We Have a (un)Screwy Vent

EandJ

in our bathroom. Seems to open itself up while traveling. My wife noticed it on Saturday when we got to the campground - she came out and said she didn't remember leaving the vent open before we left.

Then yesterday, when we were home and had finished cleaning out the trailer, a storm started coming through. I went out to make sure all windows and doors were shut and noticed the bathroom vent was all the way open again. I mentioned it and she swore it was closed before we left the campground.

So, in about an hour's drive, the vibrations apparently cause the bathroom vent to unscrew? It's the factory vent. Is there a way to stop this? Does this happen to anybody else?

brianharrison

Yes, I have had the manual handcrank vents open up while travelling. Airflow over the top of the unit while travelling will suck up the lid, slowly opening while travelling. Three ways I have resolved this in the past, 1. turn it down tightly before you travel, failing that 2. use a method to prevent handle from turning while travelling (I used a long twist tie in one trailer), and failing both of those 3. add a Vent cover to the top, like a MaxxAir cover.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Edit - This is all that you would need over the bathroom vent, Link to standard MaxxAir vent cover. Note if you upgrade or have a fantastic fan on your other vents, you would use a different style of cover over those.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Second the MaxxAir cover. Would not be without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EandJ

Thanks. Guess I have something else to add to the list of stuff to get. Have to space it out - can only afford one upgrade a month or so. I'll try the long twist-tie till we get around to a new vent cover.