Max Air Covers

bigdob24

Just got 4 max air covers for my BC 3070RE.
The sales person at CW told me the regular max air cover would work over a power vent like the fantastic fan we have in the main room.
now I see in the instructions that they recommend the max fan cover
Any one use the regulars cove and have good results?
Seems like I used one in an older RV we had but can't remember for sure.
Thanks

Mizmary

There are some that are made specifically for the fantastic fans. We have them and like them pretty well. The other ones don't allow the vent to open quite as much and that can be a problem. :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take it back to CW and insist on the larger one MADE for the Fantastic Fan. That salesman is clueless.

TxCowboy

A related question to this thread: How do these covers work for off-season storage? Can you leave the vent covers open a bit for ventilation or is that a bad idea?

JohnDar

You probably can leave the vent open a little, so long as you don't get driving rains of epic proportions. They don't seal around the bottom of the cover, so some dust and insects could end up getting in. Bugs would be stopped by the screen in the vent, though. When we leave our rig for periods during the summer, i do crack them open and have the Fantastic Fan powered in case in gets too warm.

TxCowboy

OK, that's logical, John. Thanks. If nothing else, it provides another translucent layer of shielding above the vent covers so this Texas sun does a bit less damage to the interior.

JohnDar

OK, that's logical, John. Thanks. If nothing else, it provides another translucent layer of shielding above the vent covers so this Texas sun does a bit less damage to the interior.

I had to put one on our FD USAR trailer after an icicle fell off the roof and speared the vent lid. Replaced the lid and then put the MaxxAir cover over it. Now that the temps are rising, I leave it open to keep it from getting too hot inside (I still have work to do in there!).