Rainout in the Lone Star State

SilverRhino

Sorry...... I have to disagree! This rain is awesome.....lakes supplying water are all up, helping to provide us with drinking water. I'll just put on my boots and cap and keep enjoying it, won't be long and we will be wishing we had it back!! :) :)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
But those of us in se tx and swla are already over our yearly total by 10" and more in some places. There is a such thing as too much of a good thing. Not even soaking in here anymore just running off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Living in Texas within 50 feet of shoreline of a lake that's a foot over flood stage with 4" predicted on already saturated ground, I'm a little concerned... But I do like the 60s-70s vs 90s+ temperature wise!!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Almost June and temps have not made it above 90 in setx or swla

pegmikef

Tired of all the rain here in Texas!!
Bring on the sunshine please!!

Whoa, I guess circus doesn't live in west Texas where every drop of water is considered gold and nobody would dare wish for the rain to stop! We have seen our lakes almost dry for five years now and will take every drop that falls.

MagnoliaTom

I agree. Need some sunshine! Rain is great to a point but when all the rain just runs off and causes flooding, that's no bueno. My yard is a swamp now and the frogs have taken over!

pegmikef

I agree. Need some sunshine! Rain is great to a point but when all the rain just runs off and causes flooding, that's no bueno. My yard is a swamp now and the frogs have taken over!

As soon as our lakes are full I will heartily agree with you . . it is the run off that is filling our creeks, rives and lakes.

MagnoliaTom

As soon as our lakes are full I will heartily agree with you . . it is the run off that is filling our creeks, rives and lakes.

Don't know where you are but lake Somerville (closest to us) has boat ramps and parts of the Rv park closed due to flooding. I'd say it's pretty full now

TxCowboy

For all of you living in West Texas, I understand you're wanting rain. For those of us in South and SE Texas, we've had enough already.

Trying to get to the Coastal Bend area this weekend -- not sure it's going to happen. :(

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Come a little bit east (east TN) and freeze. Can't believe I'm having to dig out the long pants and even long johns in that's it's only 50 now and forecasted to get down to the low 40's or even upper 30's. Can anyone say WINTERRRRR?

dlw930

Quite a few TX state parks and COE campgrounds are closed due to high water or water issues. I expect cattails to be growing in my yard any day now, waterfowl to follow shortly thereafter.

TxCowboy

Quite a few TX state parks and COE campgrounds are closed due to high water or water issues. I expect cattails to be growing in my yard any day now, waterfowl to follow shortly thereafter.

No cattails yet but I passed several road ditches this week that have water lilies growing in them. In May. In South Texas.

Just...wow. :(

HornedToad

After a ten year drought... it's time.

When Lake Travis fills up I'll be happy,
10 ft up with 50 to go!!!

dlw930

I saw an aerial photo of Lake Travis taken recently. Gonna take a while to hide all the brown with blue.

TxCowboy

I'd like to see Lake Medina fill up too. It's been less than 5 percent for the past several years and this week was up to 17% or so.

scottyb

Amen to that!

We live across the street from Lake Travis. Historically, it has usually filled up after a severe drought, from a dying hurricane. If it fills up in a hurry, it's gonna be a hechuva mess. It has been lined with boat docks sitting on dry ground since 2011. If the Pedernales floods, they will all get washed down stream. This has happened in the past.

pegmikef

Don't know where you are but lake Somerville (closest to us) has boat ramps and parts of the Rv park closed due to flooding. I'd say it's pretty full now

San Angelo, Texas and all the lakes in the area except two are less than 40 percent. Lake Amistad (Del Rio) is 56 percent, and Lake Nasworthy, the lake our house is on is 92 percent (was 70 percent before the rain). All the others Spence, Ivey, Twin Buttes, and O.C. Fisher are all less than 40 percent.

MagnoliaTom

Spent a lot of time in del rio (Acuna) while in college. Made at least 2-3 road trips there each semester. Crosbys bar tenders all knew me