Driving down the road

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've all had or heard about other drivers being inconsiderate or downright stupid when encountering our rigs on the roadways. But there is another side to that coin. Folks pulling rigs need to use their !#@%%?? mirrors before abruptly making lane changes. The wife and I were driving home from our CG (no rig) separately, her in the Equinox, me in the truck. I was a couple of miles behind her. But some dumb-arse dragging a full-paint 5'er entering the detour on SB I-75 moving traffic onto SB I-675 near Saginaw decided he didn't want to be in the right lane and moved over to the left lane. No, there was no entrance lane or merging traffic, either. What he didn't see was the wife coming up along side at the posted 70 mph. WHY?? Probably doesn't know what those shiny, reflective things on the side of his truck are for. She was forced to stand on her brakes and barely kept it on the road. The dumb-arse continues on without a care in the world.

It is a good thing I was too far behind to witness this stupidity. There would have been some serious road rage when I caught up with him. Even more so if he'd caused her harm.

She was still shaken when we both arrived home.

OK, that's my vent. We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

priorguy

Happened to my DW too on a 2 lane road with passing lanes. Guy had no business switching lanes with lots left before his ended. Woke me up in the passenger seat and everyone behind her trying to get passed him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Happened to my DW too on a 2 lane road with passing lanes. Guy had no business switching lanes with lots left before his ended. Woke me up in the passenger seat and everyone behind her trying to get passed him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this case, the lane wasn't ending. It's a two lane exit from I-75 onto I-675.

Kbvols

Had a semi do the same thing to me. Forced me off the road to the in side shoulder. Between the concrete center wall and rumble strips it was a wild ride for a second or two.