Eternabond tape

pitch black

Wanting to know if anyone has taped a 09 5er, on the back of mine, they are a track that has screws with chalk over them, wanting to know what to do in this area, cover the whole track with tape, or just the sides of track, wish I could post pics but cannot, thanks

Snow

I had to do my 2013 BC both front and back it had about a 4"-8" crack where the caulk had separated from the caps I used a 4 " piece and covered the seam compleatly I haven't had a leak yet GREAT stuff ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

brianharrison

Sounds like these are the seams where the caps (front and back) attach to the roof. I would not tape them with eternabond, but I would clean up the old caulking and reseal with a new bead of Dicor self leveling caulk make especially for this purpose. Use generously. Probably a tube for each seam.

You can purchase the self leveling Dicor caulk at most RV stores - link to Camping world, etc.

Brian

ChangingPlaces

I have used Eternabond on our front, back caps and also on the top of the slides, with the eternabond going up the back of the fascia. Since I have done this, there has not been any signs of any leaks at all.
I would recommend doing this from new, as it is perventitive maintenance.