PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Boerne - 4/17/2015 to 4/19/2015

TomMar
01-02-2015, 08:38 PM
33000 IH-10 West, Boerne, TX 78006

Venue:
------------------------------

Alamo Fiesta RV Resort
33000 IH-10 West
Boerne, TX 78006
Connie 800-321-2267
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:

Details:

Number of sites held: 16
Site fee: $$31 per night.
Club Member Event fee: None
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Friday 7:00p Meet & Greet and Ice Cream Social
Saturday 9:00a Breakfast (Furnished by Ron Hoover RV - Boerne)
Saturday 6:30p Potluck Dinner
Sunday: ???

Local event: Texas Corvette Association Open Car Show @ Main Plaza, 4/18/2015

Event Leader: TomMar(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=3778)

Additional Info:

1) 1195 Tom & Marti
2) 1003 Jim & Bette
3) 1017 Jay & Stella
4) 2784 Pat & Elaine
5) 2001 Peg & Mike
6) 1004 Terry & Carol - (Cancelled)
7) 1382 George
8) 2414 Andy & Joanna
9) 2103 George & Lynn (Cancelled)
10) 2545 Richard & Mary
11) 1354 Paul & Amber
12) 2856 Jeremy & Elizabeth
13) 658 Ed & Charlotte
14) 653 Mark & Lauren
15) 2096 Monica & Don
16) 1347 Mary & Phil
17) 2388 Ed & Susan
18) 2721 Althea Jeter & John Bell

jimtoo
01-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Sign us up,,, Jim and Bette McGee. We will plan on being there Tom. Arrive on the 15th,,, pull out on the 20th.

Do we need to call or do you take care of it Tom??? Or is Marti doing the work?

Jim M

TomMar
01-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Thats great news Jim. You will need to call them but you might hold off a couple days. I am still waiting on the contract to show up so I can sign it. We've been there before and do not see any problems but they may be waiting on it. It will be great to see you and Bette

jimtoo
01-03-2015, 01:23 AM
OK,, will wait a few days and check with them. May need to wait even longer,, got some things in the fire and trying to get put out and taken care of. Nice people there,, been there quite a few times.

Jim M

jayc
01-03-2015, 08:26 AM
We'll be there! Coming back from the OK rally and will likely arrive on Tuesday the 14th amd departing Monday the 20th. Looking forward to the rally.

Possum51
01-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Please sign up Pat and Elaine Poole. We would like to meet everyone. Husband just retired last month so this is all new to us. See you there!

pegmikef
01-03-2015, 10:59 AM
We'll be there! Coming back from the OK rally and will likely arrive on Tuesday the 14th amd departing Monday the 20th. Looking forward to the rally.

We will too, but not sure of the dates yet. . . dependent on grandson's grad date from Tech school. Mike and Peggy

TomMar
01-03-2015, 01:55 PM
WOW !! we now have Peg & Mike, Jay & Stella, Pat & Elaine and Jim & Bette on the list. Pat we are glad to hear of your retirement. We retire February 27 so by April we can compare notes. Welcome everyone ! ! ! ! :)

Terry H
01-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Tom,

Carol and I will be coming to the Rally. We will be arriving on Thursday, April 16th and departing on Monday, April 20th.

FYI, I called the RV Park to make reservations and they stated the sites are blocked and all we need to do is let you know when we are arriving and departing.

TomMar
01-13-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks Terry, they did not bother to tell me that. No problem we'll get'er done. We'll see y'all there:p

jassson007
01-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Tom we are gonna try to make it out there. Hard part is talking Joanna into it...lol!

Chippendale
01-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Tom:

I am a new Heartland owner, and have not attended a Heartland rally yet. But if you guys will accept a single guy, I would like to cut my teeth on yours. I would arrive the 16th and leave the 19th. The Big Guy upstairs decided last Feb. that he needed DW more than I did, so I have been Rving alone since then.

George Speir
Georgetown, TX

jbeletti
01-14-2015, 07:59 AM
George,

So sorry for the loss of your wife.

Yes, solo RVers are very welcome within our club. We would be thrilled to have you.

TomMar
01-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Tom:

I am a new Heartland owner, and have not attended a Heartland rally yet. But if you guys will accept a single guy, I would like to cut my teeth on yours. I would arrive the 16th and leave the 19th. The Big Guy upstairs decided last Feb. that he needed DW more than I did, so I have been Rving alone since then.

George Speir
Georgetown, TX

George - You have our sympathies for your lost. Absolutely you are welcome and I will get your name on the list. We have great group that will probably answer just about any question you may have about your new Gateway. We'll see you there

TomMar
01-14-2015, 11:10 AM
LOL x2 - I understand. We have the keys but they have the road maps. We "can go if you want to, but ........." has one meaning to us, a different one to them.;) Tell her we only bite people on Monday's so its safe to make the trip. Honestly it is a long trip for folks that are still working and if I remember right you don't retire until later this year. It will be great to see you if you can make it. I'll put your name down just in case. :confused: Travel Safe

jassson007
01-14-2015, 12:37 PM
LOL x2 - I understand. We have the keys but they have the road maps. We "can go if you want to, but ........." has one meaning to us, a different one to them.;) Tell her we only bite people on Monday's so its safe to make the trip. Honestly it is a long trip for folks that are still working and if I remember right you don't retire until later this year. It will be great to see you if you can make it. I'll put your name down just in case. :confused: Travel Safe

Exactly. She has been bugging me about wanting to get away. Jan is booked with Mardi Gras events and couple of concerts and the. March is our rally. Lol

As far as retiring we have 10-12 years left. She will have her 30 years in at 52 so we will both be done by then and just work when and where we want too. Lol

Btw are yall gonna make the Houston RV show? We will be there either Saturday or Sunday not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomMar
01-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Exactly. She has been bugging me about wanting to get away. Jan is booked with Mardi Gras events and couple of concerts and the. March is our rally. Lol

As far as retiring we have 10-12 years left. She will have her 30 years in at 52 so we will both be done by then and just work when and where we want too. Lol

Btw are yall gonna make the Houston RV show? We will be there either Saturday or Sunday not sure yet.

Sorry, I thought you were retiring later this year. No worry, all in due time. We will probably be at the show. There was some mention of me assisting Ron Hoover as a satisfied Heartland customer but I have not talked to Joe French (Ron Hoover - Kayt GM) yet. We should know soon.
P.S. I just signed up for the LA rally - I overlooked it on the schedule until you said something. We'll see you there:cool::D

jassson007
01-14-2015, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I thought you were retiring later this year. No worry, all in due time. We will probably be at the show. There was some mention of me assisting Ron Hoover as a satisfied Heartland customer but I have not talked to Joe French (Ron Hoover - Kayt GM) yet. We should know soon.
P.S. I just signed up for the LA rally - I overlooked it on the schedule until you said something. We'll see you there:cool::D

Not a problem. Hope to see you at the show...

I saw you had responded to rally thread. Will get it updated.

RichPal
01-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Please sign up Richard and Mary Palmer. We will arrive on 16th and depart on 19th.

Richard Palmer 2545

TomMar
01-23-2015, 07:18 AM
Outstanding - We have you on the list.

Possum51
01-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Tom, I didn't give you the dates for us. We will arrive on April 16th and depart on the morning of the 20th. Thanks!

Pat and Elaine

jassson007
02-06-2015, 11:55 AM

Tom go ahead and make it official for us, we will arrive 4/17 and depart 4/19.

Also we will be at Houston RV show tomorrow, will look for yall .

TomMar
02-07-2015, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=jassson007;404312]Tom go ahead and make it official for us, we will arrive 4/17 and depart 4/19.
Thats good to hear. I'll maker you official now. We'll be out at the show most of the day around the Ron Hoover booth. They have 12 rows of RVs in the far right, back corner of the building. See you there

MotoLynx27x
02-27-2015, 01:32 AM
I sent a PM to you Tom asking a few questions about the Rally. This will be the first one my wife and I attend if we are indeed able to make it!

