PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, SW Albuquerque - 5/5/2016 to 5/8/2016

Doublegranch
09-22-2015, 09:47 PM
13500 Central Ave, SW Albuquerque, NM 87121

Venue:
------------------------------

American RV Resort - Albuquerque, NM
13500 Central Ave
SW Albuquerque, NM 87121
Garry Gilbert, Mountain Regional Director 1 520 455 0237
http://www.americanrvpark.com/
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:

Details:

Number of sites held: 15
Register by end of day 2/15/2016
Site fee: $$36.34 per night per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/5/2010
Potluck time: 5:00pm

Event Leader: Doublegranch(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=16020)

Additional Info:
Welcome all HOC Members to the New Mexico Chapter 2016 Rally. Since NM does not currently have a Chapter Leader, I will be hosting the Rally for the Chapter.

This is a GREAT RV RESORT to enjoy, including a pool, dog park, play area and all the amenities. Each RV Site has a concrete level pad to park your rig!! This is a very clean and well kept resort and wonderful staff.

All our activities will be held in the Events Room. Normally this beautiful room costs $400 per night, however it will be waived for this Rally. This room has full Kitchen facilities, restrooms, Fireplace and all the Tables and chairs. This is an exceptional value for this Rally!

Rally space initially held at 15 sites with the option to add more as required.

In support for all Chapters within the Mountain Region, lets all head over to the Colo Rally in Buena Vista after attending this Rally!!!

RESERVATIONS:
RSVP on this Rally Thread. No deposit is required at this time. We were able to get the one nights deposit waived at time of booking the Rally. Once the name list is released on Feb 12, 2016, each attendee will receive an email to call the Resort for a one nights deposit. The deposit is 100% refundable up to 8 days prior to the Rally.

Let me know at the time of your RSVP if you would like to join the Group Dinner!!!!

Events:

Every morning 8-10 AM the Resort will host a Continental Breakfast for all guests.

Thur: May 5
Check in and Set up.
4 pm Social hour held at the Events Room..bring a drink of choice.
5 pm Pot luck...Chapter will provide Large size Peel n Eat Shrimp. Bring a side dish and your drink of choice and eating utensils.

Fri: May 6
6 PM....STEAL A GIFT NIGHT.....Each Rig or each person, "your choice" Bring a unwrapped gift valued between $10-15. This does not have to be RV related. Each gift will receive one ticket for this game evening. After all tickets have been drawn and all the gifts taken or stolen, we will draw one extra number who will have the final STEAL of the evening....Take any gift that has been issued for the evening in exchange for the one you have in your possession.

Sat: May 7...........Event Room has been rented for the night....
5 PM......Group Dinner at "Church St Cafe"....a wonderful Mexican Restaurant a few miles from the Resort. Dinner cost will be paid by each person attending.
I have two tables of 10 & one table of 4 reserved.

Sun: May 8

Check out....

NOTE: SITE NUMBERS WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNTIL CHECK IN, HOWEVER WE DO HAVE A BLOCK FOR OUR GROUP.
Highlighted in Red shows Deposit made:
Attendee List: .................................................. .......Early arrivals

Attendees
Chaper
Hoc
Username
Rig
Site
Dinner
Arrive
Depart

Garry Gilbert
Mtn RD
doublegranch
North Trail

Yes
4th
9th

Anthony & Andrea Finney
AZ
awfinney
Big Horn

Yes
5th
8th

Jim Arganbright & Jei
AZ
jargan
Big Horn

Yes
4th
8th

Shelley & Howard Blake
NM
Rockin_Dollar_B
Gateway

Yes
4th
8th

Gregg & Linda Wibbels
CO
gwalter
Silverardo

Yes
5th
9th

Terry & Shiela Sprayberry
NM
RodPittman
Landmark

Yes
4th
9th

Dareld & Sue Keetch
NM
dkeetc1
Big Country

Yes
4th
9th

Jeanne Cox
AZ
jwcox
North Trail

Yes
4th
8th

Lou & Betty Dick
TX
Lou_and_Bette
Big Horn

Yes
2nd
9th

Ted & Ann Rissel
AZ
tedrissel
Landmark

Yes
3rd
9th

Steve & Ginger Ahrens
AZ
Chiefaret
North Trail

No
5th
8th

Richard & Vicki Allen
AZ
RVallen
Big Country

No
5th
8th

Len & Susan Trujillo
NV
RoadJunkie
Big Horn

No

Auquie & Cheryl Henry
NM
Akrebel
Big Horn

Yes
5th
8th

Ron-Cookie
09-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Hey Garry..... We want in... Add us to the list of attendees for the New Mexico Rally! We will roll in ono the 4th and out on the 9th...

