Goose neck cover while parked?

djg57

Does anyone have ideas for covering my 5th wheel goose neck while parked in storage, or in camp. I have a Bighorn 3100RL and love it. My problem is birds wanting to nest up inside the goose neck area with the power cable, etc. Does camping world sell something, or should I make something?
Thanks,
DJG in Chico, CA

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Could look into one of these hitch covers They come in a few different sizes and doubles as a storage are.

Or go to Michael's arts and crafts and get a chunk of styrofoam you could cut down to fit in the void which would be a lot cheaper.

djg57

Thanks for the post. I like the less expensive idea. It jogs my thoughts to even stuffing an old pillow there also. Thanks, happy rving. djg

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Bugs will get into an old pillow. You could use a lot of the grocery/walmart pactice bags stuffed in to one bag, then stuff it in the hole.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea. Since my wife is handy with the sewing machine, I may make a cover, that form fits the pin hitch and velcros closed in the back.

sealman

You could get a roll of wrapping/shipping strech wrap and wrap the pinbox. A roll would last a long time and protect the pinbox. Besides it would be like Christmas unwrapping it each time.
John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I made this cover but I hadn't had any problems with intruders so the back is open. It wouldn't have been too much more to include the back section. It ties with a draw string.

Attachments

• 120-2014_IMG.JPG
    120-2014_IMG.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 39
  • With Cover.jpg
    With Cover.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 35