2017 North Peak 28TS Extra Wire ????

TenOC

I have a 2017 28TS North Peak. While installing a 2nd A/C (yes it is pre-wired for a 2nd A/C) I removed the power panel. Much to my surprise I found a 120 volt wire leading to the distribution box that was not connected to the distribution box. This appears to be an extra wire that was never connected to the distribution box nor is there a circuit breaker to attached the wire to.

Any idea where this wire goes -- I may want to connect it a later date

Text.jpg.

danemayer

The wire may just be part of a wire bundle that is used on more than one floor plan. A wire to nowhere.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The white wire looks like it either broke or burned off. Do I see that correctly?
White is normally used as the neutral and green to ground.
Do you see a black wire that might be bundled with the white and green?

Peace
Dave

TenOC

The white wire looks like it either broke or burned off. Do I see that correctly?
White is normally used as the neutral and green to ground.
Do you see a black wire that might be bundled with the white and green?

Peace
Dave

There is a black wire in the bundle. You can see it at 7:00 o'clock. All 3 wires are clean cut and never used.

- - - Updated - - -

The wire may just be part of a wire bundle that is used on more than one floor plan. A wire to nowhere.

I am sure you are correct, the question is where did the wire in the bundle go to? If I know it went to the storage bay (and I could fine the end) I may add a heater at some later date.

Last edited: