ATF: Landmark - Slides & Levelup Quit

mrmorris

In the middle of hooking up to go to Glacier Park from North Dakota the levelup system quit in the middle of raising the jacks & the slide outs don't work either . The controller for the jacks does not come on . I am in the middle of nowhere & cant even use the camper until this is resolved as the slides are all the way in & cant get hooked up to the truck ! I have checked the fuses & breakers , the battery is fully charged . Any suggestions as to what might be the problem ?

brianharrison

There is a auto reset fuse on the Buss bar that may have crapped out. Check voltage on bus's bar if you have a test light or volt ohm meter.

There is a 10 A fuse on my hydraulic pump right at the pump. This is not for the main pump feed but "I think" it protects the switch feed wires?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376152720.355817.jpg

mrmorris

I have checked the fuses & they all are good ! Why would there be no power to the levelup panel and the slides as they have separate switches ?

brianharrison

Here is a picture of my buss bar. It is located above my batteries in the battery compartment.

The lower left heavy gauge wire is the 12v feed. The solid copper bar (buss bar) carrys the 12v feed to all of the mini breakers (black). The upper connections are the circuits to devices. The heavy gauge wire second from right feeds my hydraulic pump.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376156828.593430.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Look for something like these near your battery. The small red things are buss breakers and may have very small buttons on the end. You may have to lift the red rubber cover to get at it. Press to reset.

View attachment 25873

brianharrison

One thing to try. Hook up the 7 way plug from the truck (get the truck close) and with the truck running see if the hydraulic pump works.

You say you are in the middle of nowhere, not sure if you have shore power, and sometimes a battery does not have enough reserve capacity to drive the high amp pump if it is weak. It may read good but not have enough capacity.

brianharrison

I have checked the fuses & they all are good ! Why would there be no power to the levelup panel and the slides as they have separate switches ?

They may both take 12v feed from the same circuit. I do not have a level up system but I know now the 12 v power feeding my front landing gear switch comes from the 12v 10a blade fuse in my first picture and post. Pulling it out (simulating a blown fuse) prevents power from getting to the Landing gear switch and the hydraulic pump does not run.

Brian

danemayer

Hi mrmorris,

1st question: are the other 12V systems working correctly? That would include interior and exterior lights, furnace, refrigerator in LP mode. (assuming no shore power, if these are working, your 12V manual-reset circuit breaker is ok and the battery has enough charge for the levelup panel to display menu choices - but maybe not enough to operate the hydraulics).

2nd question: if you connect to the truck and start the engine, does your levelup control panel work? (If the control panel shows the menu when connected to the truck, it's working, but you have a problem getting battery power to the levelup brain).

As someone mentioned, there is a 10amp fuse in the wiring harness to the pump.

Btw, we have a 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide that explains the buss bar and 12V circuit breakers (which are different from the fuses inside the coach, and the 110V circuit breakers inside the coach).

If the levelup system has an electrical or electronic failure, you may have to operate the pump and valves manually to hitch up and get going.
The manual override procedure is in this document. Control valve locations may vary.

ed47

I have a 2013 landmark san Antonio my level quit this las week when I was cleaning and found out it was the small reset button its on the left side can hardly see it

DougAndJudy

I also have an early 2013 Landmark that quit similarly. I found an in-line fuse in the front compartment hade blown. I used one of the spare 15A fuses from inside to get going again. When you open the front compartment, look for a thick red wire with a black blob attached to it. Open the blob up and the fuse is inside. Good luck!

bdb2047

On ours the 50a breaker on buss bar feeds the pump and the fuse at pump goes to level up control panel. If fuse is blown level up will not work but slides do. Also at Goshen when Lippert did hyd oil tech said they recommend a 80a breaker for pump. I changed mine and it made difference in voltage reading at level up control

mrmorris

Thank You for all the replies , it's nice to know if something like this happens there is somewhere to go ! After a little searching I realized what the "buss bar" was (duh) and low and behold it was the reset button on it (no idea it was even there) ! Had a great time in Glacier Park except for the fact that the only animals we laid eyes on were 2 squirl's & a pair of cyotes ! Thanks again everyone !