Ice Maker and Speakers

ralphpam

This is a new Bighorn 3670. We are slowly getting everything working, thanks to this wonderful forum and everyone willing to help!!! Ice maker is not working. Confirmed that there is water going to the refer and everything else on the refer works. The am is in the down position, but no water. Any other ideas? The 2 speakers over the couch are not working. The directions for the home theater has a section about getting all speakers to work, but could not figure out how to do what it says. The woofer in the bottom cabinet only has static. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

skyguy

Ralphpam -

First, I can't believe your dealer didn't check these things out first!

We have a 2010 3670. Don't have the ice maker, so can't help much there.

Re: the Home theater. What brand?? Model?? We have Samsung TV and Samsung Home Theater. As it came from the factory, they used a simple three wire RCA jack cord to route DVD's to the TV. As such, you only get TV sound through the TV speakers.

We replaced this cable with a HDMI cable that goes from TV out to Home Theater in. This gives us surround sound from Digital TV stations, including the sub-woofer.

What is your source for sound?? DVD? AM? FM? CD? Might want to check the speaker connections?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ralphpam -

First, I can't believe your dealer didn't check these things out first!

We have a 2010 3670. Don't have the ice maker, so can't help much there.

Re: the Home theater. What brand?? Model?? We have Samsung TV and Samsung Home Theater. As it came from the factory, they used a simple three wire RCA jack cord to route DVD's to the TV. As such, you only get TV sound through the TV speakers.

We replaced this cable with a HDMI cable that goes from TV out to Home Theater in. This gives us surround sound from Digital TV stations, including the sub-woofer.

What is your source for sound?? DVD? AM? FM? CD? Might want to check the speaker connections?

Glad I saw this. I couldn't get sound from the TV to play through the surround sound, either. Well, actually I did, but it sounded like an old reverb unit from my high school days. I've got an extra HDMI cable sitting on a shelf that I'll stick in there.

ralphpam

The dealer was trying to get the rig ready after it arrived late Wed. for us on Friday at our request. We were living in an extended stay suite and would have had to pay for another weeks stay and really wanted to get moved into the rig. We are full time. We feel like they did a pretty good job considering the time restraint. We have the Samsung home theater and TV. We are using the radio and have sirius hookup to it. Eventually we will hookup the TV, but would like to figure out why the speakers are not working. We have checked the connections at the unit.

wdk450

Speakers/Icemaker

Sir:
You can test speakers with either a 1 1/2 volt battery (AAA, AA, C, D) or a Digital voltmeter set on the continuity (low Ohms) function. Using the battery touch one speaker wire to each end of the battery at the same time. You should hear a crackling sound from the speaker. If you get both your fingers across the metal wires you may get a small shock due to the inductive kickback of the speaker coil when you momentarily touch the battery terminal.
I would suggest checking that both AC plugs are plugged in in the outside compartment of the refrigerator slide. Most people say that the unit ships with the icemaker unplugged and the water supply turned off. I would also suggest unscrewing the icemaker water line from the icemaker solonoid to make sure the water is turned on. My shutoff valve was turned off, and located behind the docking station panel.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Dig around on this forum by "search" and you will find several ice maker makers just like yours. Mine included.
1. Go to the outside of your rv, take the lower white plastic cover off of the ref. You should have 2 elect. Plugs plugged into the recep. If you don't, find the plug there and plug the ice maker in.
2. If you don't have water to the ice maker, there is a valve that needs to be turned on. In the same outside cabinet, trace the water line back to the water coming into your rv from the water hose, you should find a chrome valve, turn it on. It could also be behind the drawer below your ice maker on the inside of the rv. You could also have a kinked water line so look for that behind the drawer too. Grab the drawer on both sides, pull one plastic "thingy" up and the other side down to release the drawer.
Keep us posted. Kenny

Triber

On my 3670, they put the water supply line valve in the sub basement where the furnace and hot water heater are. I had to empty the basement, take off the access panel and turn the water on. It seems like an awkward place to put the valve. the ice maker works great but be aware that these units work on the absorption principle which means that while they are making ice, they give off moinsture into the freezer. When we started using ours, we found the freezer compartment was becoming heavily iced very quickly and required frequent defrosting.

We ended up purchasing a portable ice maker and shutting the unit in the fridge down. Now the freezer is not icing up and we have more storage for food in the freezer.

ChopperBill

You would think after a gazillion posts on the TV/surround sound deal that the factory/dealer would install the two bit cable to make 'em work right out of the box!

cowsrout

ice maker not working

On my 3670, they put the water supply line valve in the sub basement where the furnace and hot water heater are. I had to empty the basement, take off the access panel and turn the water on. It seems like an awkward place to put the valve. the ice maker works great but be aware that these units work on the absorption principle which means that while they are making ice, they give off moinsture into the freezer. When we started using ours, we found the freezer compartment was becoming heavily iced very quickly and required frequent defrosting.

We ended up purchasing a portable ice maker and shutting the unit in the fridge down. Now the freezer is not icing up and we have more storage for food in the freezer.
Did you find that the icing in the freezer caused the ice maker to quit working? Mine operated perfectly for over a month and then it just stopped making ice. I noticed the heavy icing in the compartment but didn't think about this interfering with the ice maker operation. Do I just need to defrost?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Ralphpam,

I know with our new LM the dealer had to cycle the ice maker about 3 or 4 times before it would start making ice. He took the front plastic cover off and moved the gear slightly, then let it run through a cycle, move the gear slightly again etc. After about the 3rd or 4th time it started making ice.

Of course that's after he plugged in the electrical plug behind the outside plate like someone else suggested and made sure the water was turned on to the unit.

Good luck,

Keith