necessary to rotate G614's ???

Bobby A

Getting ready to utilize the level up and take all 4 G614's off and have them all rebalanced and was wondering if its necessary to rotate ?? and what would the pattern be to rotate ?? I do have a little tire dust on the outside of my 2 door side tires when traveling. I've had Lippert check it a couple times recently and Jerry says that is normal wear do to the coach being heavier on the off door side. Well, just wondering if there is anything I should do since I will have the tires off anyway. Just trying to be a little pro active as we are prepairing for our 1200 mile journey south. Thanks in advance, Bobby A

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have our tires rotated and balanced every spring by the tire store. They also check the sidewalls for any cracking which could cause tire failure.
We also have the Correct Track installed and have the axle alignments rechecked. Tire store says if it's on the road, yes they should be checked at least annually.

dbbls59

Since you have the wheels off, I would rotate them. If they are wearing even and no one tire shows excess wear anywhere, there would be no need to rotate. Normally tires are rotated front tires to back, and back tires to the front opposite side. What ever pattern they are rotated, do it the same every time. Trailer tires generally time out (7 years) before the tread is gone.

Bobby A

Since you have the wheels off, I would rotate them. If they are wearing even and no one tire shows excess wear anywhere, there would be no need to rotate. Normally tires are rotated front tires to back, and back tires to the front opposite side. What ever pattern they are rotated, do it the same every time. Trailer tires generally time out (7 years) before the tread is gone.

Wow, I do appreciate everyone's opinion, but I wasn't expecting to get different opinions, I figured there was a right way and a wrong way to rotate. Now I am really confused. Maybe I should call Goodyear.

Bobby A

Well, I just got off the phone with Goodyear after several different phone numbers to call to get to the right place. They said that the G614 tires are non directional to rotate in a X pattern, right rear to left front, left front to right rear, left rear to right front. right front to left rear. Just figured I would throw that out there for anyone that are as confused as I was. That info right from Goodyear.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I have to add a little more confusion to the mix.
I am surprised that Goodyear said they are non directional.
If you look at the sipes, they do have a directional look. A 'V' pattern similar to a farm tractor tire.
I have mine oriented as directional and will not rotate them.

Peace
Dave

scottyb

I assume they will do it differently if the customer request, but Discount Tire has always rotated Rear to Front, and Front crisscrossed to Rear. I do the same on my 3-axle. Everything moves forward and the front crisscrossed to the back.

Grey Ghost

I'm putting new Michelin LTX m/s 2 235/85/R16s on my Greystone after blowing the right side front Power King Towmax and then effectively rendering the same side rear tire useless. Also tore up the right side wheel well pretty good. Dealing with Dynamic Tire Company now regarding this issue.

Anyhow, the reason I'm jumping in on this thread is I was told by the consultant at Discount Tire you really don't have to rotate the tires unless you are seeing some wear problems. As long as the alinement is correct you shouldn't have to rotate the tires. That is at least what they were recommending. By the way, anyone have any experience with the Michelin LTX M/S2 tire?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm putting new Michelin LTX m/s 2 235/85/R16s on my Greystone. By the way, anyone have any experience with the Michelin LTX M/S2 tire?

I would check the weight ratings of the tires...

I had those tires on my Toyota RAV4. Seemed to wear quicker than I liked.

I can recommend Maxxis, an ST tire, but have held up great in 25+k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Since I no longer have G614's, I can't verify what Cookie said. Our Goodyear dealer did not mention that when they rotated ours though.:confused: