Sewer Hose Storage

phranc

I wanted better sewer hose storage than what came as supplied with the BH. My solution was to put a carrier underneath the front storage bay. It lookes as if there would be some slight interference with the gas hose on the Off door side so I deceided to use a spacer for the storage tube under the floor.I had an old piece of salvage awning arm from a previous repair ( different RV)
that I bolted to the underside of the floor of the storage bay. I then used large tie wraps to fasten the tube to the U channel arm. This gave the neccessary clearance..The tube was sourced at Lowes and is drainage pipe,the ends and the screw in caps were from same plumbing dept.I had the proper glue on hand . I bought the 4 in size and is satisfactory for my hose which is the blue push together type .If I was to do this again I would use the 6 in size. Then it would accomodate a different brand of sewer hose with the ends..
I may add a second tube underneath and I will look at the Camping World Kit making sure the brackets will be able to bolt up to a convienent place.
My set up is about half the price of the Camping World Kit but more work to assemble..

Attachments

• sewer hose1.jpg
    sewer hose1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 309
  • sewer hose2.jpg
    sewer hose2.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 293
  • sewer hose3.jpg
    sewer hose3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 306

jbeletti

I'm here Gary. phranc's attachments required moderation. Although I am not sure why. Still learning on my end I guess.
Jim

ChopperBill

I made a couple of these for my TC. Make them any length and store them were ever you want. Plan to make a couple for my future FW. Have enough material left over for the purpose. I just glued one cap on and put a pop rivet in the other end for a latch and then notched a cap for that end. All was bought from Home Depot for practicaly nothing!
84124854.jpg
[/IMG]

K

Ken Washington

ChopperBill,
You might want to consider using an end cap with threads and a threaded plug. Might be eaiser than notching out a cap and will not leak.

svd

ChopperBill,
Is that standard PVC (it looks a little different) and what diameter did you use? Thanks, Steve

ChopperBill

Not being a plumber I cant remember the name of the pipe. I think it is the stuff they use for leach fields. Next to this was the same pipe that had holes drilled down the length. I used 4 inch and it will not facilitate the Presto-fit fittings. Just the sewer hose. I put my adapters and connectors in another basket. The cap fits snug and hasn't leaked so far. Real easy to knotch with one of those little hacksaws. I built two of them about 28 inches long and a collapsed section of 10 foot hose fits just right. Just stand it up on end and push the hose in and cap it off. Doesn't take up much room that way.

jaawalke

sewer hose storage.

I made up one out of 4"pvc and glued screw on end and fastened under my rig .I also installed to longer ones under there for my flagploe and my cleaning brush handle.

ChopperBill

ChopperBill said:
I made a couple of these for my TC. Make them any length and store them were ever you want. Plan to make a couple for my future FW. Have enough material left over for the purpose. I just glued one cap on and put a pop rivet in the other end for a latch and then notched a cap for that end. All was bought from Home Depot for practicaly nothing!
84124854.jpg
[/IMG]

I just thought of an improvement I can make on my home made tube. I am going to make the caps removable for both ends on my next set. Then you can take both caps off and run the hose through one or two in order to keep the hose from snaking around while you are camped.

jimtoo

I have one that I have used on three different rigs now. Made like phranc has pictured. It will fit real nice next to the spare tire and I used large hose clamps to clamp it to the spare tire cross supports. A little unhandy if you forget to get the hose out before you run the slides out. But it is safe and out of the way. Mine is made of the 4" field drain line for septic systems, it has the holes in it so it will not hold any water, and the glue on fittings with the screw in plugs.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
hose storage

I just installed an addition hose storage system. To be able to hold an long over 20 foot hose, I replaced the original aluminim jacket with a piece of 5 inch dustcollecter flexable duct long enough to reach to the inter wheel well. Now I can easly hold a over then 20 foot hose with all the fittings and the storage is completely in the space between the frame rail and the side wall. There is nothing under the coach. Real nice

BigBlue

BigBlue
I also installed two of camping world's long storage tubes. I mounted them under the front comparment. I drilled holes through the compartment floor at the dimensions of the tube mountain ears. I then bolted the tubes under the compartment.

timk

dieselengineer said:
I just installed an addition hose storage system. To be able to hold an long over 20 foot hose, I replaced the original aluminim jacket with a piece of 5 inch dustcollecter flexable duct long enough to reach to the inter wheel well. Now I can easly hold a over then 20 foot hose with all the fittings and the storage is completely in the space between the frame rail and the side wall. There is nothing under the coach. Real nice

Sounds like a good fix. Did you use the factory door? I dont think the hose fittings would fit threw the hole in my door system.
TimK

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I removed the factory door and used my table saw to remove the flange on the back side. Then I attached a 5 inch fitting to the back so the opening is now a 5 inch opening. Then I connected the flex hose to the back of the factory door.

busted2341

..Please tell me you have some pics....I am not very mechanical when come to this stuff, but with plans or pics I can usually figure it out....Any help would be appreciated....still looking for sewer storage!!

busted2341

I really would appreciate pics when u have the time...don't get wet, hot or otherwise uncomfortable taking them tho.....Thanx....

ChopperBill

Took a gander at my hose storage area on the 3055. Pretty amusing! :rolleyes:
Thats ok because I like my moveable tubes anyway. Can move them between the fiver and the TC. Will use the BH hose storage for an extension cord or other item.