PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Goshen Rally - Leisure Time Activities (LTA)

2psnapod1
01-24-2015, 12:18 PM
I'm looking for people interested in sharing their talents (although you may not think it's a talent) at the Goshen Rally in June. I am seeking attendees for demonstrations, presentations, hands-on how-tos of activities you enjoy doing in your leisure time that you feel others may have an interest in.

Examples include (but are not limited to): Photography, painting, knitting, crochet, woodwork, jewelry making, gaming, metal work, stained glass, culinary, macrame, couponing, collecting, exercise, needlework...etc etc etc.

In the past we have had Heartland members share: loom knitting, jewelry making, the games of Munzee & Geocache, woodworking, Mary Kay, a small sewing project, tips on convection oven use, blogging, a greeting card activity, a morning exercise class and MORE! We've even had a 'show & share' time where Heartlanders have brought in their projects to share with others. It's a wonderful time.

Please consider sharing your leisure time activities with others while attending the rally. Contact me, Kelly Barnett, via email at 2psnapod1@gmail.com. I'm looking forward to hearing from you! :o

2psnapod1
02-02-2015, 07:04 AM
I have several presenters that have agreed to present again this year but am still looking for people that would like to share their favorite Leisure Time Activities with others. No experience presenting necessary! It's a very laid back and informal setting.

You can either message me here, call me (334-730-5476). email me (2psnapod1@gmail.com) or get a hold of me via Facebook (Kelly Evans Barnett). Can't wait to hear from you!

2psnapod1
02-17-2015, 08:50 AM
I still have a couple of openings for anyone that would like to share their leisure time activities with others at the Goshen Rally. Please let me know if you'd like to help out.

I'm pretty excited as we have some pretty awesome classes this year including a "Line Dancing Intro" class & for those ladies (guys too, I guess!) that would like to feminize their rally shirts a bit we'll be having a 'Pimp Your T' class. We'll also continue to offer the 'Wake Up Workout' class (Monday - Friday).

2psnapod1
02-17-2015, 08:56 AM
I thought I had already posted this but I guess I must have dreamt it!

In 2013 it was mentioned that an evening get together might be fun. A time to gather in the LTA room or rally hall (depending on how many are interested) to work on crafts, get help with a craft or to play games (cards, Mexican Train, whatever)etc. Nothing structured just come as you are and craft, visit, play a game etc. I'd like to know how many would be interested in something like that? Please comment and let me know your thoughts!

Rottiesmom
02-17-2015, 11:13 AM

In 2013 it was mentioned that an evening get together might be fun. A time to gather in the LTA room or rally hall (depending on how many are interested) to work on crafts, get help with a craft or to play games (cards, Mexican Train, whatever)etc. Nothing structured just come as you are and craft, visit, play a game etc. I'd like to know how many would be interested in something like that? Please comment and let me know your thoughts!

I think this is a great idea. I know last year in Urbana they kept the hall open to 11:00 for people to play games, or whatever they wanted and I meet a number of new people that I probably may not have gotten to know better hanging out plus I was introduced to the Mexican Train game and now I am hooked! Great way for new members to feel welcomed too.

2psnapod1
02-17-2015, 11:46 AM
Haven't worked out any details yet...don't know if it will be for 1 night (or more) or the time frame but if we have enough interest...I say, 'Let's do it!'

lindaw
02-17-2015, 01:05 PM

In 2013 it was mentioned that an evening get together might be fun. A time to gather in the LTA room or rally hall (depending on how many are interested) to work on crafts, get help with a craft or to play games (cards, Mexican Train, whatever)etc. Nothing structured just come as you are and craft, visit, play a game etc. I'd like to know how many would be interested in something like that? Please comment and let me know your thoughts! That's sounds like an excellent idea Kelly for crafting or games.
Linda

jo9463
02-17-2015, 02:41 PM

I love the idea of having an opportunity to play games in the evening time. It's a great time to meet new people and catch up with people you only see at rallies.

jassson007
02-17-2015, 02:44 PM
You will just have to kick her out at closing time though. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jo9463
02-17-2015, 02:46 PM
You will just have to kick her out at closing time though. Lol

No, you can be a gentleman and come and get me at closing time to walk me home.

jassson007
02-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Yeah uh huh.

nander
02-20-2015, 11:27 AM

This sounds good to me!

TravelTiger
02-20-2015, 12:45 PM
This sounds good to me!

Me too!

One of the LTAs (I forget which rally) was bringing your rig decorating and modification ideas to share. This would not cost a presenter any money or prep, but a great way to swap ideas and "ooh and aaah!" We could also do rig-touring. We have enjoyed doing this at the North Texas Chapter Rallies.

2psnapod1
05-01-2015, 12:20 PM
I have a couple of spots open for anyone that would be interested in putting together a class/presentation of your favorite Leisure Time Activity. Beginning Crochet? Photography? Cake decorating? Woodworking? Rug Hooking? Embroidery? Square Dancing? Basic Knitting? Sushi making? All ideas welcome! Just send me a message with your ideas...I'd love to hear from you!

Kelly Barnett
2psnapod1@gmail.com

Nabo
05-01-2015, 01:34 PM
ah - beginning crochet. I would take that class. Anyone up to teach it?????

Rodbuster
05-01-2015, 02:36 PM

Geeze Nathan....your golf scores can't be that bad.

Nabo
05-01-2015, 02:40 PM
rodbuster - something else to do in my spare time.

jbeletti
05-03-2015, 08:33 AM
Hey Goshen Rally attendees,

Do you make something/sell products you want to vend at the rally? Click here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/52156) to learn more about this opportunity.

Note this is not the Heartlander to Heartlander "For Sale" table to get rid of an item or two you're not using. We'll have that table setup as we've done in the past.

This is an actual vending opportunity where you'll sit at your table and vend your wares.

VKTalley
05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Byrd, I take it that you'd like to learn how to crochet?

lindaw
05-04-2015, 08:07 AM
ah - beginning crochet. I would take that class. Anyone up to teach it????? I would say that Ann Parrish or Valerie either one could
teach that class.
Lnda

Nabo
05-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Cool - sign them up as instructors please.

2psnapod1
05-07-2015, 01:12 PM
If either Val or Anne are interested in presenting a beginning crochet class contact me via email at 2psnapod1@gmail.com ASAP so I can get you on the schedule. Unfortunately we have very little phone service where we are currently located.

2psnapod1
05-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Your wish is my command, Byrd! Val has agreed to teach a Beginning Crochet class...woohoo! Thank you for the suggestion, Byrd and thank you for offering to help us out, Val!

Nabo
05-09-2015, 10:23 AM
I'll be there with bells on my toes. As Val starts to prepare for the class - a suggestion might be before rally time that if each participant might need to bring anything or supplies, a list will be provided of exactly what is needed (cuz I know nothing about crocheting). Thanks

pegmikef
05-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Hey Mike, when you are finished getting all your input are you planning on publishing a list of the activities you have lined up? I know Peggy would probably be interested in attending some of them. Thanks, Mike

2psnapod1
05-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Byrd - I think that Val is planning on putting together kits for each of the participants and will charge a small fee to cover the cost.

2psnapod1
05-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Hey Mike, when you are finished getting all your input are you planning on publishing a list of the activities you have lined up? I know Peggy would probably be interested in attending some of them. Thanks, Mike

Mike....This is Kelly...Michael's 2psnapod2....I'm number 1! LOL I'm not sure what Jim Bs plan is but I think we might be able to post a copy of the finalized LTA agenda prior to the rally.

jbeletti
05-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Hi Mike - yes indeed. We have integrated the LTA items into the Seminar and Presentations schedule and I'll be posting the update soon. Additionally, we plan to have a separate guide listing the LTA items by themselves.

pegmikef
05-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Hi Mike - yes indeed. We have integrated the LTA items into the Seminar and Presentations schedule and I'll be posting the update soon. Additionally, we plan to have a separate guide listing the LTA items by themselves.

Thanks Jim!

VKTalley
05-09-2015, 11:58 AM
I'll be there with bells on my toes. As Val starts to prepare for the class - a suggestion might be before rally time that if each participant might need to bring anything or supplies, a list will be provided of exactly what is needed (cuz I know nothing about crocheting). Thanks

As Kelly also noted, I am working on a kit with the supplies. I will try to have it finalized so I know the cost per person soon.

2psnapod1
06-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Calling all Crocheters! I'm looking for someone that will be at the National Rally and knows how to crochet...just general knowledge should do just fine. We will be having a 'Beginning Crochet' class and I was hoping to find someone to assist the presenter in case we have a large turnout. If you'd be willing to help out please let me know as soon as possible. You can contact me by phone: 334-730-5476 email: 2psnapod1@gmail.com or you can PM via the Heartland forum

Nabo
06-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Extra hands would be cool. Has Valerie given a cost for the class yet? I'm in for taking the class.

Nabo
06-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Another question - if an instructor has handouts, are they going to print them out to give in class or will ya'll have an area within the rally section that we can download the info from? Download would be fine, in that it would be up to each participant to handle how they want to handle obtaining that info.

GETnBYE
06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Your wish is my command, Byrd! Val has agreed to teach a Beginning Crochet class...woohoo! Thank you for the suggestion, Byrd and thank you for offering to help us out, Val!
Kelly, when is the class. If we don't have plans, I am happy to help a beginner.

Nabo
06-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Anita - Wednesday at 10 am for 2 hours.

2psnapod1
06-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Another question - if an instructor has handouts, are they going to print them out to give in class or will ya'll have an area within the rally section that we can download the info from? Download would be fine, in that it would be up to each participant to handle how they want to handle obtaining that info.

Byrd - Copies will be available of all handouts at each class and I also have a copy on file that I can email to anyone that might need it.

2psnapod1
06-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Extra hands would be cool. Has Valerie given a cost for the class yet? I'm in for taking the class.

$5 covers the washcloth kit. Kits limited to 15 participants but others who bring their own supplies are welcome too. Contact Val for supply list. talleyfamily@gmail.com

2psnapod1
06-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Kelly, when is the class. If we don't have plans, I am happy to help a beginner.

Nita I would be indebted to you for life! Byrd is correct the class is scheduled for Wednesday 6/17 from 10:00 - 12:00 in the History Room.

Nabo
06-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Hey - I'm just excited. Always wanted to learn to crochet but never could understand the instruction from a book. I'm a hands-on person.
Come on everyone, let's make this a great class.

GETnBYE
06-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Indebted for.life..evil grin..:angel:, I will dig out a crochet needle and pack it.

Nita I would be indebted to you for life! Byrd is correct the class is scheduled for Wednesday 6/17 from 10:00 - 12:00 in the History Room.

GETnBYE
06-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Byrd, I can relate to not wanting to learn to read patterns, but if you love it, you will want to know down the road, trust me. And it's not hard at all. Youtube videos are great. And just keep a cheat sheet handy until you learn the stitches.(found in must pattern books) or even online I am sure. The hard part is getting comfortable with it and as with anything, just takes time.

Hey - I'm just excited. Always wanted to learn to crochet but never could understand the instruction from a book. I'm a hands-on person.

NWILSON
06-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Any other Toyhaulers bringing their motorcycle(s)?

2psnapod1
06-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Woohoo! Awesomeness! Thank you much Nita...I know Val will be quite appreciative!

VKTalley
06-08-2015, 06:00 PM

HI Byrd, thanks for the excitement! I will be showing you how to read a simple pattern and, like Anita mentioned, there are great online places to get help when you get stuck. I have used some of those resources when I'm learning a new or unfamiliar stitch. Yes, I do have handouts for the class. :-)

Anita, I will be very happy to have you help during and after the class! The more hands helping the better.

See everyone who are already in Goshen tomorrow (June 9th) and everyone who will be arriving later. Looking forward to a great rally!

2psnapod1
06-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Any other Toyhaulers bringing their motorcycle(s)?

I know Lou & Bette will have theirs...

Rottiesmom
06-08-2015, 08:39 PM

I think this is awesome I always wanted to learn how to Crochet I guess I will find out what supplies I will need before the class i.e. type of yarn, needle etc. Thank you ladies for giving us non crocheters a chance to learn and giving up some of your free time.

2psnapod1
06-08-2015, 08:42 PM
I think this is awesome I always wanted to learn how to Crochet I guess I will find out what supplies I will need before the class i.e. type of yarn, needle etc. Thank you ladies for giving us non crocheters a chance to learn and giving up some of your free time.

If you don't want to worry about finding the supplies Val will have 15 'kits' available for $5.00 and that will include everything you'll need.

yorkiemom
06-15-2015, 09:27 PM
Hi All, just a reminder I will be hosting a Mary Kay pamper session on Thursday at 10am, History Room. I'm thinking about doing Microderm Abrasion on everyone, and there will be other skincare products to try. Please join me. Attendees have a chance to win one of several door prizes and everyone will receive samples and a 10% off coupon.