led brake lights

beardedone

Beardedone
A little while ago I viewed a post about switching out brake lights for led ones. Now I can't find it despite trying many searches. Does anyone recall the post?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I swapped out my tail lights for LED's I bought from Harbor Freight. They are direct rubber mount replacements and are also direct plug in. Just go to www.harborfreight.com and search for led tail lights. I had pictures but I can't find them:eek: I found them:D. BUT they wont open right. Go to this link for more details. //heartlandowners.org/forum...ght=led+lights

Attachments

• 119-1980_IMG.JPG
    119-1980_IMG.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 249
  • 119-1979_IMG.JPG
    119-1979_IMG.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

jnbhobe

I did it with signal-stat show truck leds. As ray said they are direct replacements. I also did all the clearance lights and added mid-side turn lights,all from NAPA. Also put chrome trim rings on all the lights. Easy job makes it look good too. Good Luck,Jon:)

Delaine and Lindy

You will like the LED'S, they are more expensive however they will last longer and pull a lot less volts and are cooler to the touch. I have had the LED's before and the 5er we just bought has all LED's and a middle mount turn signal. Good Luck... GBY....

StevieWonder

I just upgraded all the marker and tail lights on my Sundance with LED replacement bulbs. Easy fit. I strongly suggest the red for the red markers/tail lights and white for the amber markers. Pop off the lens, replace the bulb (some can be polarity sensitive ... if it doesn't light up, rotate the LED bulb 180 degrees and reinsert).

As stated ... BRIGHTER, COOLER, LONGER LIFE, LESS AMP DRAW. :eek:

www.ledlight.com