Tire valves

Netem

Has anyone else heard about the huge recall on tire valve stems made in China.
Seems the valves are cracking and tires are blowing out. When is our Gov. going to do something about this junk from China?:mad: I wonder where our valve stems on our RV's came from.:eek:

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I just heard of this on the news. I didn't do any research because we have bolt in valve stems. I did notice a recall of Keystone products with certain VIN#'s of the 07 year. It is related to the valve stems in their steel wheels. I would think that if any Heartland products are affected they should do the same.

Forrest Fetherolf

My 06 Duramax had 2 rubber valve stems split and leak w/i 6K of new, other 3 were starting to split and had to be changed out. Running 80/110 lbs psi in truck and rv tires and/or Pressure Pro, steel valve stems are the only way to go.

Forrest

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I just heard of this on the news. I didn't do any research because we have bolt in valve stems. I did notice a recall of Keystone products with certain VIN#'s of the 07 year. It is related to the valve stems in their steel wheels. I would think that if any Heartland products are affected they should do the same.
As an added bit of protection, checking your air pressure regularly will prevent any sudden or unexpected problems. You can check your rubber stems by bending them to the side and visually inspect for any cracking. Supposedly the manufacturer did not put UV additive in the rubber.

Uncle Rog

Worth Mentioning.........

We have the steel stems on our BH so they are pretty bullet proof. Last year I realized I had a slow leaker, when in the tank the leak was from the stem at the wheel, a little tightening on the valve nut and it was fixed. I now always check the nut on the valves when airing up.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I had my Tire monitoring sensors on the truck with rubber valve stems. Two of the stems started leaking causing damage to the tires. I luckily had damage protection on the tires and got them replaced without cost but now I have metal valve stems on the truck. (the side benefit of the metal valve stems is they wont say my rubber stems are leaking and need to be replaced the next tire change). If you have rubber valve stems and put sensors on them beware.

Tom of Ypsi

We got our mail today, first time in 3 weeks, and there is a a recall notice from Discount Tire on valve stems for my truck and two vehicles I do not own anymore. Just had new tires put on in July from a different tire company so no recall for me as valve stems were looked at and nothing was found wrong.