gwalter
09-22-2015, 10:44 PM
We will plan on being there too. Also put us down for the dinner. See you Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jargan
09-22-2015, 10:46 PM
Dinner Reservations for:Jim Arganbright and Jie Liu

Larry&LyndaSmith
09-23-2015, 08:24 AM
Hi Garry:

Schedule us in on the 4th and out on the 9th. Also, we will be attending the dinner. Great choice in "Old Town".

Lynda and Larry Smith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Suekeetch
09-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Sue and Derald Keetch. In 4th out 9th. Count us in for the dinner. Can't wait.

jwcox
10-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Count me in for this one. Will arrive on the 4th and leave on the 8th. I'd also like to go to dinner on Saturday night.

Lou_and_Bette
10-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Garry, Bette and I would like to attend the rally. We would like to stay 2 May to 9 May, and count us in on the dinner. Will you be handling the reservations for the campground?

JohnD
10-25-2015, 10:26 PM
With this being the weekend before the Colorado rally, we probably won't be able to make this one (probably can't get both weekends off from work).

We'll see as we get closer to the deadline!

Doublegranch
10-25-2015, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Lou_and_Bette;453241]Garry, Bette and I would like to attend the rally. We would like to stay 2 May to 9 May, and count us in on the dinner. Will you be handling the reservations for the campground?

[Lou & Bette.....Welcome and thanks for joining this event......yes I will handle all reservations and post when everyone needs to call in for a deposit. Got you down for the dinner as well....Safe Travels....]

Doublegranch
12-09-2015, 04:06 PM
This "Thread" is very quiet....Hey NM Chapter Members...let's get you signed up for this Rally!!!!
This is a beautiful RV Resort featuring like minded Heartland Owners wanting to share stories and meet new friends..

Lou_and_Bette
12-09-2015, 09:35 PM
This rally will be the start of our "western" adventure. We plan on spending May through October in the Southwest this year. We have the month on September booked at the park where the Utah rally is being held. We will probably spend the month of May in New Mexico and would love to hear suggestions on where to stay and what to see/do in this state.

Doublegranch
12-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Lou & Bette:

I am sure someone from the New Mexico Chapter will respond to help you out. My knowledge of actual RV sites for the NM is limited to just a few cities.
Send me a PM if you don't get any help.

JohnD
12-09-2015, 11:17 PM
With this being the weekend before the Colorado rally, we probably won't be able to make this one (probably can't get both weekends off from work).

We'll see as we get closer to the deadline!

We are still in the 'maybe' stage . . .

As much as we want to come down there for this one, we are not sure if we can get the time off that close to the Colorado HOC Rally the following weekend to do both of them.

I'll let you know!

gwalter
12-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Lou & Bette, we are looking forward to meeting you at the NM Rally. The CO chapter is hosting our rally on May 12-15 in Buena Vista, CO which is about 300 miles north. Several of us are attending both rallies and would be happy to have you join us. There is quite a bit to see in Northern NM and this might give you a chance to hit the Santa Fe, Taos, and Angel Fire areas during May. The link to the CO rally is in my signature at the bottom.

JohnD
12-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Lou & Bette, we are looking forward to meeting you at the NM Rally. The CO chapter is hosting our rally on May 12-15 in Buena Vista, CO which is about 300 miles north. Several of us are attending both rallies and would be happy to have you join us. There is quite a bit to see in Northern NM and this might give you a chance to hit the Santa Fe, Taos, and Angel Fire areas during May. The link to the CO rally is in my signature at the bottom.

Taos, NM is one of our favorite places to go camping . . .

It's been about six years since our last visit . . . might have to fit that one in next year!

Maybe an HOC Rally there in the near future?????

Lou_and_Bette
12-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Gregg, hitting the Colorado rally is doable,so Bette is making reservations for 9-16 May. We will change our thinking and visit Colorado for a month and then back to NM. So, we now need suggestions for Colorado things to see and do.

Doublegranch
12-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Lou & Bette:
Happy you are joining the Colo Rally as well. I will be leaving NM for the Co Rally, perhaps we can caravan, there might be another rig or two joining as well.

Ann&Ted
12-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Hi Garry, I have no idea if my first attempt to enter this thread took, so I will try again.

Please sign Ann and I up for this Rally to arrive on Tuesday May 3rd and depart on Monday May 9th. Ann and I spent almost 3 weeks at the American RV resort last June when our old 5th wheel broke down and we purchased our new Landmark 365. We will also be able to say hello to our friends at La Mesa RV, which is right across the interstate from the Resort.

Thanks much,
Ted

Doublegranch
12-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Ted & Ann: Welcome, got you down.
Thanks for your support!

gwalter
12-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Ted & Ann, we look forward to meeting you at the Tucson Rally. There are at least 4 of us heading to Buena Vista for the CO Chapter Rally the weekend following the NM rally in Albuquerque. We would love to have you join us if you have the time.
Gregg

Ann&Ted
12-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Thanks Gregg, Ann and I are still considering the Colorado Rally. Looking forward to meeting you and Linda as well.

Ted

JohnD
12-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Thanks Gregg, Ann and I are still considering the Colorado Rally. Looking forward to meeting you and Linda as well.

Ted

We are a pretty wild group over here in Colorado . . .

We have a blast at our rallies . . . you won't want to miss it!

mcolson84
12-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Lou_and_Bette (https://www.heartlandowners.org/member.php/10273-Lou_and_Bette)
https://www.heartlandowners.org/images/statusicon/user-offline.png

I saw that you were wanting to tour NM a little bit. If I was going to do that I would buy an annual NM state park camping permit $225. That will allow you to camp in any state park for 14 days at a time. Then you can just look at the NM state parks website and see which ones have attractions you would like to see. If you have an atv or a motorcycle (as I can see you do) there are a ton of beautiful places to see. Some of my favorites are Hopewell Lake (near Chama, NM, lots of deer/elk/bear), Cottonwood campground (near Aztec, NM and the San Juan River Quality waters, world class fly fishing for trout), and Sims Mesa (Near Navajo Lake, good crappie fishing that time of year, and salmon later in June). There is plenty to do near any of those areas. Over by Angel Fire, NM/ Eagles Nest, NM there are also a ton of beautiful places to go. I don't stay in parks that often, as I prefer the solitude of being out away from lots of people. There is plenty of opportunity for that in NM!

As for Colorado, I know the southwestern are pretty well. You can spend months here and never get bored if you like mountains, 4x4, old ghost towns/mines, good food, and fishing. I would recommend Silverton, Ouray, Dolores, Telluride, Pagosa, Durango, Lake City, and South Fork. I run the mountains all summer long in our Ranger so I can watch the deer/elk/moose/bear. I also love looking at the old mines. You can do some great fishing in the streams too! My wife likes to shop for antiques in the numerous antique stores. Dolores has a great one! I also happen to like an icey cold beverage occasionally, and there just so happens to be a ton of micro brewery's with great tasting beer! If you have any questions please let me know, I will help you in anyway I can.

P.S. be ready for cold and snow in the areas I mentioned. Summer don't start till late June up here sometimes. It snowed at our house the last week of may this last year. but day time is beautiful! And also bring plenty of Tums. I have had many friends get bad headaches from altitude sickness when staying in some of these areas for several days or weeks.

Lou_and_Bette
12-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the info, Mike. I added your recommendations to our list. Was looking at CG in Angel Fire for a base in the north central area. We had decided to use Cortez, Co. as the base for south west Colorado to include riding the San Juan Skyway and many other locations in that area so thinking of staying more than a week. This "base camp" would serve for areas in northwest NM (Navajo Lake) southeast Utah (Moab) northeast AZ (Monument Valley) so we may need to make this a 2 week stay. I usually avoid National and State Parks but may need to give them a closer look. Have worked out list of things to do in Colorado and New Mexico. Working on Arizona now before starting on Utah, Nevada, and Southern California.

