Here we go can I tow Big country 3550tsl ?

New to forum I'm looking at buying a 3550tsl 5r with a dry weight of 11,780 and a hitch weight of 2,028.Ok now I have a 2000 f-350 psd srd 4x4 ext cab automatic short bed do you think that I can pull this rig and be within spec. thanks for the help Bob.

jimtoo

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum, and hopefully to the Owners Family.

We have a lot of good information from some really good folks here on the forum.

I really don't see why you would not be in good shape to tow the BC 3550. But I'm sure someone with more weight knowledge than me will chime in here soon.

Jim M

truknutt

Committed Member
New to forum I'm looking at buying a 3550tsl 5r with a dry weight of 11,780 and a hitch weight of 2,028.Ok now I have a 2000 f-350 psd srd 4x4 ext cab automatic short bed do you think that I can pull this rig and be within spec. thanks for the help Bob.

Bass Angler,

Welcome to the forum. I can't find the official Ford towing guide back past 2002 but I located the 2000 Towing Ratings compiled for Trailer Life Magazine (on page 3). The F-350 Supercab SRW 4wd w/7.3L TD is rated at Auto Trans-13,300# & Manual Trans-13,200# (both ratings are based on having 3.73 gears).

Heartland specs say your BC 3550TSL has a Max GVW of 15,500#.

Your truck's door sticker should have the Rear GAWR rating so you can decide if the 2,028 hitch weight will put you out of specs or not.

Good Luck.

jnbhobe

Hi Bob;

Welcome to the Heartland family. I had a 2000 F-350 CC and you should be ok if you watch how you load to keep your weights right. Ford rated the early super-dutys a little low. If you have 265-75 R16 LR-E tires they are rated at 3415 lbs ea. vs. 235-85-R16 LR-E at 3042 lbs. that is all you need for rear capacity.Other than tires you sould be in good shape with the BC 3550. Git-er bought and lets go camping,The rally in Goshen is coming fast. JON:D:D:D

Thanks guys for the info my wife and 11y old son are going to check it out on sat day. I love the floor plan on this one has a loft and small entertainment room at the back end. next thing to do to the truck is a chip,intake,and exhaust o and gauges. keep the info coming thanks Bob.

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks guys for the info my wife and 11y old son are going to check it out on sat day. I love the floor plan on this one has a loft and small entertainment room at the back end. next thing to do to the truck is a chip,intake,and exhaust o and gauges. keep the info coming thanks Bob.

My Buddy has a 2002 7.3L PSD and swears by the Edge (Evolution, I think it is). Power & Pyrometer, Trans temp, & Boost guages all in one neat package.!

ChopperBill

My Buddy has a 2002 7.3L PSD and swears by the Edge (Evolution, I think it is). Power & Pyrometer, Trans temp, & Boost guages all in one neat package.!

Got one. Not even the same truck with it. Neat part is if you start to warm up for some reason it will start a back down. % of back down is shown on the screen. I tow in level one for an extra 40 HP, just enough to take that hill with ease.

truknutt

Committed Member
Got one. Not even the same truck with it. Neat part is if you start to warm up for some reason it will start a back down. % of back down is shown on the screen. I tow in level one for an extra 40 HP, just enough to take that hill with ease.

What TV do you have?