B&W companion hitch for f350 with 20" wheels

Jwill18

Just curious if folks have a setup with F350 B&W companion hitch (with factory pucks) with 20" wheels? I'm wondering if the hitch will adjust low enough to allow our toy hauler to pull level....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Eric1234

Good morning,

i have a 2015 F350 short bed with 20" wheels. I went through several hitches (Reese Elite, old style B&W, airsafe) and I think I found the one for me Anderson ultimate hitch. I hooked up and am towing on our first trip Ca to NY. The hitch was easy hook up, leveled trailer pretty much, fast to install, lite weight (I went form 250 lbs airsafe hitch to 35 lbs Andersen. And lastly I jack knifed the trailer a couple of times with no problems (pin on trailer sits back about 9" further with Andersen)

Hope this helps,

Eric

Jwill18

Good morning,

i have a 2015 F350 short bed with 20" wheels. I went through several hitches (Reese Elite, old style B&W, airsafe) and I think I found the one for me Anderson ultimate hitch. I hooked up and am towing on our first trip Ca to NY. The hitch was easy hook up, leveled trailer pretty much, fast to install, lite weight (I went form 250 lbs airsafe hitch to 35 lbs Andersen. And lastly I jack knifed the trailer a couple of times with no problems (pin on trailer sits back about 9" further with Andersen)

Hope this helps,

Eric
Eric1324,
Let me know how towing with Andersen goes. My initial reaction is like many others (it seems too light and too much of a gimmick); however that is based on no experience. I'm trying to get more facts from actual users. The thoughts of a 30lb hitch are awesome...

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Good morning,

Hope this helps,

Eric

Eric1324,
Let me know how towing with Andersen goes. My initial reaction is like many others (it seems too light and too much of a gimmick); however that is based on no experience. I'm trying to get more facts from actual users. The thoughts of a 30lb hitch are awesome...

Just got back from our first trip with the new Anderson Ultimate hitch. I must say...Awesome!! Very inmpressed. Solid!! Don't let the light weight fool you. I too was concerned, Not anymore. Only 1156 miles so far. My opinion might change as I get more miles logged. But for now.....A+.

Alan_B

Just curious if folks have a setup with F350 B&W companion hitch (with factory pucks) with 20" wheels? I'm wondering if the hitch will adjust low enough to allow our toy hauler to pull level....

We have a 2017 F350 with 18" wheels and the B&W Companion hitch using the factory pucks. The hitch is on the highest setting which provides 6"-8" of clearance between the fifth wheel nose and the pickup box bed rails. The fifth wheel rides level.

Aandaar

Just got back from our first trip with the new Anderson Ultimate hitch. I must say...Awesome!! Very inmpressed. Solid!! Don't let the light weight fool you. I too was concerned, Not anymore. Only 1156 miles so far. My opinion might change as I get more miles logged. But for now.....A+.

I have put over 10000 miles on my Anderson. I will never go back to a conventional 5th wheel hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwill18

I have put over 10000 miles on my Anderson. I will never go back to a conventional 5th wheel hitch.

How heavy is your camper and what is your tow vehicle?

Aandaar

How heavy is your camper and what is your tow vehicle?

We run a Bighorn 3970 at 43ft and 16500lbs with a 2014 Ram 3500 SRW.
9e2d05d3f62c0f0f0e79036be2aae93f.jpg

Jwill18

We run a Bighorn 3970 at 43ft and 16500lbs with a 2014 Ram 3500 SRW.
9e2d05d3f62c0f0f0e79036be2aae93f.jpg

Nice. I am seriously considering an Andersen hitch. Did you talk to Heartland or Lippert by chance to see if they have anything to say or if it impacts the frame warranty?

Aandaar

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Nice. I am seriously considering an Andersen hitch. Did you talk to Heartland or Lippert by chance to see if they have anything to say or if it impacts the frame warranty?

We were told that the Anderson is now approved by Lippert and their frames. It will not void the warranty. When we did the factory tour over the National rally, It was mentioned several times that the hitch was awesome.

NHCelt

If it helps, when I bought my 2017 F350 srw, I looked at one with 20" wheels. I was told that tge tailgate height is within 1/2 inch of 18" tires...smaller profile tires.

Eric1234

I am doing a factory tour today, I'll make sure to ask about the frame warranty and the Andersen hitch

Eric

danemayer

I am doing a factory tour today, I'll make sure to ask about the frame warranty and the Andersen hitch

Eric

Eric,

You can ask, but keep in mind that nothing a Heartland employee or dealer verbally commits can supersede or alter what's stated in the Heartland Warranty, nor can they verbally commit anything at all on Lippert's behalf. And of course, they're not permitted to give you any written commitments that would modify the warranty language. All they can do is convey their understanding.

From what's been previously posted about the Andersen Hitch, Andersen provides some type of guarantee to protect you in the event that a warranty claim is denied due to the use of their hitch. For details, you should check the Andersen website.

Eric1234

I went to the factory today, they were nice and showed the assembly process. I forgot the guy's name who gave the tour but he could not answer technical and warranty questions and told me to ask the warranty department. Kind of underwhelming experience.

eric