We are prepared for the colder areas in the mountains which will be a good change from the heat of the desert. Looking forward to seeing as much of the Southwest USA as possible next year.

JohnD
12-19-2015, 11:46 PM
There is so much to see and do here in Colorado that you could spend a year and still not see it all!

Lou_and_Bette
12-20-2015, 10:28 AM
There is so much to see and do here in Colorado that you could spend a year and still not see it all!

You are right John, this is true about so much of this beautiful country of ours. We are in our fourth year of full timing and using these first excursions into new areas as scouting trips so that after we have filled in our "map" we can go back to areas we want to explore more closely. Plus, we get to establish contacts with some wonderful people from the local area...win-win all the way.

JohnD
12-20-2015, 10:33 AM
You are right John, this is true about so much of this beautiful country of ours. We are in our fourth year of full timing and using these first excursions into new areas as scouting trips so that after we have filled in our "map" we can go back to areas we want to explore more closely. Plus, we get to establish contacts with some wonderful people from the local area...win-win all the way.

Maybe we'll see you at one of the Colorado HOC Rallies this summer . . . ?

We will be at the Tucson, AZ rally in February and both Colorado rallies in 2016 . . . we have decided to skip the regional in Vegas.

Doublegranch
01-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Time for a deposit to hold your reservation:
Please call into the Resort at 505 831 3545 for a one night deposit.
If you are a Good Sam Member, give them your number for the discount.
They will not give sites numbers over the phone but we have a block of 12 together.
Anyone can help you, be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland Rally...
Any issues ask for Melinda.

Ann&Ted
01-27-2016, 02:41 PM
Howdy Garry, I just made our reservations at American RV. All set to arrive on May 3 and depart on May 9th.

gwalter
01-27-2016, 03:23 PM
Garry our reservations are made. We will be in on the 4th and out on the 9th. We are scheduled for Arrowhead on the 11th and thinking about stopping off in Santa Fe or Taos for a night or two on the way there.

Doublegranch
01-27-2016, 03:28 PM
Gregg:

Thanks for the update. I was waiting to see what your plans are before extending. I think I may also extend to the 9th and move Buena Vista up from the 11th to the 10th arrival.
I think there are a number of us going from ABQ to Buena Vista...

Hope to have the New Sundance for this trip....they just gave it a model number and the prototype will be heading into the assembly line soon. Can't wait...

MTPockets
01-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Maybe some can consider the Show Low, AZ Campout 4/28 - 5/1... Check it out on the events page....

Doublegranch
01-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Terry:

Once I get a pick up date in Goshen, I will know if I can attend the camp out....That is a beautiful area and I love it up there!

Doublegranch
01-27-2016, 11:17 PM
Welcome Steve & Ginger & Rich & Vicki to the New Mexico Chapter Rally....
Thanks for signing up....
This fills our initial block of 12 sites....If anyone else would like to join, additional sites are available.

Make sure you let me know your exact dates and if you will be joining us for the Mexican Dinner...

chiefaret
01-29-2016, 08:49 AM
Arriving on the 4th leaving on the 8th. Will not make dinner.

Lou_and_Bette
01-29-2016, 10:39 AM
Reservations made for real, called in November and thought we had reservations but I called to give them my deposit and spoke to Lori who informed me there was no record of our call. Lori was very helpful and we are registered for real now. Arriving 2 May and leaving 9 May, going straight to Arrowhead. We will be headed back to NM middle of June for another 3 weeks to see some of the other areas.

Doublegranch
01-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Lou & Bette:

Safe travels.....can't wait to meet you both..

chiefaret
01-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Arriving on the 4th leaving on the 8th. Will not make dinner.

Little change in plans, arriving one the 5th and leaving on the 8th. Deposit made.

Doublegranch
02-02-2016, 04:36 PM
It appeared the Resort was charging a little more than the price given at the time of blocking space...It has been corrected.
Here is a copy of the email from the Resort....So make sure you have the adjustment when you check in and pay for the remainder of your stay.

camp@americanrvpark.com

11:42 AM (2 hours ago)
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

to me

Garry,
Just talked with Ellen and we will honor the price you were told. I have gone in and adjusted the ones that have already book and the system will just adjust it so they have to pay less when checking in. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, Cox just booked as well.
Thanks
Melinda

gwalter
02-02-2016, 06:03 PM
I wondered why I got a new confirmation today. Thanks for catching that and getting it corrected.