TomMar
02-27-2015, 12:04 PM
I sent a PM to you Tom asking a few questions about the Rally. This will be the first one my wife and I attend if we are indeed able to make it!I have responded to the PM. We hope you can make it.

MotoLynx27x
02-28-2015, 02:31 PM
We are good to go for the event! Do we need to prepay for anything?

MotoLynx27x
02-28-2015, 02:39 PM
I take it I need to contact the RV park to reserve a spot?

TomMar
02-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Jeremy - Normally that would be the program but this park has all of the needed sites already reserved. I will turn in a list of attendees with their arrival and departure dates so that takes care of the reservations. When you arrive you will need to check in with the office tell them you are with the rally and pay the individual site fee. There is also a Rally fee but if you are a Heartland Owners Club members the rally fee itself will be $0, if not I will need to collect a $20 fee (one time fee for this rally). It appears that you are not a HOC member so you might want to go to the Owners Club portal (top bar on this page) and review the club benefits, i.e. all rally fees are $0 among other things. Let me know if you have any questions. Travel safe and we look forward to seeing you Elizabeth, Zack and your 3 fuzzy family members.
:):cool:

jassson007
02-28-2015, 10:31 PM
There is also a free one year trial membership as well.

pegmikef
03-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Tom I just finished my April route and my dates for Boerne will be: arrive Tuesday the 14th and depart on Monday the 20th.

TomMar
03-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Got it - thanks

TomMar
03-05-2015, 06:13 PM
I take it I need to contact the RV park to reserve a spot?

Jeremy - Can I get the dates you plan to arrive and depart? I will turn in all of the arrivals and everyone will just need to check in with the park office when they get there.

Thanks

MotoLynx27x
03-06-2015, 01:56 AM
Arrive Friday 4/17 in the afternoon and leave Sunday 4-19 in the afternoon.

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

8amps
03-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Hi,
We'd like to attend your rally. We are Colorado chapter members though spending time in Arizona this winter and now headed to Texas. What do you need from us?
Mary & Phil

TomMar
03-25-2015, 10:09 AM
8amps - Absolutely you can get in also. I just sent a message to Monica & Don and have them on the list too. All you will need to do is check-in with the office when you arrive. I will turn my list in next week and the park will work from my list. I will need your arrival and departure dates for the list. Travel Safe

8amps
03-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Great, thanks! We are working on our arrival/departure schedule and should know in the next few days. I'll let you know as soon as we know. We are going to Nevada (our official domicile) to try to get the proper license for towing our rig. I even toyed with changing our domicile to Texas (my home state) but I think they are requiring the same license too for a rig greater than 26,000 pounds. At least that is what I understood from my research last night. It was a lot of info to digest!

Mary

alethaj
04-11-2015, 07:35 AM
John and I are going to try to make it...will know for sure Monday evening after Dr. appointment....we would arrive on Thursday leaving on Monday..hope to see everyone ...

alethaj
04-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Reservation is made. Arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday. Got fingers crossed that we don't have to cancel.

jassson007
04-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Reservation is made. Arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday. Got fingers crossed that we don't have to cancel.

It will be good to see you and John again. I looking forward to who's trip as we have not been anywhere since we got home from kinder.

Btw Tom do we still not need to do anything like call the park or have you got that under control??

TomMar
04-11-2015, 03:09 PM
It will be good to see you and John again. I looking forward to who's trip as we have not been anywhere since we got home from kinder.

Btw Tom do we still not need to do anything like call the park or have you got that under control??

Andy all is under control. I have submitted all the names to the park so all you need to do is checkin with the park on arrival.

jassson007
04-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Andy all is under control. I have submitted all the names to the park so all you need to do is checkin with the park on arrival.

