PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Huachuca City - 10/16/2014 to 10/19/2014

Doublegranch
03-17-2014, 04:07 PM
2207 North Yucca Dr, Huachuca City, AZ 85616

Venue:
------------------------------

Quail Ridge RV Resort - 18 miles from Tombstone AZ
2207 North Yucca Dr
Huachuca City, AZ 85616
Linda 520 456 9301 Mon - Fri 9am-4pm
www.quailridgerv.co (http://www.quailridgerv.co)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: No
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 11
Site fee: $$16.00 @ night Full hook ups per night.
Club Member Event fee: none
Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/16/2014
Potluck time: 6:00 PM

Event Leader: Doublegranch(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=16020)

Additional Info:
AZ Chapter Inaugural Rally:

Quail Ridge RV Resort is located off Hwy 82 & Hwy 90. It is 18 miles from Tombstone, 8 miles from Kartchner Caverns, 10 miles from Fairbank Ghost Town on the San Pedro River, 12 miles from Sierra Vista and Ft. Huachuca.
The roads are all paved and the sites are all gravel pull through.
Book through Linda and she will take your credit card number BUT not run any charges on it until she sees the Whites of your Eyes. "Per her comment"

We have the Club House with full kitchen and BBQ reserved for our use as follows: Thur-6-10pm, Fri-7-9pm, Sat-7-10pm, Sun-7-10AM.

PotLuck: Thursday Oct 16th, the chapter will provide Veggie Lasagna and grilled chicken. Please post what you will bring for the pot luck so we won't have an overload on one item, also bring your beverage of choice.

Friday Oct 17th: Bring a gift valued between $10-15. We will have a Steal a Gift night. Each person or Rig that brings a gift will receive a ticket. Two people in one rig may bring one gift or two, they will receive a gift ticket for each gift they bring. We will pull a ticket for the first gift and that person will select from the Table of Gifts. The next ticket pulled, may select from the table or take the first persons gift, at which time that person will again select from the table. This will continue until the last person is drawn, in which case they have an option of any gift already selected or the final table gift. So you have to be honest and not hide your gift...everyone must be able to see all gifts during the "Steal". Bring your own beverage of choice, it will be a fun evening.

Sat: Oct 18th: Raffle and door prizes & 50/50 drawing.

Sun: Oct 19th: I will be cooking breakfast burritos before we all head back home.

Activities: Tombstone Helldorado Days will be going on during our Rally. The largest Old West gun fight in the State. Parades, shoot outs in the street, trolley rides, stagecoach rides and even an evening GHOST Ride via the Trolley.

Kartchner Caverns has daily tours and this is a super tour under ground. For reservations call 520 586 2283.

If enough interest, we will have a group lunch in Sierra Vista on Saturday. Tombstone will not accept large groups during Helldorado Days.

Stay tuned: More to come later.

Let me know when you book your reservation with Linda.

RSVP List:
1. Garry Gilbert - AZ 15...19
2. Ron & Cooke Moen - AZ 15----24th
3. Ann & Rick Haddock - AZ
4. Terry & June Rainwater - AZ
5. Bob & Marion Wengler - AZ Oct 14-19
6. Jim Arganbright - AZ
7 Jeanne Cox - AZ
8. Thomas & Holly Clemmer - AZ
9. Ralph & Tandy Fuller - TX
10. Don & Monica Ashby - CO Chapter Leader Oct 15-20
11. Bill & Nancy Kusar - AZ Oct 17 - 19
12. Greg & Denise Attaway - AZ
13. Mark & Michelle Kosanko - AZ
14. Larry & Jane Davidson - AZ
15. Mary & Phil Ochoa - CO

CXLD: Micha & Lynn Riemer , Bob & Kathy Pearce, Tom & Fran Hallock, Terry Matsunaga, Gary & Tawny Lamb, Ryan & Sandi Dougerty, Larry & Marilyn Gubbels
POT LUCK DINNER:
I am reposting your items on this main page, as some are having difficulty figuring out who is bringing what....

Main dish will be Grilled Chicken and veggie lasagna.
MrsFish.......home made ice cream & the fixings
gregattaway.....AZ's finest beans with the music
MTPockets.....fantastic Taco Salad
Monica & Don....Brownies....one batch with pecans and one without...
Ron & Cookie.....Baked beans...
Larry & Jane...Coyote Joe's Black Bean and corn salad with tortilla chips.
J Cox.....cheezy potatoes
Jim....cottage cheese salad

Ron-Cookie
03-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Cookie and I will be there..... Looking forward to our first Rally!

Doublegranch
03-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Ron & Cooke:

Hey Congrats.....Your first Rally! I am excited that it is with us!

Thanks and we are going to have a great time!
Garry

Mrsfish
03-17-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm excited to attend also. A portion of the state that I haven't spent a lot of time in.

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
03-17-2014, 11:09 PM
We will try to make it if we are back in the state by then. Three to five lb. lobsters sound good to us, or hamburgers.

Doublegranch
03-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Bob: You are getting easy these days..I would expect at least a 7 lb on order from you.
I will see what I can come up with....Marion said you would be back by Oct 6th...so we will
all be expecting your pretty face and a joke or two.

Garry

Doublegranch
03-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Just got a PM from Terry & June Rainwater. They are full time RVer's and I met them at the New Mexico Rally last year. Great people and they will be joining our Oct Rally.
They are both great entertainers and perhaps they will play and sing a few songs for us! Help me welcome them to our First AZ Chapter Rally.

Garry

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
03-27-2014, 04:32 PM
It will be fun put us down .

Doublegranch
03-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Bob & Marion:

Thanks for signing up! It will in deed be a great time.

Garry

Doublegranch
03-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Two more Rigs signed up for the Oct Rally today at the Phoenix Meet-n-Greet....thank Jim and thank you Jeanne....We are going to have a super time....Garry

Ron-Cookie
03-29-2014, 10:32 PM
October cannot come fast enough for the two of us!

Doublegranch
03-31-2014, 07:39 PM
Since this is our Inaugural Rally, I was thinking we should do something special.....ie The Two Crazy Ladies that make the Heartland Name tags and hangers can make us a special inaugural hanger... The cost of these hangers would be $3.50 each.
Let's bat this around and see what everyone would like to do.... My initial idea:
Rally 2014
Arizona Inaugural
This would be a two line hanger as a one line hanger is limited to 15 spaces, but a little larger print.....
Is this something that would interest you? This would be a one time printing and just for those who attended the Rally.
Since our Chapter fund isn't sufficient enough to cover the cost for now, would you be willing to purchase this item at the Rally?
This is just another idea and not to say we have to do it.....just putting it out there for food for thought....
Garry

jwcox
04-06-2014, 10:19 PM
I was happy to meet my fellow Heartland owners and look forward to attending the first AZ rally

3dognighttx
04-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Hello to everyone! We are new to the RV lifestyle. Just bought our rig, waiting delivery this month. We plan to follow the drag boat racing circuit, and in October there is a race in Lake Havasu City and Phoenix with two weeks in between. I saw this Rally online and I think it would be perfect for my husband and I and the dogs to attend! It will be our first! How do I sign up? We want to come and see and meet and greet! Do I call the RV camp? I'm a greenhorn so point the way!

Ralph and Tandy Fuller and the "kids" - Rowdy (pointer), Reba (vizsla) and Rocket (vizsla)
2014 Cyclone 4200
2013 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 4x4
6.7 l Cummins turbo diesel with aisin auto transmission
2010 Club Car golf cart (street legal)

Ron-Cookie
04-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Welcome 3dognighttx! Take a look at the Rally description and you will notice "Event Leader" and a place to "click to contact" Just click there and you will be responding to Garry the Arizona Chapter leader... He will take it from there! We are "nubies" as this will be our FIRST Rally as well...

Doublegranch
04-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Hello to everyone! We are new to the RV lifestyle. Just bought our rig, waiting delivery this month. We plan to follow the drag boat racing circuit, and in October there is a race in Lake Havasu City and Phoenix with two weeks in between. I saw this Rally online and I think it would be perfect for my husband and I and the dogs to attend! It will be our first! How do I sign up? We want to come and see and meet and greet! Do I call the RV camp? I'm a greenhorn so point the way!

Ralph and Tandy Fuller and the "kids" - Rowdy (pointer), Reba (vizsla) and Rocket (vizsla)
2014 Cyclone 4200
2013 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 4x4
6.7 l Cummins turbo diesel with aisin auto transmission
2010 Club Car golf cart (street legal)

[Ralph & Tandy: I will mark you down for two...Welcome, we are excited to be part of your FIRST RALLY!!! Garry]

Doublegranch
04-18-2014, 11:57 PM
We are unable to reserve a table in Tombstone for a Saturday lunch due to the Helldorado days. I will book something in Sierra Vista for that Saturday and post it on the Rally listing.

Had a nice lunch in Tombstone on Sunday after our Meet-n-Greet with Jeff and Ruth. After our lunch walking around, someone shot a 45 long colt "Blank" and unfortunately Dakota, my service dog about lost it.
It took her about 10 minutes or so to stop shaking. So just a warning if you take your dogs into Tombstone, you never know when gun fire will be active in the streets. A strong leash and gentle heart is required if they
are not use to gun fire.

Garry

Doublegranch
05-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Tom & Fran:

Thanks for the email on your RSVP. I have got you down and everyone is looking forward to meeting you both.

See you in Oct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garry

StarryNight
06-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Thank you Garry for letting Linda know we are coming:)
I spoke with her this morning...such a friendly lady:)
Don & I are looking forward to a great time!

Doublegranch
06-17-2014, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=monica-don;368251]Thank you Garry for letting Linda know we are coming:)I spoke with her this morning...such a friendly lady:)Don & I are looking forward to a great time![Excited to see our Heartland Family from Colo join us ! I promise the socks will not be part of this Rally....saving it for the next Colo Rally....]

MTPockets
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Don & Monica... It will be good to see you guys again. CO Springs was a fine time.

gregattaway
07-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Hello everyone,

I just sent the PM below to Doublegranch (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=16020) but I think it can go to all ...

We are not new to RV'n but we are new to toy haul'n and the Heartland brand ...
We bought a 2015 3110 that we still have to pick up from the dealer in TX but this looks like a GREAT opportunity to get get to know other owners and get the great suggestions I know you all will have ... thank you in advance ... Greg

(PM SENT)
Hello,

We are Greg and Denise and brand new Heartland owners ...

I came across this event while looking over the forums for other items ...

We had no idea there were and chapters or clubs for Heartland owners ...

We live in Pearce, AZ aka Sunzonia/Ash Creek in Cochise County ...

Any more info would be greatly appreciated !!!

thank you,
Greg

Doublegranch
07-02-2014, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=gregattaway;370971]Hello everyone,

I just sent the PM below to Doublegranch (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=16020) but I think it can go to all ...

We are not new to RV'n but we are new to toy haul'n and the Heartland brand ...
We bought a 2015 3110 that we still have to pick up from the dealer in TX but this looks like a GREAT opportunity to get get to know other owners and get the great suggestions I know you all will have ... thank you in advance ... Greg

(PM SENT)
Hello,

We are Greg and Denise and brand new Heartland owners ...

I came across this event while looking over the forums for other items ...

We had no idea there were and chapters or clubs for Heartland owners ...

We live in Pearce, AZ aka Sunzonia/Ash Creek in Cochise County ...

Any more info would be greatly appreciated !!!

thank you,
Greg

[Greg: THanks for the PM....I just responded to you. Also gave you my phone number and email should you want to discuss anything. All Heartland activities are always open to everyone and we would be honored to have you attend our Oct Rally. This will be our first Rally. Our Chapter was founded in mid Feb of this year, 2014. We are growing at a very nice pace and plan to have a number of events. ALso check out our second Rally in Jan at Quartzsite. You are not that far away from me, the ranch is located in Elgin, the wine capital of AZ. Drop me an email or your phone number and we can go into detail on anything you are requesting. Thanks for finding us and hope to see you at the Oct Rally....]

gregattaway
07-02-2014, 04:33 PM
got it Garry TY !!!

(fixed)

Doublegranch
07-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Mark & Michelle:

Got you all booked per our phone conversation....if you need to change from Thursday to Friday, just let me know....not a problem.
Looking forward to meeting you, Michelle and the kids in Oct.....

Garry

Kosanko
07-08-2014, 12:01 AM
thanks Garry

Doublegranch
07-20-2014, 12:54 PM
I just updated the pot luck dinner. The chapter will host Veggie Lasagna and grilled chicken. Start posting what compliment you will bring to the pot luck. Post you items under this thread so everyone will know.
We have some members who don't eat meat, some who don't eat red meat, so I went to two items, in hope of satisfying everyone. So if your dish has a meat item within, Please Please let everyone know!!!
I would hate to have members go into anaphylactic shock and require CPR on our Inaugural Rally....Or any Rally!!!!!!

Remember I will also be making breakfast burritos on Sunday morning before our departure and looking for an appetizer "snack" for our Steal a Gift Game Night....I am thinking about Jalapeno poppers since we have an oven to use in the club house. Your ideas are most welcome!

Can't wait to see everyone there and to meet our new members as well.

Feel free to bring any drink of choice as the cub house allows alcoholic beverages as well. There is also a nice freezer and refrigerator in the clubhouse in which you may store items during our Rally.

Oct is getting closer.....any last minute snow birds that would like to join us, let me know as I can expand the block of sites required to accommodate our Rally needs.

Doublegranch
07-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Greg & Denise Attaway, two of our newest members have just picked up their new 2015 Cyclone HD in Texas and heading back to AZ. They will be at the Oct Rally and this will be their first Rally in the new Trailer...Exciting times!

Doublegranch
07-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Group Lunch....If you are interested in having a group lunch on either Friday or Saturday, let me know. While we cannot book into Tombstone for a luncheon due to Helldorado days, Sierra Vista is only 10 miles the RV Resort and has a number of great places to eat. If you have any interest, post your desire. Once the size of the group is determined, I will make arrangements for whatever day will be available to our group. There are a number of activities going on during our Rally and many places of interest to visit, you can be as busy as you want or just lay back and enjoy, so don't feel pressured. This is just one more element being offered, should the interest be there. Can't wait to see everyone!

Kosanko
07-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Garry,

I would like to also mention the the Vineyards and Wine Tasting in Elgin & Sonoita with are less than 20 miles away down Hwy 82, Plus if anyone is bringing a motorcycle there is the Awesome ride west down hwy 82 to north hwy 83 to I-10 East to hwy 90 south. The entire "long block" is around 100 miles and is a beautiful ride in the fall.
2207 North Yucca Dr, Huachuca City, AZ 85616

Venue:

Quail Ridge RV Resort - 18 miles from Tombstone AZ
2207 North Yucca Dr
Huachuca City, AZ 85616
Linda 520 456 9301 Mon - Fri 9am-4pm
www.quailridgerv.co (http://www.quailridgerv.co)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: No
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 11
Site fee: $$16.00 @ night Full hook ups per night.
Club Member Event fee: none
Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/16/2014
Potluck time: 6:00 PM

Event Leader: Doublegranch(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=16020)

Additional Info:
AZ Chapter Inaugural Rally:

Quail Ridge RV Resort is located off Hwy 82 & Hwy 90. It is 18 miles from Tombstone, 8 miles from Kartchner Caverns, 10 miles from Fairbank Ghost Town on the San Pedro River, 12 miles from Sierra Vista and Ft. Huachuca.
The roads are all paved and the sites are all gravel pull through.
Book through Linda and she will take your credit card number BUT not run any charges on it until she sees the Whites of your Eyes. "Per her comment"

We have the Club House with full kitchen and BBQ reserved for our use as follows: Thur-6-10pm, Fri-7-9pm, Sat-7-10pm, Sun-7-10AM.

PotLuck: Thursday Oct 16th, the chapter will provide Veggie Lasagna and grilled chicken. Please post what you will bring for the pot luck so we won't have an overload on one item, also bring your beverage of choice.

Friday Oct 17th: Bring a gift valued between $10-15. We will have a Steal a Gift night. Each person or Rig that brings a gift will receive a ticket. Two people in one rig may bring one gift or two, they will receive a gift ticket for each gift they bring. We will pull a ticket for the first gift and that person will select from the Table of Gifts. The next ticket pulled, may select from the table or take the first persons gift, at which time that person will again select from the table. This will continue until the last person is drawn, in which case they have an option of any gift already selected or the final table gift. So you have to be honest and not hide your gift...everyone must be able to see all gifts during the "Steal". Bring your own beverage of choice, it will be a fun evening.

Sat: Oct 18th: Raffle and door prizes & 50/50 drawing.

Sun: Oct 19th: I will be cooking breakfast burritos before we all head back home.

Activities: Tombstone Helldorado Days will be going on during our Rally. The largest Old West gun fight in the State. Parades, shoot outs in the street, trolley rides, stagecoach rides and even an evening GHOST Ride via the Trolley.

Kartchner Caverns has daily tours and this is a super tour under ground. For reservations call 520 586 2283.

If enough interest, we will have a group lunch in Sierra Vista on Saturday. Tombstone will not accept large groups during Helldorado Days.

Stay tuned: More to come later.

Let me know when you book your reservation with Linda.

RSVP List:
1. Garry Gilbert - AZ
2. Ron & Cooke Moen - AZ
3. Ann & Rick Haddock - AZ
4. Terry & June Rainwater - AZ
5. Bob & Marion Wengler - AZ
6. Jim Arganbright - AZ
7 Jeanne Cox - AZ
8. Thomas & Holly Clemmer - AZ
9. Ralph & Tandy Fuller - TX
10. Micha & Lynn Riemer - AZ
11. Don & Monica Ashby - CO Chapter Leader Oct 15-20
12. Bob & Kathy Pearce - AZ
13. Bill & Nancy Kusar - AZ Oct 17 - 19
14. Greg & Denise Attaway - AZ
15. Ryan & Sandi Dougherty - AZ ??
16. Mark & Michelle Kosanko - AZ
17. Tom & Fran Hallock - AZ
Block has been extended.....keep the RSVP's rolling in....this is exciting times for our new Chapter.....

Doublegranch
07-27-2014, 10:52 AM
On Sept 1, 2014, I will close down the name list for our Oct Rally. I am doing this as I am having something made for each participant and need time to have this completed. These items will be made for each Heartland Member who attends our Rally. This will be a one time order and the chapter will not order any extras. If we have late bookings, we will obviously allow everyone to attend, but they may or may not receive the special gift, depending on how late they booked. I will send out an email to each participant to reconfirm your RSVP prior to the Sept 1 cut off. Our Rally is getting closer!!! Can't wait to meet all the new faces in our Chapter and out of state guests. So far we have guests from Colorado and Texas on our RSVP list.

