What tires do you recommend for an Elkridge 28STRE

CeeCee

We're looking to replace our Tow Max tires. It's a shame because our trailer isn't even 1Yr.. old but after reading about all the blowouts we want to be safe rather than sorry. What tires do you all recommend for an Elkridge 28STRE? Your input is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ceecee,

We put Maxxis 8008's on our ElkRidge. We had problems with one TowMax before our 1 yr, and others 3mo later. Check the mfg date on your tires, they may be older than you think!

We have 18k on the Maxxis and they still look good. For these wheels, you have to stay with an 80psi max tire. For the weight, I think the Maxxis is fine. Others may recommend Goodyear G614s, but I think the Maxxis will serve you well. We are not as heavy as the "Big-uns".

We also invested in a TPMS system so we can monitor tire temp and pressure going down the highway. Adds another layer of peace of mind.

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

You may not have any tire trouble due to the lighter weight of your rig. But, if it was mine I would fit it with either a set of Maxxis or a set of good old American made LT tires. Pick your favorite brand. I use LT tires and have had excellent results. There will never be another ST tire on my rig..Don

CeeCee

Thanks everyone . That's just the info. I was looking for. That's why this is a great website because of people like you!

CeeCee

Sorry, I meant to put 1yr. not 1hr. (age of RV). I edited it & corrected it. I will be looking into the Maxxis for sure.

Dan50

While in Florida for Christmas I replaced the new China bombs with BFGoodrich Commercial TA's. Lt 235/85/16. Liking them so far.

Last edited:

dbbls59

I too would go with LT tires. I have use BFG Commercial TA's before and was quit satisfied with them.