Good deal. See Ya next Thursday. [emoji2]

pegmikef
04-11-2015, 03:25 PM

Good luck at the doctor's! It will be good to see you again. Mike and Peggy

TomMar
04-11-2015, 06:03 PM

Althea we have you on the list - good luck with the doctor.

alethaj
04-11-2015, 06:12 PM
ALETHA JETER...and JOHN BELL...please correct...thanks..

TomMar
04-11-2015, 06:16 PM
ALETHA JETER...and JOHN BELL...please correct...thanks..

Done

Terry H
04-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Tom,

Carol and I had a change of plans and will not be able to attend, because we are still helping our daughter and son in law in the remodeling of their house before they move in.
We will miss seeing everyone at the Rally. We will try to attend a So. Texas Rally in the future.

jimtoo
04-12-2015, 10:10 PM
NOW TERRY,,,, You know by not showing up in Boerne..... you will not get to see ME!! But it is your loss.. :)

Jim M

Terry H
04-12-2015, 11:02 PM
NOW TERRY,,,, You know by not showing up in Boerne..... you will not get to see ME!! But it is your loss.. :)

Jim M

Yes, I know will not see, also I will not see your wife. But sometimes family comes first.

TomMar
04-13-2015, 06:03 AM
Tom,

Carol and I had a change of plans and will not be able to attend, because we are still helping our daughter and son in law in the remodeling of their house before they move in.
We will miss seeing everyone at the Rally. We will try to attend a So. Texas Rally in the future.

We understand Terry, maybe next time.

8amps
04-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Hi Tom,
We are in the Dallas area planning on coming to the rally on Friday. However, it looks like Wednesday is the best travel day, weather -wise. Do you have the space for us to come early? Should we call campground? Thanks for your help and looking forward to meeting all ya'll!

TomMar
04-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Hi Tom,
We are in the Dallas area planning on coming to the rally on Friday. However, it looks like Wednesday is the best travel day, weather -wise. Do you have the space for us to come early? Should we call campground? Thanks for your help and looking forward to meeting all ya'll!

Mary/Phil Wednesday will not be a problem. This park has the rally area seperate from the other campers. We wiill be getting there Wednesday too. We are looking forward to meeting ya'll too. Travel safe.

jimtoo
04-13-2015, 03:50 PM
We are here... when does the party start?

Jim M

Terry H
04-13-2015, 04:58 PM
When the first person that breaks out the Fireball!

TerryH

pegmikef
04-14-2015, 06:10 PM
We're here too, rolled in a little after three. I see Jim's riig and another Big Horn parked in one of the rally sites, but haven't seen anyone around. Peggy and I are going to run up to the shooteing club in Kerrville in the morning for a little weapons proficiency maintenance. Then, since we're within fifty miles of Peggy's favorite fabric store (her rule) we will also be visiting Creations in Kerrville. So we will see everybody who's here tomorrow when we get back.

TomMar
04-14-2015, 09:46 PM
We're here too, rolled in a little after three. I see Jim's riig and another Big Horn parked in one of the rally sites, but haven't seen anyone around. Peggy and I are going to run up to the shooteing club in Kerrville in the morning for a little weapons proficiency maintenance. Then, since we're within fifty miles of Peggy's favorite fabric store (her rule) we will also be visiting Creations in Kerrville. So we will see everybody who's here tomorrow when we get back.

We are on the way Wednesday am. Jay & Stella and Mark & Loren (new members) will be there then.

jassson007
04-14-2015, 10:44 PM
We are on the way Wednesday am. Jay & Stella and Mark & Loren (new members) will be there then.

We are headed that way late Thursday and will spend the night on the road somewhere so we can pull in early Friday. Is it Thursday yet? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possum51
04-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Yey!!! Can't wait to see u Andy and Joanna! So happy you could come!

TomMar
04-16-2015, 12:59 PM
We are headed that way late Thursday and will spend the night on the road somewhere so we can pull in early Friday. Is it Thursday yet? Lol

Good deal. We have 11 rigs already here so ya'll "come on down"

jassson007
04-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Good deal. We have 11 rigs already here so ya'll "come on down"

Waiting on her to get home from work. Hope to hit the road bye 3:30 and 4. Weather going to you know what here.

jassson007
04-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Yey!!! Can't wait to see u Andy and Joanna! So happy you could come!

