Getting kicked out of chat

laffman

I keep getting kicked out of HOC. I get a pop up saying service unavailable and can't reconnect for several minutes.

Barry & Alana

I get the same response sometimes - windows error. It only happens on this website so I don;t know why - but its a pain when it happens,:confused:

DennisZ

Make that a 3rd... Every time I get on, I get kicked off for several minutes and even have to restart my router to reestablish a link. If I'm on my laptop, after getting booted off, I sometimes can't even get on the internet with my home PC until I reset the router.

Dennis

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
I'm the 4th and it'll happen more than once in a while it is frusterating TRAVELER07

egnors

http://jabber.linuxkidd.com/

Start here, and follow the text to install the .exe file. Keep your browser window open on that page, and then go to the client setup tab in blue along the top. That tab will explain how to start the PSI Jabber client program that will link you directly to the chat server, and you won't get kicked off like the forum link.

laffman

http://jabber.linuxkidd.com/

Start here, and follow the text to install the .exe file. Keep your browser window open on that page, and then go to the client setup tab in blue along the top. That tab will explain how to start the PSI Jabber client program that will link you directly to the chat server, and you won't get kicked off like the forum link.

Cool, thanks. I got it working now.

Forrest Fetherolf

It's not your computer or the software, Jim B has This in his suitcase when traveling from rally to rally, he can randomly "nuke" any post at will. I saw it a the Vegas rally.None

Forrest

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Same for me!

It just happened to me while I was updating my profile. I kept the Chat room open while working with my profile and ZAP!:confused:

linuxkidd

I've done some updates to the chat application. I'm hope'n that this prevents the 'kick out' that some have experienced.

I can say that if you experience a 'kick out', the easiest thing to do is wait for 5 minutes, then rejoin. This gives enough time for the server to realize that you are no longer really connected.

Thanks,
LK