Airbags for 2500 TV... Firestone vs Airlift

Cjackg

I am looking at the top rated Airbags for 3/4 ton trucks and considering both Firestone and Airlift, about the same price range.

I am sure lots of folks have opinions about whats the best choice depending on which one they are using and I am interested in hearing the Good 'n Bad of both.

but, the main thing I am curious about is if there is any real difference in the loaded performance, plus whether they cause the truck to sit much higher in the rear when not towing or loaded...

Hope I can get some input based on real experience...

Thanks!

Garypowell

I have firestone and when not in use truck sits level. Still working trial and error for right pressure loaded and unloaded. 5vr pulls much smoother with. Probably won't do pin box or other mods now.

My my favorite thing is I put them on with truck simply sitting in driveway and no jacks. Didn't even take a wheel off....real slick!

Sorry can't compare to other brand.

jnbhobe

I've Had both and one is as good as the other. I would get them with a compressor and automatic dual fill.

DocFather

I have had both. I had Firestone on my 1500 GMC Sierra that housed an Amerideck Lift for my bikes. Now I have the AirLift Loadlifter 5000 with the WirelessOne for my Silverado 3500HD Duramax Dually for towing the 4100. I am equally pleased and don't think you can go wrong with either. Just buy the correct product for your application needs

porthole

Retired
Check the bag design.
When I got mine, AirLift had larger diameter bags. That helped the ride somewhat. Less air for a given load.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I used the Airlift system. I also installed the "auto leveling" kit. Boy it works slick. You might check to see if they have the $50 rebate on each kit. Both kits together were under $800. I got a check back for $100 and T shirt. If you do install the auto leveling kit....make sure its connected to key on power only. Cause it draws a 1/2amp every 45 seconds to correct the ride height. That will drain a sitting battery quick. Dont ask how I know.

Snow

My buddy and me installed the airlift 5000 after my first outing last year made a big difference we did on the ground in about 6 hrs for everything that includes an onboard air compressor about 450$ with a 100$ rebate ,I run about 50 psi when hooked up , 5 psi empty ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️