Installing Timbrens

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'm looking at installing Timbrens on my 2009 GMC 3500HD DRW. From the looks of it, I should be able to mount them without removing the wheels (as the instructions say to do). Has anyone installed them without removing the duallies?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I don't have a dulley but I didn't have to remove my wheels to install them. I did need a bottle jack to raise the frame a couple inches to get everything where it belonged. It really is an easy install , takes longer to get the tools and old rubber stop off than do the new install. Good Luck.....Kenny

vangoes

I have installed Timbrens on my last two vehicles and there is absolutely no need to remove the wheels or to jack the truck at all. The Timbrens are not in contact with the suspension at all when the truck is not under load. It took me 30 - 45 minutes to install my timbrens just crawling under the truck in the driveway.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I have installed Timbrens on my last two vehicles and there is absolutely no need to remove the wheels or to jack the truck at all. The Timbrens are not in contact with the suspension at all when the truck is not under load. It took me 30 - 45 minutes to install my timbrens just crawling under the truck in the driveway.

I cheated. The dealer installed them for free...before I picked my new truck up.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I sent my question directly to Timbrens and they replied in less than a day that I did not need to remove the wheels if I have adequate access. Timbrens have been ordered.

Delaine and Lindy

Timbrens????

If your driving a DRW 's 1 ton GM I don't understand the need for the Timbrens. I have a very heavy pin weight pushing 4,000 lbs and my Truck drops about 3" or less. They will not help the ride at all when your towing, and when your not towing you will know they are there. I put Timbrens on a GM 2500HD and it was a waste of money. I made one trip and took them off. An no you don't have to remove the rear wheels. Thats just my experience, and opinion others have different opinion. Also take a look at the GM 3500HD Trucks very few will be saging in the rear while towing. My Truck is level when towing. Good Luck with your choice. GBY....

grizzlygiant

I sent my question directly to Timbrens and they replied in less than a day that I did not need to remove the wheels if I have adequate access. Timbrens have been ordered.

I know that you will be very happy with your PROPERLY INSTALLED Timbrens. Without Timbrens I would bottom-out if I hit a deep swale or go over a speed bump. Now the Timbrens absorb that shock.

Proper installation is a must. They give you "height adjustment" donuts. When I first installed mine (piece of cake) I put the donuts in which did not leave space when unloaded. The result was a rough ride when
unloaded.
After removing the donuts I have about an inch of clearance empty and 1//2 inch clearance loaded. Now I have a great ride, empty or loaded, and a cushion when I hit dips or bumps.

osims

bsims
I will not pull another 5er without timbrems. They keep your truck off the overload springs and greatly improve your ride while towing and unhooked you do not know they are there.
Bill