Any Trucks with 7 seats?

KiwiRV

Hi, we are in New Zealand and are planning to come to the US to buy a 5er, probably a Sundance 3300RC. Hope to see something of your beautiful country before shipping the 5th wheel home. We are a family of 7 so need a 7 seat truck. Does anyone know of a decent truck that will do the job. We are aware of 2 small cabover crewcabs. An Isuzu NQR and a Mitsubishi Fuso. They are bit low on HP & Torque but legally seat 7.
Any ideas or experiences? We don't want a TT and Van combination.
Appreciate any suggestions.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I did happen to see a 6-door, 1-ton Ford Pick-up this morning! Heading down the interstate. They are out there - that's all I know.

We were in a similar boat...looking for as many seats as possible. I think the closest you will come in a light duty truck is the Dodge 3500 Megacab (seats 6), or the Ford F-350 Crew Cab (seats 6). If you opt for the Chevy or GMC (unless you get the very base stripped down, base model) you will only seat 5.

You may want to look at a medium duty truck...maybe there are some that will seat 7.

Good Luck and Rock On...

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I almost hate to say it, but I think you may need to consider getting a class C rig. That way you could definitely get 7 passenger seating. Short of getting a van and towing a travel trailer instead of a fifth wheel.

Just something to consider.

Good luck,
Mark

KiwiRV

Hi - we appreciate your comments. Still really keen to tow a 5th wheeler, so we are continuing to look for a truck with lots of seats. Would a 1 ton pickup tow a Sundance RC3300- they're 8132 lb dry weight (13,560 GVWR).

Jimmyt5

Ran into a couple in FL on there first night out, that had just got a rig from LazyDays, three weeks ago, trying to unhook their rig,they were from Queensland Australia. I went and helped them. They had bought a Quad Ram 2500 Dodge and a Fifth Wheel, some brand I had not seen before, they were going to tour 18 Mths then send the whole thing home, get the Ram converted to right hand then sell it all and get their money back. They said they had to take the awning off, change tires because they stuck out past the limit and some other stuff that was on sides because it was too wide to take in country.
Asked all sorts of questions about were to go,toll roads,campgrounds. They had a lot of nerve to take this all on. Hope they do OK as they were a really nice couple.:)

Jim