Sewer Hose Storage

timk

ChopperBill said:
Took a gander at my hose storage area on the 3055. Pretty amusing! :rolleyes:
Thats ok because I like my moveable tubes anyway. Can move them between the fiver and the TC. Will use the BH hose storage for an extension cord or other item.

It works great for a package of latex gloves, or in a pinch fill it with ice and 2 beers.
TimK

ChopperBill

Aw! Fill it with a couple of beers! Nothing like having a couple of beers while you dump yesterdays intake! I like the way you think!

BigBlue

BigBlue
Pictures of sewar hose storage

Busted2341
I finally got those pictures of my installation. You can see the bottom of the front storage compartment, it's just a panel of sheet steel they weld to the frame. I drilled through it and installed some round head bolts from the inside. That way I don't have any thing rough intruding in the inside. I ran a nut up on the screws to hold them in place and then pushed the sewar hose storage tubes up on them.
If you have any more questions, let me know.

Attachments

• 100_2386.JPG
    100_2386.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_2387.JPG
    100_2387.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_2388.JPG
    100_2388.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_2389.JPG
    100_2389.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 139

dieselengineer

Charter Member
It final stop raining, so I got a chance to take some pictures of the mods to the sewer hose storage. I used the original location as you can see in the first photo. Now the storage tube can hold a 20 foot plus hose with all the ends and clear fittings attached. Nice clean setup.

Attachments

• HPIM3527.JPG
    HPIM3527.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 143
  • HPIM3528.JPG
    HPIM3528.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 132
  • HPIM3531.JPG
    HPIM3531.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 113
  • HPIM3529.JPG
    HPIM3529.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 129

busted2341

I don't want to seem like a idiot, but I am as mechanially inclined as a fish. I like your modification, I wonder why the factory couldn't figure that one out, anyway, are you available or are there directions...not a patend yet is it??..looks great. I hope to have a friend to help with your idea.....Well back to camping, our second trip out and other that the storage being a pain everything working well....

jaawalke

I used clamps from the electrical trade that have a hole in the base that I bolted to the frame of the trailer and then it clamps around the pipeand tightened up with a 1/4 20 bolt.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Now that you bring it up. At the Rally this subject did come up. We had a round table discussion with alot of the folks at Heartland. Most of us had some thought or another about the lack of or redesign of the hose storage. I will say that the Heartland group was very inteested in the ideas and are willing to take some into consderation.

jbeletti

jaawalke,

Did you use a "beam clamp"? Here's one - but there are so many styles:
2000.jpg

Google image search...