St. Peters MO RV Park - Storm Damage

AAdams

We are in St. Peters MO staying at a park there. A strong storm came through about two hours ago and did some damage to rigs in the other section from where we are. No one was seriously hurt. The people in the Wilderness were in the rig and spun and flipped all the way over landing back on the wheels. The person in the Winnebago and Big Country were not there. The people in the Montana were able to get out with the help of the fire rescue.

20150515_150531.jpg20150515_153110.jpg20150515_155147.jpg20150515_155017.jpg20150515_152623.jpg20150515_155126.jpg

happykraut

Just saw it on TV. That park is only a few miles from our house. I'll be heading down there in a few minutes to see if I can be of any help. Not sure if I can get in, but the news did say that the park will be open this evening. My BH is stored just 4 miles or so from there. I'll run by there too to check it out.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
How scary! Was there warning the storms were severe in nature? Was it straight line winds, or do they suspect tornadic winds?

DocFather

That line of storms is headed right at my area in the next couple of hours. Hopefully it will dissipate. I hope all is well there

AAdams

One person said they say a water spout form over the lake and come on shore. The winds were real strong and appeared to be straight line from what I was seeing. We didn't have any damage and really didn't shake much at all. The wind hit us almost straight on. The section of the park that was hit is about 150 yards from us. They have already put the units upright and removed one of them. As far as warnings, there was a severe thunderstorm warning and up to 50 mph winds.

DocFather, I hope it does dissipate before it gets that far.

Be safe
Alan

happykraut

Alan and Deb it was nice meeting you guys. Glad you escaped that mess. I'll post a couple more pics tomorrow.

dlw930

That's pretty scary!! We were just there 3 or 4 weeks ago! I hope no one was hurt. I'll look for your pics, Bernie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulh

Those storms make this westerner a little nervous about heading to the midwest to attend the National Rally in just three weeks. I hope everybody is OK. I guess you just buy your ticket and take your chances, huh?

olcoon

WOW! We didn't hardly have any winds here in KC! Glad there weren't any major injuries, doesn't look like the campers faired as well as the people!

Bernie, I'm assuming your rig wasn't damaged?

danemayer

Those storms make this westerner a little nervous about heading to the midwest to attend the National Rally in just three weeks. I hope everybody is OK. I guess you just buy your ticket and take your chances, huh?
By the time of the rally, you probably only have to watch out for your awning.

MCTalley

That overturned BC is an early 3690SL like the one we used to have. I know where they can find a nice replacement unit, complete with redone flooring and several other modifications. :)

Seriously, though, glad it wasn't worse and hope everyone fares well.

olcoon

Every part of the world has their own natural disasters, and the people living there don't think much about it, accept it as part of life and keep on truckin. I've grown up with tornados & straight line winds, they've been around all my life. A few years the tornado sirens were going off, DW wanted to go to the basement, I said go ahead & went back to sleep. about 3 miles down the road a bunch of houses were destroyed from a tornado. I hear the stories about earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. and wonder why people live in areas where that stuff happens. I'd probably go back to bed if I lived there!

Glad your rig was OK Bernie!

JanAndBill

We're a 100 miles west just had rain. On the gulf 3 weeks ago storm came through with 60 mph straight line winds. We were nose to the wind so it didn't do much. One of our friends caught it broadside. It lifted the trailer a few inches on one side and slammed back down. No damage but scared them.

happykraut

A few more shots of the storm damage. The Montana had been laying on its side. I heard that the BC owners were't even there when the storm hit.2015-05-15 18.45.22.jpg2015-05-15 18.52.51.jpg2015-05-15 19.45.43.jpg2015-05-15 19.50.42.jpg2015-05-15 19.50.47.jpg2015-05-15 18.51.31.jpg2015-05-15 18.53.47.jpg2015-05-15 19.50.36.jpg2015-05-15 19.50.43.jpg