Best vent covers

Snow

Just wondering which of the vent covers y'all like best and the pros and cons of each the two Iam looking at are the Fantastic vent and the Max air and help or thoughts are appreciated thanks ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Last edited by a moderator:

DWChris

I got the Fantastic. Really like it. Very little to any restriction on airflow. Does a good job of keeping out rain unless it's blowing rain right at the opening. But I recommend the Fantastic. Had the Max air on my previous unit and while really good - I noticed more restriction on the air movement on it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The MaxAir II's are excellent and should fit perfect on your 2013.

I had one on our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner and took five minutes to install.

I removed it before we traded it in so I could put it on our new Prowler.

But low and behold . . . a new roof vent is being used on the new trailers and the mounting brackets don't fit.

And MaxAir doesn't seem to be interested in supporting these new vents for some reason.

I will try again to make some new brackets, however, we have three vents on our Prowler so I think I might be better off to find some new vent covers that are made to fit these new roof vents.

Here are some shots of the new fangled vents, plus my attempt at mounting the MaxAir II's:

ProwlerVentLid-P1000086.jpg ProwlerVentLidInside-P1000092.jpg MaxAirIIbracket-P1000332.jpg MaxAirIIbracket-P1000335.jpg MaxAirIIbracket-P1000334.jpg MaxAirIIbracket-P1000336.jpg MaxAirIIbracket-P1000338.jpg MaxAirIIbracket-P1000341.jpg MaxAirIIbracket-P1000342.jpg MaxAirIIbracket-P1000344.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I got an email response from Ventline/Dexter:

Thank you for your email submitted through the Ventline website. I’m not sure specifically about the MaxxAir II cover but some of the Maxxair covers will fit on our new roof vents with the plastic flange (V3092 and V3094 series). Maxxair covers produced after July 1, 2014 have the hardware kits so they can be installed on either our vents with the metal flange or the plastic flange. Product prior to that time just has the hardware for the metal flange. Customers can call Maxxair’s customer service department for that hardware (316) 832-4357
The maxxair.com website has video of installations on both flange types.