Tire size and manufacturer

maryesvt

I am confused as to the correct Type and load rating I should be using on my 2007 3055 RL BH. What is the most popular manufacturer

maryesvt

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Maryesvt. Welcome to posting on this great forum.
There are a lot of 3055 owners on this forum.
You should have some suggestions soon.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
YOur OEM tire should be a 235/80R16 load range E. For a few extra dollars and some peace of mind, I would suggest stepping up to a Load Range "G" tire. Either a 235/80R16 or 235/85R16 will work as the overall diameter is close to the same.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When we had a 3055RL we used the Michelin XPS Ribs with very good results.

Gaffer

The 3055 does not have a lot of weight on the axels. The E rated tire is fine. You could step up to the G rated tire if your rims are rated for it and they should be. Crawl under and check the back of the rims for 110 PSI. If you check Goodyear's load rating chart for the G-614, you will see what they are rate for at various pressures. You don't need to run 110 lbs in them, running them at 90 will give you some additional load rating over the E tires at 80 but at a harsher ride. The best ST tire on the market is the Maxxis. Stay away rom the Goodyear Maraton.

I would stay away from all goodyear tires. not had the best luck with them or carlile, I hope to find a michelin truck tire for my 5th wheel trailer before I have to many miles

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I used the Mich XPS Rib E rated tires when we had ours. Very good tires and no worries and much cheaper than GY.

SilverRhino

I have looked at the Micelin XPS Rib tires, but I am concerned about the clearance between the tires. The 235/80R16 tires have an overall diameter of 30.8 inches. The XPS Rib is a 235/85 tire and has an overall diameter of 32 inches. So by installing these I would move my tires 2 inches closer together. Has anyone experienced any problems with this clearance?

branson4020

Icantre Member
I have looked at the Micelin XPS Rib tires, but I am concerned about the clearance between the tires. The 235/80R16 tires have an overall diameter of 30.8 inches. The XPS Rib is a 235/85 tire and has an overall diameter of 32 inches. So by installing these I would move my tires 2 inches closer together. Has anyone experienced any problems with this clearance?

1.2" closer.

GOTTOYS

I have 235/85/16 XPS ribs on my BC 3250. They replaced a set of B.F.Goodrich Commercial TAs that were recalled in the same size. The Goodrich tires were a little smaller in diameter and I could easily put my X-Chocks between them. The Michelins are a little larger in diameter. I have maybe 1 1/2" between them Have had zero problems in around 10,000 miles. Absolutely trouble free as were the Commercial TAs. I would buy either ones again. Don