Water Dripping From King Pin

rxbristol

Someone posted about water dripping from the pin area of his 5th wheel. I cannot find his post, but even after sealing the front lights and making sure all seams were sealed on the roof, I still noticed water dripping from the front cap through the king pin. I suspected condensation forming on the fiberglass, freezing, then thawing in the morning to run down and out the king pin area. I believe the following YouTube video confirms my suspicions. LINK

rxbristol

Thanks, but they're down by the front entrance. There are no water lines anywhere near the front cap.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Thank You! That was me...I was wondering about this too, because since we had the issue several weeks ago it hasn't resurfaced. We've had quite a bit of rain and no "leaking"....it will be below freezing tonight and then warming fairly quickly tomorrow...we in in Mobile, AL. Going to keep an eye on it to see if this reoccurs.

rxbristol

Thank You! That was me...I was wondering about this too, because since we had the issue several weeks ago it hasn't resurfaced. We've had quite a bit of rain and no "leaking"....it will be below freezing tonight and then warming fairly quickly tomorrow...we in in Mobile, AL. Going to keep an eye on it to see if this reoccurs.

Glad you saw my post...let me know what happens.

travlingman

I think I also posted about this a few years back, not sure I did, but mine does this also. It will do it when it gets to freezing or below temps. I noticed in our first cold weather camping trip, no rain had happened, but pin box had frozen water on it and you could see water coming out of front cap. Had dealer look at and they could find nothing. I think it is condensation as. I am suppose to have the Yeti package but thought about checking the insulation in front cap to make sure. Might have to pull some of the front shelves out and see.

rxbristol

I think I also posted about this a few years back, not sure I did, but mine does this also. It will do it when it gets to freezing or below temps. I noticed in our first cold weather camping trip, no rain had happened, but pin box had frozen water on it and you could see water coming out of front cap. Had dealer look at and they could find nothing. I think it is condensation as. I am suppose to have the Yeti package but thought about checking the insulation in front cap to make sure. Might have to pull some of the front shelves out and see.

I've read where others have added insulation between the wall and front cap and they've said it made quite a difference.

ncc1701e

I added insulation in the cap area. The openings and places not sealed in our Sundance were unreal. Still get a little drip from condensation but nothing like before. Remove the angle pieces in both sides of the closet and stuff them full. Went into the front basement area and added 6" of foam insulation every were there i could cut and fit a piece also (no gen to worry with). Frontcap has little to no insulstion from factory. Right now working on a good way to seal area around pin box to stop that air inlet.

Garypowell

The shroud on my 3010 has always had a rust stain on it on the right hand side like something is dripping but I never see any water. I have seen this same stain on other rigs but never asked. I have checked throughly and have never found a leak.

I modified the front cabinet drawers to be larger when I realized how cavernous that front end cap was. This big open space could lead to sweating so I always figured that is what it is.