New Towing Rig

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well we went and did it. Did not trust the '08 with the rebuilt engine so we had been shopping for past week. Well today we pulled trigger on a 2014 f350 FX4 drw in kodiack brown and tan two tone with tan leather. Loaded with ultimate lariat package. Did not last very long not having a note but it is less than last one and we will pay off fast. Will post pics after they detail it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

Re: New Rig

Same truck we have only we have the srw. It is definitely a head turner. I keep saying that I think the truck will make me coffee if I just find the right button for it. Love it!

HornedToad

What kind of weapon systems did HQ install with the ultimate lariat package???
All Ms. Moneypenny would approve for my XL was a squirt gun.

Enjoy your new truck!!!

jassson007

What kind of weapon systems did HQ install with the ultimate lariat package???
All Ms. Moneypenny would approve for my XL was a squirt gun.

Enjoy your new truck!!!

It is loaded with everything. But package had nav, tailgate step, bed liner and remote start. We are excited about it. Now have to get my b&w switched over as I did not get hitch prep. Figured my hitch with less than a year towing was still good to go no use buying a new hitch too lol.

SailorDon

Well we went and did it. Did not trust the '08 with the rebuilt engine.............
I'm sure you made the right choice. When the rebuilt engine started blowing white smoke, you know something ain't right.
Time to trade it in.

Post some photos of your new rig when you get it detailed. :)

pegmikef

Congrats on the new TV. Excellent choice. I have basically the same truck and it is always getting compliments. Drives and pulls like a dream too. I did add a couple of goodies (aux fuel tank and air bags) which I think makes it even nicer.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Well we went and did it. Did not trust the '08 with the rebuilt engine so we had been shopping for past week. Well today we pulled trigger on a 2014 f350 FX4 drw in kodiack brown and tan two tone with tan leather. Loaded with ultimate lariat package. Did not last very long not having a note but it is less than last one and we will pay off fast. Will post pics after they detail it for me.

Now not only do we both travel with two wieners, but we have the same truck (yours is just a couple of years newer). :angel:

jassson007

I'm sure you made the right choice. When the rebuilt engine started blowing white smoke, you know something ain't right.
Time to trade it in.

Post some photos of your new rig when you get it detailed. :)

i will post some tomorrow. Got a 9am appointment for dealer to detail it for me. Will go take some nice ones afterwards. :eek:

jassson007

Congrats on the new TV. Excellent choice. I have basically the same truck and it is always getting compliments. Drives and pulls like a dream too. I did add a couple of goodies (aux fuel tank and air bags) which I think makes it even nicer.

I can't wait to see what it will do with the BC in tow. Already getting 14 mpg with only 75 miles on it. The '08 would only get that in town if it was babied. Lol

pegmikef

I can't wait to see what it will do with the BC in tow. Already getting 14 mpg with only 75 miles on it. The '08 would only get that in town if it was babied. Lol

Dependent on the wind and terrain in 3,240 towing miles I have been ranging from a 11 to just over 14 (strong tail wind) mpg. I have just a little over 5 k miles on the truck.

jassson007

Dependent on the wind and terrain in 3,240 towing miles I have been ranging from a 11 to just over 14 (strong tail wind) mpg. I have just a little over 5 k miles on the truck.

That will be better than the 7-9 I was getting with the 6.4. Still got couple hundred miles before I hook up to it to get it broken in. Also still have to get my hitch out I since we didn't get factory prep. Was trying to save some but will need new b&w gn as the one on my '08 won't work wish the '14 due to different frame rails.

pegmikef

That will be better than the 7-9 I was getting with the 6.4. Still got couple hundred miles before I hook up to it to get it broken in. Also still have to get my hitch out I since we didn't get factory prep. Was trying to save some but will need new b&w gn as the one on my '08 won't work wish the '14 due to different frame rails.

Both the 6.7 diesel Fords I have had specified 500 miles before towing anything.

jassson007

Both the 6.7 diesel Fords I have had specified 500 miles before towing anything.

Yep that's what I read last night. Going through all the manuals. Got 100 on it so far. Lol.

dbbls59

I get between 11 and 12 MPG towing a BC like yours. Speed makes a big difference in the mileage and I drive between 60 and 65.

jassson007

Well here it is, gonna look good with my BC...

ezapu2u8.jpg
qe5udara.jpg
yty4y3u5.jpg
ypede3a2.jpg
emy6agas.jpg
geje7u9u.jpg
qema3e4a.jpg

wildwolfproducts

I'm sorry and hope this does not hurt your feeling. But man you messed up big time. That truck will never pull the camper. You will be lucky if it will even put its self with the hitch mounted. Plus its so ugly.
So just send it my way and I will suffer through the hardship for you. And will not even change you for all my trouble's.

Now I can't see laptop screen, Drooling :p all over it looking at the pics of that great looking truck. Enjoy and looking forward to hearing a review on it after you get hooked up . And put some miles on that truck.
Pete