camped near the flea market. Love to join you all for lunch is you have a time you plan on being there
Keith

Sounds good Keith - maybe around noonish? My cell is 574-333-1153.

jbeletti
06-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Well, it looks like we'll have a warm/humid day without rain until around 2pm today - then the rains begin.

Based on that, Nancy and I are changing up our personal Shipshewana plan as follows:

Nancy, Nathan and I plan to:
- Visit the Flea Market
- Maybe have lunch at The Bluegate Restaurant
- Visit the Menno-Hof > Take your club badge to get the group rate of $5.50
- Davis Mercantile
- Get some meat at Yoders Meats - their bacon is really good!
- Look around at E&S Sales (aka the bulk store)

Today's Shipshewana forecast (link (http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Shipshewana+IN+USIN0614:1:US?pagenum=1&nextbeginIndex=0))

jimpav
06-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Found..........small white male cat. Very young about 18" long with slight smudge on head and tail. We have him in our trailer but do not have any kitten food. If anyone has lost this cat call 616-566-4164. If anyone has any kitten food we can have until we can get to town to buy some,please let us know.
WE are in the Eagle Ridge at site SO210. thanks
Jim And Claudia

jbeletti
06-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Found..........small white male cat. Very young about 18" long with slight smudge on head and tail. We have him in our trailer but do not have any kitten food. If anyone has lost this cat call 616-566-4164. If anyone has any kitten food we can have until we can get to town to buy some,please let us know.
WE are in the Eagle Ridge at site SO210. thanks
Jim And Claudia

Looks like Clarence/Franklin/Harley migrated south :)

Jim - this kitten was hanging out up here on Harley Hill the past week. Had many potential adoptive parents but in the end - no takers. There's a Mama (barn) cat up here by Harley's barn - probably the mom to the kitty.

Jim

jimpav
06-14-2013, 10:22 AM
ok....I think he's found a taker!!! He refuses to leave our site and is now comfortably resting on our bed, quite content.
AS we recently had to put down our cat of 12 years, I think this kitten found a new home. We will buy some food and litter today. We will still let him explore the rally and the friends he's made. Unless someone "claims" him, we will take him back to a nice home in Holland. Please, all rally goers be careful not to run him over as he bids his farewell during the week.
Jim and Claudia

jbeletti
06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
I just have to say WOW! to yesterday's Pre-Rally Tour 1. What a great day. Kelly put some pics in a great blog post here (http://rvthereyetchronicles.com/2013/06/13/morryde-studebakers-pedal-cars-elcars-military-vehicles/?fb_source=pubv1).

jbeletti
06-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey Goshen Pre-Rally attendees - don't forget dinner tonight. We're having a Pig Pickn' under the Nelson's Pavilion here at the Fairgrounds. It's near the center of the venue near the clock tower.

Food, drink and table service is provided by Heartland RVs. All you need to being is your appetite and a smile :)

There are picnic tables there though some may want to sit on their own camping chairs - so bring some if you want to. Adult beverages are on you too.

See you at 6pm!

klindgren
06-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Hey Goshen Pre-Rally attendees - don't forget dinner tonight. We're having a Pig Pickn' under the Nelson's Pavilion here at the Fairgrounds. It's near the center of the venue near the clock tower.

Food, drink and table service is provided by Heartland RVs. All you need to being is your appetite and a smile :)

There are picnic tables there though some may want to sit on their own camping chairs - so bring some if you want to. Adult beverages are on you too.

See you at 6pm!
Great Dinner Jim. You all done gooder.

neilandnanci
06-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Dinner and company was great! Thanks Jim and Heartland

jbeletti
06-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Dinner and company was great! Thanks Jim and Heartland

Great Dinner Jim. You all done gooder.

Thanks guys.

My apologies to the 15 or so that did not get any food (my wife included). Caterer says he brought food for 200. By my count, we had just short of that many people.

jbeletti
06-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I understand from the 80+ that went on 2 buses for the Amish Countryside - that a great time was had and the step-on tour guides did a great job as well.

Hockster
06-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Amish Countryside trip was fun and the food great.
The Pig Pickn' food was great also, sad to hear food was short though.
Great pre-rally, making new friends by the trailer load.
Thank you Jim Beletti and Heartland for everything you have done, and will do to make this a fun rally.

Hockster

Nabo
06-15-2013, 08:07 AM
5 rigs (nabo, jejinks, ncc1701e, superduty & ssron) are on the road arriving early afternoon Saturday to join in the fun. Can't wait to see everyone. Kevin watch out.

TXTiger
06-15-2013, 08:08 AM
5 rigs (nabo, jejinks, ncc1701e, superduty & ssron) are on the road arriving early afternoon Saturday to join in the fun. Can't wait to see everyone.

See you soon

kakampers
06-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Byrd....think we are just ahead of you on the road...just passed thru Louisville. Should be there around 2...

jbeletti
06-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Mega Move Day and Amish Dinner - Saturday, June 15

Yesterday (Saturday) was Move Day for dozens of coaches. We moved from temporary sites to our rally sites, once the previous rally vacated their sites in our area. Kevin W orchestrated this ver well and his parking assistants did fantastic.

172 of us showed up at 6 pm at two different Amish homes (Miller's and Yoder's) for dinner. Yum!

Get Kelly's perspective here:
http://rvthereyetchronicles.com/2013/06/15/5204