replacement mounting brackets for plaque

shovelguy

We broke the mounting brackets on our plaque and the dh is wanting to know if we can get replacements. The plaque is just fine but we can no longer mount it to our ladder. Help.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
How does one mount the plaque if the trailer doesn't have a ladder?

My plaque is on the way as we speak (type)!

wdk450

You know, when you are in a park or at a rally, usually the rear of your trailer with the plaque is not visible to passers by. It would be neat to have some sort of plaque front mount option for these times.

JohnD

We got our package last week and I did apparently choose the wall mount.

It has what looks like double-sided tape to stick it to the outside wall, however I don't think this would hold very long in the wind and outside elements it would experience here in Colorado and the surrounding states we plan to visit.

Anyone had any luck with the stick-on tape?

It also has screw mount holes in it, although I'm not sure I'm willing to drill holes into the side of my trailer.

I'm trying to come up with some other mounting options . . . any ideas?

Also . . . any pics would be welcome . . .

jbeletti

John,

I haven't heard of anyone losing a flat-mount but if you want some extreme hold, at an auto parts store, buy some 3M Trim Tape. Holds really well. Clean both surfaces first and apply in semi-warm conditions.

JohnD

The tape does have 'VHB' on it.

Perhaps I will try it, although I am worried about loosing it while on the road!

I'm also thinking about suction cups and sticking it to a window or one of the cubby doors when parked.

Next question . . .

What is the best location to mount it?

By one of the entrance doors . . . on the front or rear of the trailer . . . on the drivers side so it can be seen while on the road?