Fantastic Vent & Controls

ndmac

I have Fantastic Vent in my 2015 4200 Cyclone and not sure how to control it without a ladder?
I have one UP/DOWN switch in my control center that appears to do nothing and wondering if others can assist me.
Here is a picture of my Fantastic vent and UP/DOWN switch in lower Right hand corner of control center show in the picture.

No thermostat option on fan - no thermostat on wall..so I eliminate that as control option.

I there a power switch on the fan I am missing?

FYI...I have not tried to manually open it yet to test...going to bring step ladder for that.

Attachments

• IMG_2903.jpg
    IMG_2903.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 79

danemayer

Our Fantastic Fan in the kitchen is controlled by a thermostat on the wall, located next to the furnace-A/C thermostat.

ndmac

Danemayer,Thanks for reply...think I might have figured it out....Fuse! Brand new RV...little fuse...LOL it happens!

avvidclif

Mine has the unlabelled Up/Down switch as does yours (bottom right) and it controls the fan???? I guess "up" means top up and fan on, down is off and closed. Go figure. That's how mine works.

ndmac

Mine has the unlabelled Up/Down switch as does yours (bottom right) and it controls the fan???? I guess "up" means top up and fan on, down is off and closed. Go figure. That's how mine works.

Did you have to turn on anything at the fan? Fuse replaced still no worky! Hummm.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did you turn it on at the speed selector knob on the fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61Hawks

I had the exact same problem. The up/down switch did nothing. I got into the back of the panel and found no wires attached to the switch. Took it to the dealer and they found no wires at all for the switch. They took the fan out and replaced it with a remote control fan. I actually like it much better. I am now going to use the switch for led strip lighting under the counter edge.

ndmac

I had the exact same problem. The up/down switch did nothing. I got into the back of the panel and found no wires attached to the switch. Took it to the dealer and they found no wires at all for the switch. They took the fan out and replaced it with a remote control fan. I actually like it much better. I am now going to use the switch for led strip lighting under the counter edge.

61Hawks,
I have not pulled the switch. I will take a look at that tonight. Argh. LOL
Still love the 4200, just expect more out of the craftsmanship in this country. Disappointing.

ndmac

JohnDar....it was the speed control knob. It was set @ 0, once I turned it to 1 the UP/DOWN switch controlled it.

Guess I thought you could open vent without fan running, but guess not.

Anyhow, all is good now!

Thank you everyone for your help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can open the vent only.
Turn the fan speed to 0, then pull the four sided knob down till it clicks then turn it counter clockwise.
After you close it again be sure to push the knob up into place and set the fan speed where you want it.

Peace
Dave

ndmac

You can open the vent only.
Turn the fan speed to 0, then pull the four sided knob down till it clicks then turn it counter clockwise.
After you close it again be sure to push the knob up into place and set the fan speed where you want it.

Peace
Dave

Cookie,
Thanks I will give that a try.