With a month left of our summer, may everyone enjoy your travels and remain safe!

See you in Oct....

MTPockets
07-27-2014, 11:08 AM
"PotLuck: Thursday Oct 16th, the chapter will provide Veggie Lasagna and grilled chicken. Please post what you will bring for the pot luck so we won't have an overload on one item, also bring your beverage of choice."

June will make her fantastic Taco Salad for the pot luck.

Mrsfish
07-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Put Rick and I down for homemade ice cream and all the fixings:)

Doublegranch
07-27-2014, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=Mrsfish;375028]Put Rick and I down for homemade ice cream and all the fixings:)

[Yum......can't wait, one of life's delights....by the way, remember I have Jetta & Harley's chukkit here from the meet n greet. I will toss it in the camper for them.]

gregattaway
07-28-2014, 11:40 PM
The wife says she will make a big ole pot of AZ's finest fart'n beans !!!
Ok, that was a joke ... it will he a giant pot ... ;)

bikerdude2k
08-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Sandi and I will be able to make it to the whole rally so we cant wait to see everyone. Not sure what we are bringing to the potluck but will post it when i know.

Doublegranch
08-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Ryan & Sandi: Great news! Look forward to seeing you both in Oct....

Remember on the pot luck, just bring a side dish, you are not feeding the entire group. If everyone brings enough for 6 or so people, we should have ample food. I know this is your first Rally, so thought I would pass that along...

See you soon!

gregattaway
08-18-2014, 06:33 PM
We need a thread where we can ask questions ... :cool:
Like AZ people helping AZ people ...

Doublegranch
08-18-2014, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=gregattaway;379224]We need a thread where we can ask questions ... :cool:
Like AZ people helping AZ people ...

[Greg: I will post a new thread under the Arizona Chapter that you use to pull up all threads for our Chapter....It will be posted in a couple of minutes....Great idea...]

StarryNight
08-19-2014, 03:51 PM
I'll be bringing brownies...one batch with pecans the second batch without:)...goes well with homemade ice cream:rolleyes:

Ron-Cookie
08-25-2014, 11:54 AM
We will bring baked beans.... The more you eat the more you toot.... LOL Lots of bean means lots of tootin....

Doublegranch
08-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Last week to RSVP and ensure a spot with the Rally group! I will release the names and spaces to the RV Resort on Friday. We will continue to accept RSVP's after this week but you may or may not be in with the Rally group. If we have any Snowbirds in town and want to join this event, please sign up as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing everyone at our Inaugural Rally.....

Silverbooya
08-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Count me in! Terry Matsunaga will bring Hawaiian coconut dessert, called Haupia. Unfortunately, Sunny and the girls will miss this event as the girls will be in school.

Doublegranch
08-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Terry:

Welcome! Happy you are going to make the Rally. Sorry we won't be able to meet Sunny but hope she will make it to the Quartzsite Rally.
Looking forward to meeting you in Oct.

Doublegranch
08-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Just recieved an email from Larry & Jane Davidson. They will be attending the Oct Rally and bringing: Coyote Joe's Black Bean and Corn Salad along with some tortilla chips.

Larry and Jane are new to the Arizona Chapter and we all look forward to meeting you both.

Mrsfish
08-27-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm soooo fricking excited to meet all of these new people! This is going to be one heck of a first rally! Congratulations to us

Doublegranch
08-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Networking really works.....Our newest members Larry and Jane Davidson has just picked up a couple more for our Oct Rally. I just sent Tawny & Gary Lamb an email and I am waiting for their RSVP email to arrive....

Tawny & Gary are Heartland Owners and met Larry and Jane up in the Show Low area....

This certainly is exciting times and we will have 20 RV's at our Inaugural Rally. How impressive! A big thank you to all who have signed up and for Jane and Larry's networking efforts.

See you in Oct..... Please remember to post your pot luck dish you will be bringing.

gwalter
08-30-2014, 09:45 PM
It is good to see your hard work payoff. The Arizona chapter is off to a great start.

Doublegranch
08-30-2014, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=gwalter;381481]It is good to see your hard work payoff. The Arizona chapter is off to a great start.

[Greg & Linda: Thank you for the nice comments. I sent out an email recently and said I think I went from Retirement back to a full time job....but loving it.]

Doublegranch
08-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Larry & Jane: Your networking not only gave us another couple for our Rally, but I just spent some time walking them through the membership as well. So we are pending their new membership in the Arizona Chapter as well.
Great work! I take it you didn't want to be the junior member at the Inaugural Rally.....

Doublegranch
09-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Latest update on our Arizona Chapter Inaugural Rally......

We are locked and loaded for the Oct event. RV sites have been finalized, RSVP list has been completed, Menu selected and Door prizes for each rig, some with a higher value than others.
A few surprises...
I have name tags for our new members so we are able to remember everyone. Make sure you bring your Heartland Name tags and wear them at all Club house functions. If not, be prepared to tell a clean joke or sing a song....
We have a super Grand prize drawing that everyone will want to win.... We also have a Raffle gift for a beautiful Portable Propane camping oven. Tickets will be sold at $5 each.
Our small inaugural gifts have been ordered and are being made in Colo.
Everyone will have an opportunity to win a few dollars during our game night, which could pay for your Rally site fees.

Don't forget to bring a gift for our "Steal a Gift Night"
Don't forget to post your pot luck side dish...
Don't forget the DATES>>>>>OCT 16-19......

I have a wine tasting table reserved at Kief Joshua Vineyards for Saturday, should anyone want to visit the wine country and taste a few GREAT Wines!! Some that I help bottle each year.

Like a kid waiting for Christmas......I will see you all in just over a month.......

jwcox
09-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Thought I might fix cheezy potatoes, assuming I can get the oven started.

MTPockets
09-13-2014, 04:24 PM
We're looking forward to this Rally and meeting everyone. Should be a great Inagural! .... Terry & June

Mrsfish
09-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Thought this would be the best place to post something of interest regarding Arizona even if it's not about the rally. Rick and I are in the White Mountains for a heat respite this weekend and we just got snow at the 260/sunrise turnoff!! Driving through there after a visit to Greer and it dropped around an inch for about 200 yards at 2:15 this afternoon. It was fun!

Doublegranch
09-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Snow.....YES...Dakota would love it...Can't wait for some colder weather...I think we will have a cold winter this year..

Mrsfish
09-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Beat of luck to all of my further south and further east arizona friends. This storm looks like it's tracking right over you. Hopefully the rv park remains good for our rally. Stay safe

Ron-Cookie
09-17-2014, 10:31 PM
I was about to send a message to Garry too... He needs to close all his windows....
Don't want what happened to Phoenix last week to happen down there!
Sand bag the doors Garry! Dakota can swim... Can you?

Doublegranch
09-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks everyone...the rain has been steady, but not overly hard...It has been going on now for about 20 hours...my ponds are about to overflow into one another.So far the ranch house is staying dry...The RV Resort should be fine for our Rally....I do have the boat ready, just in case....See you all soon.Garry & Dakota

Doublegranch
09-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Checked out the RV Resort today and all is okay after the storm. They received just over 4 inches of rain yesterday, but all is fine!

See you all in a few weeks!!!!

Mrsfish
09-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Well, just got home from a very wet last weekend in the white mountains (we missed you bob and Marion but it was really wet) pulled the rig home so we can now get ready for our very first HOC rally and the inaugural arizona rally. Looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing some semi new friends we met at the meet and greet. Gotta go now and make a shopping list for icecream!

Doublegranch
09-30-2014, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=Mrsfish;386357]Well, just got home from a very wet last weekend in the white mountains (we missed you bob and Marion but it was really wet) pulled the rig home so we can now get ready for our very first HOC rally and the inaugural arizona rally. Looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing some semi new friends we met at the meet and greet. Gotta go now and make a shopping list for icecream![ANN....MAKE AN EXTRA SCOOP FOR Dakota....it's her favorite treat when she gets them.....it's almost Rally time !!!!!]

gregattaway
10-01-2014, 06:37 AM
The wife has a question ...
She is making her famous AZ Beans but was thinking of adding a little heat ...
Would you all like the heat or not ...
Maybe one pot with heat and one w/o ???
thanks ...

Doublegranch
10-01-2014, 11:28 AM
A little spice is ALWAYS NICE......YES BY ME

Doublegranch
10-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Happy Oct everyone, it is finally here!!!!
15 days and counting down for the start of our Inaugural Rally.....
See you all soon!

MTPockets
10-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Yes on the heat!

Mrsfish
10-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Garry - are there fire rings at there site?

Doublegranch
10-08-2014, 05:54 PM
No fire rings, but if you have a portable one bring it...There is a nice area close to the clubhouse for some great evening get together s...
DON'T forget I have the pups chucker and will bring it along....I am getting excited, how about you!!

Mrsfish
10-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Yes yes and yes. We're also bring our bean bag toss and lots of other social games. And don't forget the beverages to get through those games :). We don't have a fire ring. Maybe someone else does??

Mrsfish
10-08-2014, 07:52 PM
For the 9 of us that are going to be at the rally early- I will be hosting a Mexican food dinner on Wednesday night. This is NOT a potluck , everything will be provided except your beverage of choice. Please indulge me.... I have fewer and fewer people to cook for as my family gets older and I just love doing it. There will be beef, chicken and vegi options. let's get ready to paaarty!!

