6 pt Level up moving front landing gear instead of slides

mlaspina

Hi - just had some repairs done on my 2017 Torque 365 with the level up - among other work, they replaced both front jacks due to a hitch giving way and dropping it at 20mph.

Everything seemed fine when I picked it up (but only the front landing gear was down), but noticed the auto leveling seemed to be haywire. I spent a couple of hours today on it and re-set the level via the 10front/10back sequence, but no luck. When I try to retract the slides, the front jacks start retracting - was a bit freaky from inside the coach. After the front gear fully retract (and the coach is waaaay nose down), the slides do eventually retract.

In fact, the front jacks move when pressing 'back' in manual mode as well. On most tries, the rear jacks don't even make it to the ground when using the auto level. I've been able to manually level it after playing around with it, but it's not easy when you can't move the rears independently. Strangely enough, pressing front, left, or right in manual mode DOES seem to do the right thing.

I checked the rats nest of wiring and connections and all seems to be good. Battery voltage is fine, and the same thing happens with the generator running as well. Fluid level is about 1/3 of the bottle with all jacks extended - I ran out of time before checking it with everything retracted though.

My best guess is some sort of valve solenoid problem. Anyone have any advice on how to determine what the problem is? Would low fluid or air in the lines cause this strangeness?

We have a trip planned for Wed morning, so I'll have to cancel if I need to take this thing back into the shop.

Thanks!

mlaspina

Thanks for the info Dan and Ann!

Unfortunately all 3 of the adjustable solenoids were not in the override position. The 4th one, on the lower right corner of the manifold is quite loose and actually leaked some fluid. It does not apoear to be adjustable as it has a plug directly in the back of the solenoid where the allen screw is on the ither 3. I THINK that one is for the slides, but not totally sure.

In any case, we are changing our plans, an I will call the shop and make them send out a mobile tech as Im not comfortable with going full nose down to retract my slides.