Shore power shuts down trips no breakers

Markkerns

Hello Everyone I'm new here and need some input from others. 2013 Heartland Landmark 40' 5th wheel. Just to be on the safe side the campground replaced the complete electrical box today (Licensed Electrican). Power is golden and grounds are all good. My shore power shuts down all at once for no reason. Then it comes back on 15 / 20 minutes later. This seems to be happening only when the air conditioners are running. If I turn of the air conditioners this process does not happen. I'm really confused on this one. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark

danemayer

Hi Markkerns,

First off, you didn't mention having to reset any circuit breakers, so something else must be happening.

If you have two air conditioners running at the same time, I'm guessing it's pretty hot outside. When everyone in a campground has all their A/Cs running, it's not unusual for local/campground power to drop below 105V which could trip your surge protector/electrical management system. But normally you'd expect power to come back in about 2 minutes unless power stayed below 105V for 20-30 minutes.

Or if your electrical management system is tripping at a higher voltage, that could explain what you're experiencing.

Another possibility is a loose/damaged connection between the pedestal and your main breaker panel. You might try rotating the shore power cord reel 1/4 turn.

CoveredWagon

Not familiar with Landmarks, but do you have 2 or 3 AC units? You could be pulling yourself down, but I can't imagine 20 to 30 minutes. Do you have Progressive surge protection, if so it should show you an error code that will show you what the cause of the power shut down was.