Doublegranch
10-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Ann:
Super idea, I will bring a couple bottles of wine as well. You are a sweet heart for doing this!
This will really start off the Rally with a FLARE!
Thank you.

Garry

Mrsfish
10-08-2014, 08:04 PM
With the beans it could be a f**t not a flare. Just saying

Doublegranch
10-08-2014, 08:24 PM
You know, F**t, Flare, poof or perhaps just breaking wind....I am sure none are worse than Harley, Jetta, Shelby and Dakota express from time to time...

Ron-Cookie
10-08-2014, 09:20 PM
LOL.... Can't wait! Going to be FUN!

StarryNight
10-09-2014, 08:27 PM
We don't have a portable fire ring but we do have a propane "campfire in a can" that we always have with us just in case we are in an area without fire rings or an area that does not allow wood burning. We also have a couple group games.... ladder toss is one.
The Wednesday evening dinner sounds wonderful Ann, thank you for doing that:)
We just got back from the Regional Rally in Amana, Iowa....what a great time...we're "resting up" for the Arizona "wing-ding":D
See everyone soon, safe travels to all!

Doublegranch
10-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Monica:

Great, hope you bring the propane ring....We also have several members with games as well. Drive safe! See you next week

jargan
10-10-2014, 02:35 PM
J. Arganbright -I'll bring a cottage cheese salad.

StarryNight
10-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Garry,
We are on our way! Leaving this morning along with Mary & Phil:)
Over 800 miles to go.
See you soon,
Monica

JohnD
10-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Garry,
We are on our way! Leaving this morning along with Mary & Phil:)
Over 800 miles to go.
See you soon,
Monica

Wish we were going along with you!

Instead . . . I'm getting ready for work (theres that four letter word again) . . . :eek:

Sounds like you guys are all gonna have a great time!

Doublegranch
10-12-2014, 10:14 AM
You guys drive safe! I will check in early Wed morning....

can't wait to see you!

JohnD
10-19-2014, 01:14 AM
Awefully quiet from the rally . . . how goes it down there?

Wishing we could be there . . .

Doublegranch
10-19-2014, 01:29 AM
John...

Between adult happy water, too much food, tours, late night star watching, no one has time to post....
Will finish up in the morning with breakfast burritos and checkout......

postings should follow...

MTPockets
10-19-2014, 07:20 AM
I'll start: rally has been top notch! Huge Kudo's to Garry - He put in a ton getting this Inagural together! What a great group of folks. We're happy to be part of the Arizona group. Look forward to Quartzite! Terry & June

StarryNight
10-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Ditto MTPockets!!
A great time for all. Don and I enjoyed meeting with the AZ group as well as seeing "old" friends. Checking out the area was entertaining also: Tubac was a fun shopping expedition:)

Ron-Cookie
10-19-2014, 06:35 PM
I had a wonderful time at my FIRST Rally! Thank you all for such fun! I thought I had better put in a word of thanks to those who stopped to see if they could be of assistance... I had Good Sam Roadside Assistance on their way... Someone at the Stop Sign had told me that I had a balloon on the inside of my rear passenger trailer tire... Check out the picture of the tire in the bed of the truck..... When I got home (I drove slow) I found that after another 160 miles my front drivers side trailer tire was ready to blow as well... I now know why they are called BLOWMAX tires!! Only about 5000 on this set of tires on my 2013 Sundance... Check out this picture as well... Anyone know of good replacement tire? Thanks again for a wonderful FIRST Rally and thanks again for checking on me on the side of the road! Nice to have concerned friends!

Mrsfish
10-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Our first rally was a 10!!!! Met so many fabulous people, some incredible kids and well mannered dogs. We are now even more excited for quarztcite and seeing everyone again. Thank you to everyone for everything you all did to making this so awesome. To Jeanne for her recipes, to Terry and June for their tunes, to Greg for his wit, to Michelle for her awesome girls, to Monica for her never ending help and to everyone for just being there and making it as good as I could have dreamt. Garry was incredible and worked way too hard. We'll make sure we're even better organized for the next one so he can have some time off. Now that we all have one under our belts the next one should be a hoot. Safe travels to those who haven't left yet. See you all soon!! (And Holly- start warming up those vocal cords, cause the secret's out)

Kosanko
10-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Hello, to the group!!!

The Inaugural Az. Chapter Rally was also our first Rally, and it far surpassed our expectations. Not only did we meet some fantastic people, the rally fee was a bargain for the vast amount of knowledge that I gained from our knowledgeable chapter members. If for nothing else if anyone just wants to spend the weekend with like minded soles who share the common bond of owning a Heartland RV, you cannot believe the comradre of this group, we have never felt so welcome to a new group in such a short time. We cannot wait until the next one in Quartzite!!

JohnD
10-20-2014, 01:10 AM
Hello, to the group!!!

The Inaugural Az. Chapter Rally was also our first Rally, and it far surpassed our expectations. Not only did we meet some fantastic people, the rally fee was a bargain for the vast amount of knowledge that I gained from our knowledgeable chapter members. If for nothing else if anyone just wants to spend the weekend with like minded soles who share the common bond of owning a Heartland RV, you cannot believe the comradre of this group, we have never felt so welcome to a new group in such a short time. We cannot wait until the next one in Quartzite!!

We've been to two HOC Rallies thus far, and Quartzsite will be our third!

We met Garry at our first rally, as well as Monica and Don (the Colorado HOC leaders), and countless other members (like Terry & June), and I can't say enough about them!

What a bunch of great people and a fun time!

Anyone who hasn't yet attended an HOC rally or campout needs to do so right away!

We'll see you all at Quartzsite in January, 2015!

Doublegranch
10-20-2014, 10:52 AM
A big thank you to all who attended our Inaugural Rally.....You are the one's that made it special and as great as it turned out. In my opinion this was one of the best Rally's I have attended.
Thanks to all who helped out, cleaned up and brought all those super snacks.
Also this was the first Rally I have attended with Children and WOW what a special Treat.....I hope they will be at all our Rally's.
To our out of State guests, thank you for attending and we all wish you safe travels.
See you in Quartzsite in Jan 2015. Our RSVP has exceeded all expectations and working on clearing those with pending confirmations.

I feel blessed to have such close Heartland friends in the Arizona Chapter and the Heartland Owners Club everywhere.

Garry & Dakota

gwalter
10-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Good to hear you had a great rally. I had a feeling you would make it a time to remember. [emoji106]. Gregg

Mrsfish
10-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Gregg - you would be happy to hear we even had 2 viszlas! Telling ya, it was awesome.

Doublegranch
10-20-2014, 09:15 PM
To the two AZ members, whom I will not mention their names, who had tire blow outs after the Quailridge Rally....I trust it all worked out and no damage was done to the one siting on the RV or the other on the truck. I feel bad you had these problems and wish you all well.
Safe travels in the future.

Kosanko
10-21-2014, 01:02 AM
Garry,

Do please share their experiences so we as a chapter may learn from their misfortune, also putting it out for the chapter, I do carry an onboard air compressor with a 50' hose, and if anyone need to check their tire before hitting the road. I'm offering up my air compressor for use to all chapter members, (it may need cold beer) to work effectively...Lol

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
10-21-2014, 08:51 AM
thanks for the info

Doublegranch
10-21-2014, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=Kosanko;389837]Garry,

Do please share their experiences so we as a chapter may learn from their misfortune, also putting it out for the chapter, I do carry an onboard air compressor with a 50' hose, and if anyone need to check their tire before hitting the road. I'm offering up my air compressor for use to all chapter members, (it may need cold beer) to work effectively...Lol

[One rig had a blow out on his blowmax tires, tread partially separated from the tire. He had Good Sam service and they changed tires, leaving him without a spare. About 20 miles from the Phoenix area another Blowmax decided to do the same thing. He limped home and putting a new set of Goodrich Tires on this week. No damage to the RV. Several AZ members offered assistance but he was okay. The second person had a blow on on his truck, not sure of the details, but apparently no damage to the truck or RV. ]

Mrsfish
10-21-2014, 05:28 PM
wow - we only had a blowout in the back seat! (that's a joke folks, that's where Jetta and Harley ride and after all the people food they ate - BLOWOUT!!)

jwcox
10-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Thanks to all the folks I met at our first rally. I enjoyed everything and finished up my road trip at Lost Dutchman State Park. How beautiful, sad to leave there, but glad to be home.

sandrattt
10-22-2014, 11:23 PM
We had a great time too. It was nice to see some Colorado friends and meet some new interesting people. Thanks for all your effort Gary. We look forward to the next event in Jan.

Tom, Holly and LucyBell

Doublegranch
10-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Jeanne, happy you made it home okay....

Tom & Holly....looking forward to Quartzsite....RSVP is up to 27....Holly, We will need your help, thanks for volunteering...

JohnD
10-23-2014, 01:15 AM
We had a great time too. It was nice to see some Colorado friends and meet some new interesting people. Thanks for all your effort Gary. We look forward to the next event in Jan.

Tom, Holly and LucyBell

We are from Colorado . . . and will be at the January 2015 Quartzsite, AZ HOC Rally!

Can't wait to meet all of the Arizona Chapter members that we haven't met yet, plus see all of the others we have already met at previous rallies we've attended!

Lindstrom1950
12-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Hi Everyone, we will be attending the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque and as we'll be in the area we would love to attend your rally. So please put us down, Alina and John Lindstrom (can't forget Jackson, our little beagle). HOC 2520. Thank you!