tow max revisited

1231ChaseB

Well after losing a tire on the way to Fl. this year and doing 2000 dollar's damage to the side of the 2010 Cyclone we had a great time in Fl. We started home in March and i lost another one in Ga. and this time the TPMS saved me ! While getting this tire replaced the tire guy showed me another tire that was getting ready to come apart so i just told him to replace the 5 remaining tire's ! Tire trouble away from home is a miserable experience ! Bad thing is i had to buy what they sold , which was Carlisle , so i still have Chinese tire's to deal with ! When i replaced the first tire in Fl. i asked the guy about an american tire and he looked at me like i was crazy ! So that tire i bought from him was a Goodyear that i guess is also Chinese ! This tire thing is a sad state of affairs in the good ol USA !
chaseb

FiremanBill

It's not just the Chinese tires... On my old trail Vision about 3 years ago I had three blowouts on one trip back from Raleigh NC. blew the first and not 10 minutes later the second. We were stranded at that point in Spring Hope NC on a Sunday night at about 7pm when this really nice lady offered up one of the tires of her old camper if it would fit. It did and we were on our way due to that miracle. Just about an hour away from home that one blew out too...

These were all Goodyear Marathons.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
My brother in law has goodyear marathons made in Canada. They are about 7 or 8 years old and look great! Has about 10,000 miles on them.

danemayer

All tires have a life of 5-7 years maximum from date of manufacture no matter how they look. The rubber deteriorates over time.

1231ChaseB

I saw something in Trailer Life that maybe 7 years don't count anymore ! I thought it said 10 or 12 thousand mile's instead ! I probably read it wrong ! I'd sure hate to have to buy 6 new tire's every couple year's ! By the way my tire's , that came apart , looked like they we're new ! This beast is alway's parked inside when not in use also !
chaseb