I'm ready to go. Even fixed bathroom sink already. Just waiting for jo. Lol

TomMar
04-16-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm ready to go. Even fixed bathroom sink already. Just waiting for jo. Lol

Weather here is really bad. Forecast is rain chance % some every day. A strong storm is going through San Antonio right now with a pretty had rain here. Check the weather bug forecast and make a decision then. We would love go have you here but safety first.

jassson007
04-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Weather here is really bad. Forecast is rain chance % some every day. A strong storm is going through San Antonio right now with a pretty had rain here. Check the weather bug forecast and make a decision then. We would love go have you here but safety first.

Just a steady down pour right now. About to hit road in 15 min.

jo9463
04-16-2015, 04:47 PM

You really think rain will stop him?? It may slow him down, but not stop him. He's been itching to camp since Kinder.

Possum51
04-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Rain has stopped! Really wasn't bad here! Come on!! Mexican train in the rally room tonight! No rain in there!!!

MotoLynx27x
04-16-2015, 06:39 PM
We will be heading that way tomorrow around 4pm!! We are excited!!

jassson007
04-16-2015, 08:59 PM
We stopped in Willmer at the loves truck stop for the night. Took us awhile to get through houston traffic and the off and on rain.

jo9463
04-17-2015, 07:40 AM

We are on the road and about 1 1/2 hrs away.

alethaj
04-17-2015, 07:46 AM
Drive safely. ....bring the sunshine with you:)

alethaj
04-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Had a Cyclone just pull in..

pegmikef
04-17-2015, 10:00 AM
Tho't I just saw our Louisiana folks, Andy and Joanna, out walking so they arrived not long ago. Welcome.

jassson007
04-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Tho't I just saw our Louisiana folks, Andy and Joanna, out walking so they arrived not long ago. Welcome.

Waiting for you to walk down and say hi. Lol

TomMar
04-17-2015, 03:47 PM
All the teams are now on location. Unfortunately no one brought any sunshine. That's okay 'cause we have awnings and alcohol and the rally room has room for lots of domino games. Welcome to all that braved the weather.

MotoLynx27x
04-17-2015, 04:18 PM
We will be on the way shortly. Got caught in the rain storm coming home from work!

alethaj
04-17-2015, 04:40 PM
.....To my louisiana friends...... Just saw your flag go bye bye. .....weather is not being nice

jassson007
04-17-2015, 04:56 PM
.....To my louisiana friends...... Just saw your flag go bye bye. .....weather is not being nice

Oh well. Not the first one I have lost. They replaced the first one and I paid shipping. Let's see what they say this time. Lol. That was some bad wind though.

jo9463
04-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Guess what time it is?!!!!!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/17/9906f0452676a7ccbe9b04f3cfa74a43.jpg

MotoLynx27x
04-17-2015, 08:06 PM
We made it! We look forward to meeting you all tomorrow! We are grabbing some late dinner at Mague's.
BTW that Whiskey is awesome!

jo9463
04-17-2015, 08:26 PM
We made it! We look forward to meeting you all tomorrow! We are grabbing some late dinner at Mague's.
BTW that Whiskey is awesome!

Andy and I were wondering where you went. Have fun eating and looking forward to meeting you.

jimtoo
04-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Nice bunch of breakfast burritos furnished by Ron Hoover this morning,,, even thou a little late,, but they were still good. After a little conversing, a number of the "Girls" ,, ladies decided to go into Boerne for a little shopping. Sure hope I got all her credit cards out of her purse.:cool:

AWWWwww ,,,, so now some nice peace and quite for a little while. :)

TomMar
04-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Wow, there was a Corvette show in downtown Boerne. There were 250+ cars and 98% were Corvettes. There were even two '53 Corvettes with the 6 cyl engine. The weather cleared off and the Corvette show was FREE.

