Height with 2nd AC

snuffy

The listed height for the 3400RL is 12'11". What would the height be with a second air conditioning unit? The door opening for our new rv garage is only 13'5" and I'm concerned that when we get a Big Horn that it might not go in it's new home.

jimtoo

HI Snuffy,
I have a 3055RL and it is listed the same way. I have an air-conditioner in the bedroom also and it is not a low profile unit. I measured mine hooked to tow vehicle and on level ground, I was 13' 2". I know it must be OK, because I have been under some 13-6 underpasses and have not knocked anything off. This is with my unit on a one ton GMC dually, hitched is set to where the trailer is pretty level when towing.

I'm sure some others will chime in also.

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We too have the low-profile second air, and also sit at 13'2" on our 3600RL...and we tow with a Kodiak C4500. The Kodiak doesn't actually sit any higher than our old Dodge 4x4 did, and we too are pretty level when towing. Hope this helps!

snuffy

Thanks. After spending a wad building a new garage and thinking the door opening was high enough, suddenly I was concerned about that second uhit being too tall. Guess I will have about 3" to spare.