Fantastic fan

MandA

New owner of a 2014 Landmark. I am not the original owner. Getting to know this rig as it is a little different than ones of the past. This unit has a fantastic fan in the living area. There is no control to turn it on or off except on the fan. problem is I need a stool to reach the fan controls. Previous trailers I have owned have had a on/off thermostat switch on the wall. Have I missed something or do I need to buy a step ladder. Help!:(:mad:

- - - Updated - - -

after posting this I saw related post and checked it out. think I found my answer. will check it out. I had looked but guess I missed it.

olcoon

I don't own a Landmark, but from talking to folks & reading here on the forum, people that have a fantastic fan like you are describing, I think there is a remote, or a switch somewhere that you can turn it on & off with. Hope this helps, & I'm sure someone with first hand experience will be chiming in soon.

danemayer

There's usually an analog thermostat very close to the digital thermostat that operates the furnace and air conditioning.

wdk450

New owner of a 2014 Landmark. I am not the original owner. Getting to know this rig as it is a little different than ones of the past. This unit has a fantastic fan in the living area. There is no control to turn it on or off except on the fan. problem is I need a stool to reach the fan controls. Previous trailers I have owned have had a on/off thermostat switch on the wall. Have I missed something or do I need to buy a step ladder. Help!:(:mad:

- - - Updated - - -

after posting this I saw related post and checked it out. think I found my answer. will check it out. I had looked but guess I missed it.

It's a good idea to have a multi-ladder (combination step ladder and rooftop, sides, awning, etc. access ladder) in the rig anyways.
I once had the awning blow open while driving down I-80 outside of Reno, and I couldn't have fixed that at the side of the road without that ladder I carry.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is possible the Fantastic Fan you are talking about is an aftermarket add on. Our 2013 Landmark has a Fantastic Fan in the kitchen and the control is located on the wall at the steps next to the digital AC/Heat thermostat. The FF control is white and will turn on when you turn the temperature up. All the way down (to the left) at the lowest setting turns it off. BTW you should be able to call Heartland Customer service and ask them about it. Have your VIN ready when you call.

MandA

Want to thank everyone for all the help and suggestions. On the hall wall is the place to turn on the ac and heat. just above it is another thing with temp numbers and a lever to set it. It says Honeywell. I assumed (since I am trying to figure out some of the things here) that this had to do with the optional electric hear package that was added to the furnace. Today I looked at it closer and saw with a large magnification that it also said fantastic vent. So I gave it a try and that was it. Boy do I really feel like a dummy. Sometimes thing right in front of your face seem invisable . I just hate it when that happens. Thanks again for all the support.
Now I need to know about Theatre Seats. Wife wants to trade the recliners out for them. Where is the best place to purchase and best quality. and of course price.

wdk450

Want to thank everyone for all the help and suggestions. On the hall wall is the place to turn on the ac and heat. just above it is another thing with temp numbers and a lever to set it. It says Honeywell. I assumed (since I am trying to figure out some of the things here) that this had to do with the optional electric hear package that was added to the furnace. Today I looked at it closer and saw with a large magnification that it also said fantastic vent. So I gave it a try and that was it. Boy do I really feel like a dummy. Sometimes thing right in front of your face seem invisable . I just hate it when that happens. Thanks again for all the support.
Now I need to know about Theatre Seats. Wife wants to trade the recliners out for them. Where is the best place to purchase and best quality. and of course price.

I suggest a new thread for the theater seats so someone with the knowledge you seek won't skip your post because of the current (Fantastic Fan) thread title.