MotoLynx27x
04-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Yea the Corvette show was a nice treat. My wife was able to make it and we had a little birthday cake in celebration of her mom's 66th birthday today! We got back to the camper just in time before the storm came through. I felt a little sad for all those car owners having to clear out early due to the rain this afternoon !

Mrsfish
04-18-2015, 10:26 PM
Guess what time it is?!!!!!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/17/9906f0452676a7ccbe9b04f3cfa74a43.jpg

Why am I not surprised to see Phil in the background of this picture? Watch out for Mary and her hot chocolate drinks- they are incredible. Tastes like a thin mint

apc427
04-18-2015, 10:32 PM
It was great meeting everyone. We enjoyed it. We hope to see y'all again at another rally. Have a safe drive home.

jo9463
04-18-2015, 11:57 PM
Thanks Tom and Marti for a good time. It was great meeting some new people and catching up with others. Hope to see y'all again soon.

jassson007
04-19-2015, 12:02 AM
It was great meeting everyone. We enjoyed it. We hope to see y'all again at another rally. Have a safe drive home.

Paul and Amber it was great seeing you guys again, small world huh? I will let you know when we get a site for our spring rally but the tentative date will be last weekend of March.

jassson007
04-19-2015, 12:03 AM
Thanks Tom and Marti for a good time. It was great meeting some new people and catching up with others. Hope to see y'all again soon.

I second her post, had a good time with old friends and new. Great to put faces with names that we "talk" to all the time here. Safe travels to all tomorrow and Monday.

alethaj
04-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Despite the weather it was great meeting new friends and visiting with old ones. Thanks for a fun weekend. Looking forward to the next gathering. ...Safe travels to all

pegmikef
04-19-2015, 08:01 AM
Tom and Marti, thanks for all your work. We had a great time and Peggy especially liked the proximity to her favorite fabric store, Creations, in Kerrville. Congrats on your new rig! It is a beauty.

RichPal
04-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Thanks to Tom and Marti for a fun rally. New friends were made and old friends were reunited. Home safely and rig is blocked and chocked.

TomMar
04-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Well the last rig has "left the building". We did not want to leave because we had such a great time. While we had 16 rigs on site, only 6 had been to a previous South Texas rally. Of the ten remaining rigs we had some old friends from other rallys and a lot of new friends. Y'all were part of making it a wonderful time, in spite of all of the rain. I trust everyone has made it safely to their next destination. Thank you everyone, Godspeed
:):):):)

Tom & Marti

jimtoo
04-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Thanks again Tom and Marti for a good time. We had a lot of great Heartlanders there, some old friends and some new ones now also. Also thanks to Ron Hoover for the breakfast burritos Saturday and to the others that donated the gifts.

Also thanks to Alamo Fiesta RV Resort (http://alamofiestarv.com/) for the use of the rally hall and also for allowing me to leave my rig parked on site till mid-afternoon while I went into SA for a Dr appointment Monday.

Thanks again to everyone for being a friend.

Jim and Bette M

TomMar
04-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Thanks again Tom and Marti for a good time. We had a lot of great Heartlanders there, some old friends and some new ones now also. Also thanks to Ron Hoover for the breakfast burritos Saturday and to the others that donated the gifts.

Also thanks to Alamo Fiesta RV Resort (http://alamofiestarv.com/) for the use of the rally hall and also for allowing me to leave my rig parked on site till mid-afternoon while I went into SA for a Dr appointment Monday.

Thanks again to everyone for being a friend.

Jim and Bette M

Thank you Jim for catching my oversight of Ron Hoover - Boerne and Alamo Fiesta RV Resort. Ron Hoover's Tacos fed a lot of mouths Saturday morning and more on Sunday. Alamo Fiesta was very gracious for this of us that checked out late. Thanks to all

TomMar
04-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Photo for all

8amps
04-21-2015, 05:05 PM
36197We did our best to finish the bottle but didn't quite make it! Had fun trying though!