nervous

kblasdel

Well, we are supposed to bring our new Sundance home on Thursday, and I really have mixed emotions. I'm really excited about it, but given all of the negative things I have been reading about mfg quality and all of the plumbing problems with so many campers, I'm getting pretty nervous about the whole thing. I hope what I have read is the exception rather than the rule. I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so PLEASE somebody give me some encouragement. Thanks

bigredtruck

I felt the same way while hubby drove 2300 miles to Michigan to pick up our Cyclone. Thta was in August and we have used the trailer many times and just got back from Disneyland and haven't had any major problems (knock on wood) Anything that he didn't catch on the PDI, he has been able to fix.
Good luck

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, we are supposed to bring our new Sundance home on Thursday, and I really have mixed emotions. I'm really excited about it, but given all of the negative things I have been reading about mfg quality and all of the plumbing problems with so many campers, I'm getting pretty nervous about the whole thing. I hope what I have read is the exception rather than the rule. I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so PLEASE somebody give me some encouragement. Thanks

I was running down that same road since last October when we actually bought our BH3670RL. Just took delivery this past Friday. I got a lot of encouragement from the "veterans" on this forum and when we went through our rig, we could only find minor inconveniences. The biggest was a chip on the edge of the dining table. A couple of cabinet doors needed adjustment so as not to rub and the bathroom doors needed some alignment. All handled while we waited. Systems checked out fine. I'll admit we've yet to actually sleep in it, but I've no worries now. I found a couple of other minor things that need some attention yesterday on my own, but nothing to worry about or that I can't handle easily on my own.

Just go through your inspection carefully and ask questions and operate everything. Ask for a screwdriver and open up the basement wall and have a look behind it. If you see something you don't like, say so.

If you don't have a checklist of your own, here's one I pirated from another member here.

kblasdel

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know I'm probably overreacting to the problems I have read about, but it is such a big expenditure, I just don't want to feel we have made a bad move. I'm sure as soon as we get her home, I will feel a lot better. Thanks again.;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Karen, do a search for posts by Bobby A. He was having the same nervous feelings you are experiencing. He was somehow able to tour the factory and I'm not sure if it was a coincidence but his rig was coming off the line as he was doing his tour. He was ecstatic. Everything went well on his tour and he was able to get into his rig and do a little snooping around. He had some questions and possible concerns and they were happy buyers when they finished their tour. This doesn't happen often but it was great to hear he had that opportunity.
This forum is mostly about owners helping owners with anything they need help with. Everything from problems to praise. That's why you see a good number of posts with questions about problems. We're here to help. No coach, no matter what brand, is going to be perfect. Some have more or less problems than others. This forum is here to guide you if needed in the direction needed to solve that problem. It's also a place to learn. Everyone from new campers to experienced veterans learn something new every day. Heartland also monitors the forum and has a section for each Heartland model. I don't know of many manufacturers that do that. So ease your fears, do a thorough walk through when you pick up your coach. Ask lots of questions. If you see something you don't like, get it resolved right away and get it in writing in the form of a work order for future reference. Enjoy your new Sundance and travel safe.

jpjulian

Do you have faith in your dealer? If so, rest easy. If not............. We have had issues with our Big Horn but the dealer has bent over backwards to take care of the problems. We took possession of our 2008 BH 3370RL, no longer in production, July '07 and just this weekend were out in rather cold weather for our spring shake down. Nothing major to address but will have to repair some loose trim. We have had a couple significant issues, both close to home and otherwise. Word has it that Heartland has improved quality control. Don't know but hope so. Good thing, I guess, is our dealer has done so well for us. Bad thing is that our last two units were Sunnybrooks and we had zero quality issues over 12 years of ownership.

Christytra

If I had read all this first, I might not have even purchased! It's really not as bad as it might seem. We've had our's for a year and have had no problems except a mishap that was my husband's fault. Don't be afraid to take two lanes for a tight turn so you don't catch a stop sign with your rolled awning! Through reading this forum, I know what I need to check and clean. We're supposed to have warm temperatures this week so I'll be washing and waxing, checking for water leaks, checking heat/air, tires, brake wires..... This is my place to find the best ways to complete these tasks and to remind me of things I may forget!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have been to several Heartland Rallies, both regional and one National. At each and every one we have attended there has been someone there affiliated with Heartland. At our Houston Regional rally Ray from Heartland Factory has been there. We have had several round tables with to owners talking about their good and bad concerning their coaches. All of our concerns were brought back to the "powers that be" at the factory and improvements have been made. In our 3 years of owning SOBs we never met anyone from the factory except the time we toured their factory. Just goes to show you Heartland's concern for their customers. Yes you hear some bad but they do try very hard to rectify those issues. So, rest assured you have made a great choice. Should you have any issues arise contact your dealer first and then if that is a problem you can always fall back to Heartland Customer Service. Heartland provides you with telephone numbers in your coach. Not many do that. Happy RVing.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know I'm probably overreacting to the problems I have read about, but it is such a big expenditure, I just don't want to feel we have made a bad move. I'm sure as soon as we get her home, I will feel a lot better. Thanks again.;)

So was I. I was getting so wound up I could whistle "Dixie" from my southern most parts, anatomically speaking. :eek:

There is one major drawback from reading these forums. You get an irresistable urge to go out and buy more accessories and doo-dads. :D

kblasdel

Thanks again! I'm feeling MUCH better after your responses. Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day and now I'm really looking forward to getting my Sundance home.:D:D:D:D

Mariposa

mfg quality

kblasdel
We bought new and did have some things fix. My biggest problem was the service writers at the dealers.
Now, the unit is almost 2years old, and we are very happy with it. We love the floor plan 3400RL. Works well for us. Couldn't have made a better move.
Bob