buzzards damaging rubber rv roofs ?

MCTalley

We stayed at one park that had flyers indicating that the buzzards like rubber roofs. They warned against leaving different things out that might attract them as apparently it was an issue. Can't remember where the park was.

wdk450

I remember seeing a TV show with an episode on canary-like birds in the New Zealand mountains tearing off all of the exposed rubber (windshield wipers, front and rear window gaskets) on cars. I wonder what RVers do there?

Noofear

Here in Quartzsite from the campground, there is usually 6 to 9 Birds buzzing around up high. I don't think I've ever seen any of them pay any attention at all to any RV roof. They seem to roost in the tall palm trees, maybe that's what attracts them to campgrounds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ksmith555

We were in south Florida in February, and while visiting parks there were warning signs about them damaging tires on cars. Apparently there is some kind of attraction to rubber for them.

I also have a friend that can't keep them off of her outdoor hot tub cover. They have destroyed 2 now, but they are vinyl covered...not rubber.

I had never heard of such a thing until recently!

Relayman

well...lets see....rubber...
made from ...petroleum products. Hmmm lets see..
petroleum product....comprised of .....
oil. Hmmm oil...the result of
ancient organic matter...plants..critters...all
decaying for a millennium.
So...could these flying descendants of raptors be sensing the former coulda-been-meals...? All aged like fine wine.and encapsulated within the confines of ....say..
tires....rubber roofs...plastic
items ? kinda like those little pine-pine-scented air fresheners we hang in our
cars ?? Maybe....just maybe
their hyper-sniffers can pkck up the scent of buzzard big-macs gone by..and all
them tires n roofs act like stink-bait to a big ole catfish on em and they just cant resist ?? LOL
hmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk