Landmark Louisville Modifications

jbeletti

Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications Surprise Find!

Tonight i moved the bedroom thermostat to heat pump mode. It happens to have a heat pump. The dealer said no it doesn't but testing it proved them wrong. Like an Easter Egg left in software.

Brian

Sweet - enjoy your easter egg!

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications- Basement Renovation

Basement Reno is completed!

• I have gained 36 extra sq ft of floor space. A lot of work to make this happen. A lot wiring was straightened out and attached , loomed and fastened.
  • The water pipes secured as well.
  • I extended the black flush and by cutting this was able to straighten even more wiring.
  • I reworked plumbing for the Washer drain, opened up a large space for our BBQ, Important to have a big grill and now a place to store it.
  • The Bathroom Sink drain was also reworked straightening up out of plumb line in 2 directions, allowed me to box it and warp in carpet.
  • Made 2 new panels for the back of the basement.
  • Found an serious electrical issue when i heard arcing and my generator was changing load as the Convertor came on. The plug was bent and the outlet really loose. I did replace this outlet.
  • I added bright basement lighting 8 LED fixture surplus from Goshen RV Surplus $2 each.The old wall came on a angle an across to the other bay door.

fullsizeoutput_c92.jpgIMG_4962.JPGIMG_4960.JPG

Now the shower drain is above this storage bin that has the back cut out to allow the P trap and water lines pass. The Back Flush valve is also up there and my concern like many is it leaking. Once I get the loading figured out I will add a drain below the trailer to this little piece of insurance against a flood. Also thought of an Amazon water sensor to alert me if there is a leak when back flushing the black tank. My outdoor TV is right there so preventing damage is key.

IMG_4964.JPG

I can still reach above the back wall due to wires I could not go to the ceiling and cable into the transfer switch was dressed below the upper deck. I will store our water jerry cans back there along with some spare parts.

Brian

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications- Bedroom to Basement Wireless System

I have my Bedroom Entertainment system wired up behind the TV

• Shaw Satellite Receiver
  • HDMI Splitter
  • Wireless HDMI to Basement TV
  • Infrared repeaters for bedroom and part of the Wireless HDMI

Not the neatest but secure and functional.

IMG_4916.jpg

Brian

Last edited:

dewwood

Looks like you are enjoying your new Landmark before you even get to take it out to a campground.

CDN

B and B
Landmark Louisville Modifications- 30 Amp External Generator Connection using Transfer Switch

I have installed a external 30 amp Generator connection for my 4kw Powerhouse generator. This allows me to a quick hookup when we stop for lunch or to run AC for dog at a stop without using the main 50 amp connection. Also gives me power utility diversity should the power real slip rings fail. The transfer switch just does its things automatically. I moved the generator connection quad box to an accessible location. Also added looming to the power feed.

a4aa95ec58a6274c45a49e43364b54ee.jpg

The duplex outlet is fused at 6 amps and used for ground to neutral tie to ground to make EMS happy. Also a outlet for a 12 wall wart to power the hour meter on the control panel, not sure if this will change the profile of the EMS or not as it was tied to this 12 volt source to run alternative program. Right now with the two hots tied together in the junction box I have 30 amp profile in use.

50619e059ecc11e4e72b4398a40834a4.jpg

Generator lives in the bed of my truck.

904c12ac3b962edc3f02db549caf5023.jpg

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications- CPAP Power

Todays work was to get 2 12 Volt 14 gauge feeds for two CPAP machines run from CD power distribution. Each Resmed S9 machine says it needs 13 amps at 12 volts run. This is heater on 6 and heated hose with full pressure. I measure the current draw prior to installation the way I would use the machine it was 4 amps average 7 amps peak. DW machine the way she uses it was 5 amps average and 8 amps peak. Neither of us use heated hose and I dont't use humidifier in the summer.

I noted when I took delivery the bed platform panel finish left a little to be desired and a rats nest of wires between the larger slide and the wall. The cable that runs the smaller Schwintek slide was tight with no slack when the slide came in making a point of failure for this system. I disassembled the bed platform to gain access to run wires and dress existing wires.

Need to fix the extra wiring in the ODS propane compartment in daylight tomorrow and add a extra power disconnect and fusing for the CPAP circuits.

While I was in there I reattached the inner cabinet back wall, ours does not have the doors for the limited storage. I also add some screws to the bed frame as the staples with no glue has let go.

Hard to see but there is loom over the wires the knots in the canbus wiring along with slide control wiring all dressed,

IMG_5016.JPGIMG_5012.JPG

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications- Basement Loading

Just some pictures of stuff loaded in the basement.

IMG_5040.JPGIMG_5042.JPGIMG_5039.JPGIMG_5038.JPG

Added new LED light to Docking station and while I was at it put my TMPS repeater in here.

fullsizeoutput_cc0.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5041.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 90

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications- Maiden Voyage

Just got home from 3 nights away on Lake Erie. Had a great time temps at 32 F one night. Fireplace, furnace and heat pump kept us warm.

A couple issues, starting water leaks.

Hot at vanity and kitchen dish washer prep leaked. The high hot water pressure after doing dishes caused this. When working on the basement I tightened everything on the docking station and water heater. I did check the fixtures, need to tighten more.

Onto the the Mods.

I already bought the stainless hose for the fridge. The plastic system leaked at the shutoff, the underslide shut off, drain and the back of the fridge blew off. Tonight i cut a access panel to run the stainless. Need to finish tomorrow in the daylight as I need to added a new hole as the 1/4 plastic was slide in beside two copper lines for the cooktop and oven. This was never turned on from factory.

Dual Pane
I have one window that has moisture inside, I have seen either they are sealed or have a vent.

Dodgey electrical connections in the one slide interconnect that feeds the entertainment and fireplace. Fixed the marrette twisted connections where the stranded wires fell out of the connectors. I went into this to disconnect the one feed that was a big knot going into the flex section to the slide.

Shower head mounted and designed for a 5 ft person. I am 6 ft 4 in and DW is 5 ft 10 in so looking at options and get our Oxyegenics shower head mounted.

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications Shower

The Factory installed shower was suitable for 5 ft 3 person.

Modified this and reinstalled our Oxygenics Shower head. Cut down the sliding shower holder and mounted high enough to work correctly. Used original holes on top.

IMG_5115.jpg

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications - Sealing, Caulking etc

• I spent about 3 hours sealing the underside of the trailer. Tape up missed cuts in spots. Sealed up all holes with either rodent proof spray foam or silicone seal. Used two tubes caulking all cracks and entry points. I fixed the loom and cable accordions on both slides. Things were a bit messy, Disconnected AC cables and rerouted to eliminate knots and such. Lots of cable ties to clean things up. Sealed up underneath the front of the trailer to help water proof the front bay.
  • I caulked the bottom of the wet bay. The corners had just cracked, likely first time down the road it did this.
  • Caulked the bottom of the hot water heater, some spots water could get behind the frame and the heater cabinet.I had delimitation on a Rockwood from this siuation.
  • The two bay doors were warped in in the middle. I have been shimming the middle of the door to straighten out the door, Getting better every week
  • Ordered One Key locks from RVLOCK on a 20 percent off sale last weekend. doing all bay locks and door. Just standard lock for the door.

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications-RV Lock Security Upgrade

Today was RVLOCK security upgrade on Louisville. Installed keyed alike latches on all 3 bays, both sides. Also main door just keys, membrane pads do not last up here in the winter.

The profile of the bay locks that replace Southco are not perfect and would have been nice if they covered the original footprint. I paint the bare white material prior to install on the bays and the door. The rough cutout on Lippert doors has a start point that is not 100% covered. Will caulk this after the paint hardens up and I buff it a bit to blend. I knew the entry door would be a touch up between stock and RVLOCK.

The paddles seem to be less sturdy than stock Southco but I did have a break-in on the Bighorn, they just pulled the handle hard and broke the pot metal. The Locks on the new RVLOCK are bolted in place and have a steel paddle, will be more secure IMHO.

Pictures once I get some daylight.

CDN

B and B
My aim with Solar is to be able to run my Fridge for a couple days prior to leaving on trips. I was able to get the panels on a half price sale on Amazon. A MPPT controller is mounted in the front bay for charge control. The dealer owes me two new batteries as the ones he gave me are from 2017 rather old for a trailer delivered in March of 2019. I have not had sun since putting these out on Saturday. The frame is just scrap 1 by 4 for proof of concept. I would like to do a permanent install at the back of my storage site but need HOA approval for this. Thinking of roof mounting the panels at some point but putting holes in the roof has me nervous. Where we camp 90% of the time we are under trees and always have Hydro (electric) so I have no need for charging on the road.

IMG_5160.JPG

jbeletti

Mounting on the roof will ensure they won’t walk away.

Just read a blog post about a couple whose portable panels got stolen from next to their RV while they were gone for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Mounting on the roof will ensure they won’t walk away.

Just read a blog post about a couple whose portable panels got stolen from next to their RV while they were gone for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, we are in a relatively crime free area but the thought is always there someone will attempt a theft. They are aircraft cabled down with a pad lock.

Brian

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville- Dealer Visit and Scoutcraft

Today we stopped by our dealer on the way to camping for a week away. I was able to get my slide gasket and D change replaced on the kitchen slide and the front AC Cover, was cracked when we did PDI. I also have a care package from Heartland with a bunch of small things to replace like the Level Up control panel, the panel membrane was damaged by installation with a drill.

We arrived at Camp to find both closet rods on the floor.

Scoutcraft fixed the bent rod. I had a spare rod holder to fix the one that was broken.
IMG_5172.JPGIMG_5173.JPGIMG_5174.JPG

ILH

My aim with Solar is to be able to run my Fridge for a couple days prior to leaving on trips. I was able to get the panels on a half price sale on Amazon. A MPPT controller is mounted in the front bay for charge control. The dealer owes me two new batteries as the ones he gave me are from 2017 rather old for a trailer delivered in March of 2019. I have not had sun since putting these out on Saturday. The frame is just scrap 1 by 4 for proof of concept. I would like to do a permanent install at the back of my storage site but need HOA approval for this. Thinking of roof mounting the panels at some point but putting holes in the roof has me nervous. Where we camp 90% of the time we are under trees and always have Hydro (electric) so I have no need for charging on the road.

View attachment 61764

Hi Brian,

My son and I built a rig that put the two solar panels (about the same size as yours) on a pole. We designed the bottom of the pole with a flat "foot" that slides under one of the front hydraulic legs. That way it makes it VERY difficult for anybody to steal the panels. I was sure I had posted the pictures on this forum - but I'm on a slow connection this weekend. The whole rig breaks down for easy storage when I'm away (I put it in my house garage).

CDN

B and B
Ordered my 6 volt batteries today. They will go in next week during the maintenance window before we head out again in 12 days. Just 2 batteries to at least get some decent capacity to run the fridge and level up when not on AC power.

CHANGE;

Dealer offered me Trojan batteries at half price with $200 return of original group 24. Deal Done. Free battery boxes too.

Last edited: