Start and Stopping Hydrolic Slide

dana22

Hi, we have a 2016 Landmark with 3 slides, 2 of which are hydrolic. These slides will start and stop when taking them out or bringing them inside. We'd like to know how to troubleshoot this. The batteries are fine, so they aren't the issue. Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you!

TrailCreek

There is a fuse (electronic and maybe called a Fusetron) in the battery compartment. They get weak and have to be replaced. We had the same problem with our 2017 Newport. Actually, it's in the middle of a bunch of them on a buss. You should be able to change it out. Be sure to disconnect the battery.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Bob.jr

It's a 50 amp breaker. Replace it with an 80 amp. Most everyone else with that problem has done so.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

dana22

Yes I would like to know where the 80 amp breaker should be mounted and which fuse in the battery compartment is the problem and should be replaced.

TrailCreek

There is no set order, from what I understand. Just how the electrician wires them that day. The breaker resets on it's own so testing will be difficult. The good news is that not all of the stack breakers are 50 amp. Have someone run the slide until it stops while you monitor a breaker with the multimeter. Be sure to check the load side as the line side is always hot. My load is the left side. You can trace the line side back to the battery disconnect switch. Check each one until you find the problem. The hard part is disassembling the stack of breakers to be able to remove and replace the bad one, then reassembling the stack. If you have enough wire, put the slide breaker in last, in case you have the problem in the future. Be sure to disconnect the battery before taking anything apart.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Prace

Hi, we have a 2016 Landmark with 3 slides, 2 of which are hydrolic. These slides will start and stop when taking them out or bringing them inside. We'd like to know how to troubleshoot this. The batteries are fine, so they aren't the issue. Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Lippert recommends putting in the 80 amp with a manual reset I was in able to get a 80 amp auto reset. I got all necessary parts on Amazon which included the correct gage wire to mont it below all other fuses. This resolved my problem with the same vintage 5 th wheel as you. Good luck. Mine totally quit and a mobile RV repair technician talked me through manual operation of the pump with my cordless drill and A 1/4” Allen bit in the drill down through the top of the motor to run the pump. Worked like a charm with the wife operating the switch. This is all described in the owners manual.