O8 GMC dually top of bed clearance ?

RSIG

What hitch should I purchase for clearance on my 08 GMC dually which is higher than past years? I will be towing BH 3670 with Trailair hitch and have heard of issues with clearance at various angles. 6 in. is the recommended clearance. If anyone using this setup could reply with your experiences and what you are using it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cyclone Traveler

Yes they are higher by about 1.5”. I have the Reese 18k Signature Series set one notch down from the highest setting. We are pulling a Cyclone 3210 with the 5th Airborne Pin box. I have not a had any issue with the bedrails but prior to installing of the Airborne the factor pin box had tapped the bed cover rails which unfortunately sit about an inch higher then the truck rails. This was at extreme angles turning about 90 degrees. The Airborne is little shorter in length which has helped. We have put over 40,000 miles with this configuration without any problems. And as you can imagine with a toy hauler we are not always in the ideal situation when maneuvering and unhooking. We are headed out tomorrow and I will measure the clearance from the truck rails to the trailer and post. Excellent choice on your new truck.

Inmans

Chevy 08 dually with BH 3670

We have an 08 chevy dually and pull a Bighorn 3670, we have a reese 16K hitch, I'm not sure what the clearance measurment is, however we have not had any problems in over 1 year with this setup. We have had been up and down hills, tight turns etc. So far this has been a great setup.

Ron and Nora

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Our Reese is set to the highest notch. If you take it to a dealer they can help you move it up and make sure the clearance is good. Our dealer did that for us when we got our new truck.
Kristy

jal555

I also have a Reese 18k Signature Series on my gmc dually. I have pulled the 3670 with no problems. The hitch was installed by a truck shop and the trailer sits level with plenty of clearance.