13,000 mile trip to Alaska and back

Bob Vaughn

We arrived back home in Seffner Fl. after a 4 month trip to Alaska and back. I am happy to report that our 2011 Big Country survived the trip with flying colors. The only issue we had was when we went to put the bedroom slide out when we arrived in Fairbanks the slide went out but the bed stayed inside....It took 3-4 hours to take ever thing apart and re-attach the bed to the slide out....I think when they built it they did not screw into a frame member so only one of the two screws holding the bed to the wall of the slide was holding it..... Home Depot was about an hour's drive away. The washboard Alaska Highway should be the testing ground for all rv products......I was expecting more problems. One of the corner trim pieces also popped off. All in All I was happy with how every thing stayed together.....

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Re: 13,000 mile trip to Alaska an back

We arrived back home in Seffner Fl. after a 4 month trip to Alaska and back. I am happy to report that our 2011 Big Country survived the trip with flying colors. The only issue we had was when we went to put the bedroom slide out when we arrived in Fairbanks the slide went out but the bed stayed inside....It took 3-4 hours to take ever thing apart and re-attach the bed to the slide out....I think when they built it they did not screw into a frame member so only one of the two screws holding the bed to the wall of the slide was holding it..... Home Depot was about an hour's drive away. The washboard Alaska Highway should be the testing ground for all rv products......I was expecting more problems. One of the corner trim pieces also popped off. All in All I was happy with how every thing stayed together.....
Glad you made it home safe.
Linda

aatauses

We made that trip last year and our BH performed just fine--glad you had a good trip.
al

olcoon

Glad everything went off pretty smooth! Hopefully soon, we'll be able to make it up there!

AKDallBH

We are going to do the trip reversed. Live in Alaska but will be headed out on Sept 10th for the winter. Which access route did you come up/leave on? We are contemplating the east access route, but may depending on weather cut over from Jasper to Hope. Our first destination is Sequim Washington to visit my parents.