ATF: Landmark - longer antenna wire

bob34787

I have an f350 crewcab long box and the antenna wire for my tire pressure monitor stops at the rear wheels , the monitor will only read the one side since I only have enough cable to reach the passenger side. also why is there so much rust under my new San Antonio?

GlenStMary

If you have the factory provided TPMS from Valor, call the Valor customer service department and ask them to send you a cable extension. I had the same problem and they sent me an expedited cable extension which allowed me to mount the antenna on the underside of my rear hitch. Works like a charm. As for the rust, I had the same thing on our Key Largo, and we purchased it in May. Since our coach was actually built in February I assume the frame sat outside in the Indiana snow and weather prior to the coach being built. The first thing I did when we got it home was to slide underneath and repaint all of the exposed frame with a good quality, black, paint.

bob34787

thank you will call them on Monday, on the other matter, it is a shame that a new RV needs to be repainted already, in my case I think it was transported in January and nobody at CampingWorld was smart enough to wash the salt off, as I live in Florida I am not used to seeing such corrosion, some of the fender straps have actually rusted off.

John T Bettencourt

My Landmark was built in Feb.as I ordered it at the Tampa RV Show. I told the dealer up front that I did not want that trailer shipped in a snow storm. They agreed to my demand. What makes the frame rust is the salt that is being put on the roads. When I picked up the unit the frame still had nice paint on it. The trailer is now 5 yrs. old and still looks new underneath.

GlenStMary

I'm in Fl as well. We used to live at the beach so I am used to corrosion and rust. We moved from the beach, inland, to a farming environment and rust and corrosion is a way of life out here as well. All of my farm equipment looks almost as good as the day I purchased it because I usually repaint every few years. I guess I'm just used to repainting, so it wasn't a big deal. Just another chore to be done. Good luck on your travels...perhaps we'll see you at the Fl rally in a couple weeks.

bob34787

I am pretty much in the middle of the state and am not used to seeing rust on anything, unless it has a nothern license plate on it