Right legs "leak", left legs a no go

NYSUPstater

Went to raise the left side of coach so I could grease things w/ the 2 left legs (6pt level up) and display said it was outta level so it wouldn't lower the legs any. Truck was attached. So I said, "let's do the right side then". Right legs went down w/ no problem EXCEPT after I got the wheels off the ground, they "leaked" and subsequently tires went back onto the ground. Did manage to get it greased, but had to work fast. Funny thing is tho, if all 6 legs are deployed, it doesn't go outta level. As for the left side, broke out the bottle jack and "got 'er done". Lowered left side, and front legs, unhooked truck and then re-did the auto level and it did it's thing.

So what it the issue(s)? Oil seems ok in tank. Driveway I don't think has gone outta level that much as I did this before w/o a prob.

Side note. On the control panel in smaller print it reads : "Do not use to change tire or any undercarriage work". I get the undercarriage work part as steps should be taken w/ HD jack stands od wood to prevent it from coming down on ya. But for changing a tire? What would be so different if the 6pt had all the wheels off the ground at a campsite?

jmarnell

I've read before that several years ago Lippert actually wrote in their instructions that you could use the level up jacks to change a tire. But they changed that to the warning you see now due to legal implications. Basically they were afraid of liability if something went wrong. That being said, when we needed new tires I used the system in manual mode to raise the entire rig high enough to lift all 6 tires off the ground, removed all the tires and took them to the dealer to get replaced, then returned later and remounted the tires. Didn't have any issues. I realize I probably should have used blocks or jack stands to support the rig while the tires were off, but the rig didn't budge at all with all the wheels removed. I would never work underneath the rig without supporting the frame, but I figured changing the tires would be okay.

Sorry I don't have any brilliant thoughts on the issue you were having. I haven't experienced that particular problem.

Bob.jr

I think it's called C.Y.A. it keeps them from lawsuits.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Likely a small piece of dirt in the Hydac valve for that side of the leveling system

I would have cycled all the jacks a few times to clear it. It’s happening to me

Recently had drifting issues with the front jacks and had the off door one rebuilt. While it was in the shop I decided to replace all the ATF. A lot of dirt settled after I let the last quart or so sit

Attachments

• IMG_7837.jpeg
    IMG_7837.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

wdk450

Has anyone ever added a hydraulic fluid filter to the system?? It would seem this is something neglected in the design and build of hydraulic systems by Lippert.