Shower Door Problem

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A shower door question, the door was fine this weekend. Today I went to open it and it apparently has dropped. I have to pull up on the towel rack to open it. I am assuming that it has some kind of adjustment up and down. I did see some screws on the inside edge of the door. I just dont want to break the glass. Any advise on how to adjust it???:confused: Bob:D

talley

Hope your post gets a good response!!! I have had the same trouble ever since we bought the model 3655. Dealer adjusted the shower door on three occasions in the first year. Adjustments lasted about one week. Last time was last October, just before the warranty was up. Tech. tried to open the door without pulling up and it shattered. Installed new door and after one week it hung on the lower frame. Still have to pull up on the door. Calling Heartland or the shower mfg is still on my "to do list".

rustyone

Two problems that have happened to me. First the weatherstrip that is located on the bottom of the shower door slipped down and was catching on the shower door lower rail. Second there is a magnetic strip that holds the door shut. A small plastic keeper that is located at the top and bottom of this strip to keep the strip in position. The lower one came out allowing the strip to drop down enough to interfere with the closing and opening.

Hope this helps,

Cliff

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
The first thing that comes to mind is check the channel that is attached to the bottom of the shower door. Its the piece that has the plastic or rubber water seal attached to keep water from going out the door bottom. There has been a number of us ,that had this come off and had to apply adhesive to put back on. Check to see if it hasn't started to come off and binding the door....Ken

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
shower door

Well guys I found the problem with door. On the inside of the door on the vertical frame ( opposite side side from the hinge frame ) there is a hard plastic w/strip-seal. It had slid down and was hanging up on the lower sash/ gutter under the door. I slid it up aways, glued it, and slid it back in place. Problem solved.. Thanks for all the advise.:) Bob:D:D:eek: