Looks like diesel prices might be going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Neither am I. lol Although I work in the Petrochemical business and you would be surprised what they are doing now. Extracting from the tar sands up in Canada and there is a big project up in Colorado that Shell just kicked off. They are burying heaters underground to cook the oil out of the shale rock. One of the companies that I have worked for just got the contract to install the heaters. Most poeple don't realize that there are reserves underground, in Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming that rival the oil they have in the Middle East. So nothing surprises me anymore.
Fred

Clark

We will probably be exporting the results of the refining to China and Japan, just like we have been for the Alaska North Shore Oil production. More money for the oil companies that way than if they sell it in the U.S.
Clark

StevieWonder

More money for the oil companies that way than if they sell it in the U.S.

I assume you have some factual backup for this statement. :eek:

You could embelish it with black helicopters, full tankers offshore waiting for prices to increase, intentional refinery outages, etc. :(

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I'd buy the Air Force fuel, if it was available. I don't mind paying $3 if the money would just stay here...rather than in Venezuela...or Abu Dhabi:mad:

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Yes definately I would not mind either if the money stayed in NA
Wayne

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Call me a skeptic, but I hardly see the cost decreasing that dramatically. The US Government has had this technology around for some time and hasn't used it, yet. And...what about all that oil reserves in Mexico that was supposed to be tapped into 2 years ago? To borrow someone else's phrase, The American people are nothing more then "Sheeple" and blindly follow and believe whatever is said that will make them feel good. I'd love to see some technology put to use in our backyard.

I guess I'm just tired and cranky this evening.....

snuffy

A TV commercial from 1964 that still sticks in my mind was "A country that runs on oil can't afford to run short." Then in 1974 an oil embargo and shortage. So what have we done in the last 45 years. Record profits for the oil companies, all the independents run out of business, and the statement "there is no conspiracy to control prices".............give me a break.

garyandbarb

Meandering Canucks
We can only hope for a correction. We are in Canada with the largest proven reserves in the world and are paying $1.20 per litre. or $4.35 per gallon

StevieWonder

Even Canada is gripped by the plot.

Even Iran ... they ration gasoline.

It's just amazing how those dastardly oil companies can control the governments in such a wide variety of countries with such a diversity of societies. Amazing. :rolleyes:

ct0218

I agree--perhaps we should nationalize the oil industry here--let the Feds control it. That should work since they are so efficient, and the price would probably only double! Twenty, thirty years ago the US controlled it's own economy (and most of the worlds economies), but today it is a global economy and with the weakening dollar we have less and less control. One thing is for certain-China, India and a few other rapidly developing countries will control more and more of the world economy and we will control less.

snuffy

I agree--perhaps we should nationalize the oil industry here--let the Feds control it. That should work since they are so efficient, and the price would probably only double! Twenty, thirty years ago the US controlled it's own economy (and most of the worlds economies), but today it is a global economy and with the weakening dollar we have less and less control. One thing is for certain-China, India and a few other rapidly developing countries will control more and more of the world economy and we will control less.

And the US govt. will do all it can to help.

Tom of Ypsi

Diesel prices around here, Lake Wales, Fl, went down 4 cents to $3.95. I do not know what I will do with my $2.00 windfall but I am sure the government will take care of that.

jpmorgan37

Let's go easy folks, we don't want to get too political here on the forum. Remember, this is owners helping owners.

Thanks for understanding,

John

Uncle Rog

Diesel in Furnace Creek on Sun 3/30 was $4.92 gal, glad the 48 gal tank got me back to Yermo to a cheap $4.09................

Status
Not open for further replies.