Doublegranch
02-03-2016, 12:33 PM
UPDATE:

It is the Resorts policy not to advise site numbers over the phone. You will receive your site number when you check in.
Melinda has assured we do have block space and the larger units are on one side of the street and the smaller on the other side.
So we are all together according to her last email.

awfinney
03-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Garry, if there are spaces still available, Andrea and I would like to attend this rally.

Doublegranch
03-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Tony:

I will get you in....what dates do you want,,early arrival or late departure, will you be going to the dinner with us?

awfinney
03-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Arriving on 5/5, departing 5/8. Thanks

gwalter
03-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Garry we are staying at American RV Park tonight and tomorrow night. We changed our arrival for the rally to May 4th. This looks like a great place and glad you picked it.

Doublegranch
03-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Thanks Gregg & Linda:

I think everyone will really enjoy the Resort, very nice & clean. If you get a chance check out the Rec hall where we will have a full kitchen for the pot luck.

gwalter
03-03-2016, 08:23 PM
We did and Linda is impressed.

gwalter
03-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Garry, I think we will also be heading direct to Arrowhead from Albuquerque. Cathy has assured me that whenever we arrive they will have sites as it is not a busy time for them. We are still hoping for some more attendees. If anyone out there is still thinking about BV just call the resort. She is still working on assigning sites as not all of their 50 amp hookups are together. Some are drive thru and some back in sites. We will all be in the same area of the campground however.

JohnD
03-20-2016, 11:42 PM
Garry, I think we will also be heading direct to Arrowhead from Albuquerque. Cathy has assured me that whenever we arrive they will have sites as it is not a busy time for them. We are still hoping for some more attendees. If anyone out there is still thinking about BV just call the resort. She is still working on assigning sites as not all of their 50 amp hookups are together. Some are drive thru and some back in sites. We will all be in the same area of the campground however.

We only need 30 amp at Arrowhead if that helps with site planning . . .

gwalter
03-20-2016, 11:51 PM
John you can give Cathy a call and tell her that. She may be then able to give you a site number.

Doublegranch
03-21-2016, 09:19 AM
Gregg, we can caravan if your want.

gwalter
03-21-2016, 11:48 PM
That sounds good to me Garry. We can talk it over down there and then give Cathy a call on setting our arrival date. That will give Linda and I time to get things all set up for the rally and scout out some recommendations for places for people to eat and visit in the area. We have talked to the lady at the Chamber of Commerce and she is very willing to help us with whatever we need.

I think Lou & Bette are also headed up there on the 9th.

chiefaret
03-26-2016, 05:44 PM
Hey Gary, I talked to Naomi at American, as we are going to get in on the 3rd and out on the 8th. So see you then.

- - - Updated - - -

That is both Allens and us

Doublegranch
03-26-2016, 06:21 PM
Steve:

Thanks for the update....See you then.....Safe Travels.

Lou_and_Bette
03-27-2016, 09:33 AM
I think Lou & Bette are also headed up there on the 9th.

Gregg is correct, that is the plan. Do we need to give Cathy another call to make more arrangements?

gwalter
03-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Garry and us do not have reservation for earlier but I think you guys are ok.

Gregg

Ron-Cookie
04-06-2016, 12:19 PM
I just cancelled our reservation for the New Mexico Rally. Too many things going on in our lives right now... 8-(

Doublegranch
04-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Thanks Ron...we will miss you.

gwalter
04-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Ron. We were looking forward to meeting you.

JohnD
04-07-2016, 09:14 AM
I just cancelled our reservation for the New Mexico Rally. Too many things going on in our lives right now... 8-(

Sorry you guys can't make this one . . .

We won't be there, either.

Hope to see you guys in Vegas or at Lake Havasu next January!

Doublegranch
04-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Welcome Shelley & Howard Blake to the NM Rally!
Excited to get your email and can't wait to meet you guys!
See you in a few weeks...

Doublegranch
04-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Update:

Sat May 7: 6 pm, We have dinner reservations at Church Street Cafe for a super Mexican Dinner in Old Town.
We have two Tables of 10 each for the reservations.

gwalter
04-09-2016, 05:00 PM
This is a great place to eat. We ate there in March when we came back from the Tucson rally. Welcome to Shelly and Howard.

Doublegranch
04-13-2016, 07:09 PM
POTLUCK DINNER:

Decided to go with a nice light meat item....we will have large size peel N eat shrimp.
Remember to bring a side dish and your eating utensils for the Pot Luck.....

gwalter
04-13-2016, 10:43 PM
That is a great idea,I love shrimp but usually can't afford them. ;)

POTLUCK DINNER:

Decided to go with a nice light meat item....we will have large size peel N eat shrimp.
Remember to bring a side dish and your eating utensils for the Pot Luck.....

JohnD
04-13-2016, 11:15 PM
Sure . . . having shrimp at the rally we can't make it to . . . :p

Oh well . . . we had shrimp skewers on the BarBee Sunday night! ;)

Doublegranch
04-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Welcome Auguie & Cheryl...They just joined the NM Rally and will arrive on Friday in time for the fun!
Can't wait to meet you both...Thanks for supporting the NM Rally! Safe Travels.

gwalter
04-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Welcome Auguie & Cheryl, we are looking forward to meeting you at the rally.

chiefaret
04-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Sure . . . having shrimp at the rally we can't make it to . . . :p

Oh well . . . we had shrimp skewers on the BarBee Sunday night! ;)

Well, jump in your rig and come down for the weekend. G & I, along with Richard and Vickie are heading out next Monday and will be there 5/3-5/8. Would be great if you could make it. These jobs always get in the way of fun.

JohnD
04-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Well, jump in your rig and come down for the weekend. G & I, along with Richard and Vickie are heading out next Monday and will be there 5/3-5/8. Would be great if you could make it. These jobs always get in the way of fun.

Wish we could be there, too!

We have our annual tent sale at work and nobody can get time off during that.

Plus . . . we have our Colorado HOC Rally at Buena Vista the following weekend . . . and we will be there!

Maybe you guys can caravan with some who will be in Albuquerque up to our Rally? :cool:

chiefaret
04-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Wish we could be there, too!

We have our annual tent sale at work and nobody can get time off during that.

Plus . . . we have our Colorado HOC Rally at Buena Vista the following weekend . . . and we will be there!

Maybe you guys can caravan with some who will be in Albuquerque up to our Rally? :cool:

That might be fun and we would love to go up there, but ( there seems to always be a but) we are due back in AZ on the 9th.

chiefaret
04-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Gary,

Other rallies you wanted to know what we were bringing to the pot luck so all didn't bring the same thing. We are going to bring a pasta salad.

- - - Updated - - -

Steady rain today in Lake Havasu, some heavier times with lightning and thunder. Hope it heads east quickly for Monday travel headed to Albuquerque .

Doublegranch
04-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Steve:

Thanks....Pasta Salad sounds great...

I have a couple of nice prizes for the drawing and since this is a fund raiser for the NM Chapter to give them a small financial base to work from, I am not buying every RV a gift as I normally do in all my past Rally's. The NM Chapter will have the future advantage of having enough money in their fund to host a Rally without the Chapter Leader funding the event and waiting for a payback. So let's sell lots of 50/50 tickets!

Doublegranch
05-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Hope everyone is ready for the NM Rally....We have attendees leaving today, tomorrow and Thursday....
Can't wait to see everyone and meet new friends. Safe Travels to everyone!!

Lou_and_Bette
05-03-2016, 10:08 AM
We're here and waiting for the rest of you guys.

Doublegranch
05-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Happy Cinco De Mayo! The town is busy and the TRAFFIC is a bear cat!!!
Even at 6 am this morning, I could not believe the people out and about..Guess the
ranch life is spoiling me...big time!

Good social gathering at the watering hole last night.....Wish I had a recorder for all
of "Steve's" stories!~ We could write a great book.....

akrebel
05-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Welcome Auguie & Cheryl...They just joined the NM Rally and will arrive on Friday in time for the fun!
Can't wait to meet you both...Thanks for supporting the NM Rally! Safe Travels.

The Auguie half of Auguie and Cheryl is at the rally. I will drive up from Las Cruces tomorrow after school and should arrive around 8:30 or so. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheryl

Doublegranch
05-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Cheryl:

You missed a great pot luck and we even had Peel n Eat Jumbo shrimp left over!~

Auggie did manage to eat your share of the pot luck.....The "homemade" potato salad you made was super!
Just wondering why it had a receipt on the lid????

Doublegranch
05-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Wow! What a great night...super 50/50 and we raised $145 for the NM Chapter. Steal a gift night was a hoot, followed by our prize give away and everyone walked away with a gift. The evening was followed up with a game night until after 10 pm.....Dominos and the card game "Golf" was the game of choice this evening. Super group of attendees from NM, CO, NV, TX, AZ.....Thank you for helping get the NM Chapter a jump start for their next Rally!!!

rvallen
05-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Hey Garry,
Thanks for the great time I appreciate the honor of receiving the RV SNAP Pads last night. Looking forward to installing them and ordering 4 more for my Big Country. We have had a great time in Albuquerque and looking forward to more Rally's
Thanks Rich and Vicki Allen, Arizona Chapter

jbeletti
05-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Looks like everyone's having fun in ABQ! Wish I could be everywhere - we LOVE New Mexico. Hope y'all treated my friends Lou and Bette well :)

Doublegranch
05-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Well we end the Rally in the morning when attendee's start to depart for the next venture!
I would like to express my appreciation to everyone for the wonderful time and your support
for the NM Chapter. With your efforts, the NM Chapter will start with $362.19 in their Chapter Budget.
This will place them on a solid budget footing and the ability to fund their next Rally! A Huge Thank YOU!

The Dinner at Church Street Cafe was incredible and we had 100% attendance! We were able to get more
sign ups for future Chapter Rally's within the Mountain Region as well as the Regional Rally for Colo in 2018!!!

Once approved, we will announce the "NEW" NM Chapter Leaders and what quality people they are...but can't say
any more on this posting....

Lou & Bette!!!! You guys are a hoot and thank you for traveling all the way from TX to support the Team! You
guys are great and you can tell JimB we did adopt you into the MTN Region!!!!!

Safe Travels when you depart and Thanks again!

A group of us will caravan to Colo for the Buena Vista Rally and will depart on Monday morning! Can't wait for
the great "Weather" that Gregg and Linda were able to dial in for this Rally!

gwalter
05-07-2016, 11:05 PM
We have met a lot of great people this week and look forward to seeing all of them down the road. Thanks to Garry for organizing this rally to get the NM chapter off on a solid footing. BUT we hope he isn't jinxing the weather forecast for Buena Vista. [emoji120] Safe travels to everyone tomorrow and Monday.

Ann&Ted
05-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Ann and I have had a great time at the Albuquerque Rally. We are now members of the Pyramid Club. Thank you Richard, Steve and Lou for you assistance and tools to help relieve that problem. After Richard played the role of swapping the drain hose with the drain cap multiple times, I now own a several new sewer hose attachments to allow me to back-flush properly and also power clean down the drains. What great friends. Lou also crawled onto the roof to help readjust my slider awning after the heavy wind stretched it out of alignment.

It was great to see old friends and also meet new ones.

jwcox
05-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Jeanne has arrived home and what a great time I had, both seeing good friends and meeting new ones. Thanks Garry and hope everyone. Has safe travels.

Doublegranch
05-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Jeanne: Wow you made it home fast!!! You know 65 is the speed limit for your North Trail....
Thanks again for supporting the NM Chapter! See you at Ft McDowell.

- - - Updated - - -

Ted & Ann:

Hum....the Pyramid club!!! This was the first experience with this club as an bystander....hope I don't have the "un-Pleasure" of joining this club!
Happy you are set up for preventative future Dues!

Thanks for supporting the NM Chapter! It was a great success....

Lou_and_Bette
05-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Bette and I are very happy that we began our first foray into the Southwest at the NM rally here in Albuquerque. Met so many nice people, saw many wonderful sights, and ate a lot of good food. Thank you Garry for making us feel so welcome.

akrebel
05-09-2016, 12:57 AM
We enjoyed our first HOC rally. Thanks to all for the warm welcome. See you on the road soon!